Upper/Lower

jbeastin

Awards
I'm going to run Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine and I have a few questions:

Mon/Thurs
Squat: 3X6-8
SLDL: 3X6-8
Leg press: 2X10-12
leg ext: 2x10-12
Calf raise: 3X6-8
Seated calf: 2X10-12

Tue/Fri: Upper
Flat bench: 3X6-8
BB row: 3X6-8
Incline db bench: 2X10-12
Pulldown: 3X10-12
Triceps: 2X12-15
Biceps: 2X12-15

*I will swap out Incline db bench for shoulder press on Upper Body Day 2.

-Should I keep the Lower body workout the same for both days? Is squatting and doing SLD two times a week alright without taxing my CNS? Or maybe switch to Deadlifts,legpress, leg ext and leg curl or L2 instead of squats and SLD?

-Should I add some trap work?

-How does the overall volume look? I did L1 on Monday and have some mad DOMS and I gotta hit legs again tomorrow.Should I lower the volume?

-Any other opinions/comment?

Thanks guys

Stats:
5'9"
180lbs

5rm Bench:165
5rm Squat: 240
5rm Deadlift: 340

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to run Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine and I have a few questions:

Mon/Thurs
Squat: 3X6-8
SLDL: 3X6-8
Leg press: 2X10-12
leg ext: 2x10-12
Calf raise: 3X6-8
Seated calf: 2X10-12

Tue/Fri: Upper
Flat bench: 3X6-8
BB row: 3X6-8
Incline db bench: 2X10-12
Pulldown: 3X10-12
Triceps: 2X12-15
Biceps: 2X12-15

*I will swap out Incline db bench for shoulder press on Upper Body Day 2.

-Should I keep the Lower body workout the same for both days? Is squatting and doing SLD two times a week alright without taxing my CNS? Or maybe switch to Deadlifts,legpress, leg ext and leg curl or L2 instead of squats and SLD?

-Should I add some trap work?

-How does the overall volume look? I did L1 on Monday and have some mad DOMS and I gotta hit legs again tomorrow.Should I lower the volume?

-Any other opinions/comment?

Thanks guys

Stats:
5'9"
180lbs

5rm Bench:165
5rm Squat: 240
5rm Deadlift: 340
How long you been training? Whats your bodyfat%?

Volume looks good depending on training.

Dont do deads more than once a week. Really all you need. A great glute/hamstring movement is lunges. Now that will cause some major growth and doms haha. Trade leg extensions for ab work.I petsonally belive extensions shape and dont build much mass. If you dislike crunches just to chops and captin's chair raises. You can do calf raises on the leg press machine while working both parts and getting a good strech. Trap should be added if your doing this for asthetics. Makesure to do dumbbell for as many movements that you can as they tend to add more mass than bb.

Dont be afraid to add dropset once a week on your lagging bodyparts.

Thats it.