WHat does it mean by this? I heard it works real well for underdeveloped arms

willc86

Awards
what does it mean by this?

5. Try High Frequency Training (HFT): If underdeveloped arms are your problem (and they most certainly are if you’re still reading this) it’s important to understand that stubborn muscle groups require extreme strategies. If training your upper arms two or three times per week isn’t working, try training them six times per week. Some strength coaches scoff that doing more curls is a waste of time if curls are working to begin with. I understand their argument but I don’t agree. Some muscle groups require a lot of volume to grow – much more than what you’re currently exposing them to. Since biceps and triceps are small muscle groups they can recover quickly and there’s little risk of burning out your CNS when you up the frequency.

The trick to making HFT work is to add your extra arm work at a different time of day than your regular workout. Sure, you can still do arm training in your current routine – let’s say it’s three full-body workouts per week – then you’ll add three more sessions at least 6 hours before or after those workouts.

Strategy: Perform 4×6, 5×5, or 8×3 for curl and triceps extensions variations for 3-4 extra workouts each week.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Before or after , doesn't matter , this is merely known more as a concept called "Over-Reaching" which is basically controlled over training for some weeks applying different forms of myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic workouts to shock the muscle into growth, after the 3-4 weeks have passed this frequency and punishment should be dropped to once a week (normal for someone who trains arms, non to those of us who don't like curling and still workout arms with compounds) and lower weight to let the muscle recover for at least 2-3 weeks...a "deload" per say, it should work, some science behind it its solid...but why worry so much and better look into the progression and diet of your workouts? Growth is achieved by good combination of both kinds stimuli to the muscle (hypertrophy and pumps) BUT only IF paired WITH proper DIET!!!!!!! No caloric surplus and no matter who says it , either sh1tdotcom i mean bbdotcom or any guru online...you won't grow...so eat more, work with progression and more compounds and some isolation or assistance (if you are that concerned) and let time run its course...

willc86

Awards
Before or after , doesn't matter , this is merely known more as a concept called "Over-Reaching" which is basically controlled over training for some weeks applying different forms of myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic workouts to shock the muscle into growth, after the 3-4 weeks have passed this frequency and punishment should be dropped to once a week (normal for someone who trains arms, non to those of us who don't like curling and still workout arms with compounds) and lower weight to let the muscle recover for at least 2-3 weeks...a "deload" per say, it should work, some science behind it its solid...but why worry so much and better look into the progression and diet of your workouts? Growth is achieved by good combination of both kinds stimuli to the muscle (hypertrophy and pumps) BUT only IF paired WITH proper DIET!!!!!!! No caloric surplus and no matter who says it , either sh1tdotcom i mean bbdotcom or any guru online...you won't grow...so eat more, work with progression and more compounds and some isolation or assistance (if you are that concerned) and let time run its course...

well my arms are incredibly stubborn. My calories are great and diet. In 6-7 months I gained about 35 lbs. Just last week, I weighed myself and weighed 210 and now I am 212, So I am still eating right. I am getting bigger in chest legs and back, but my arms never grow in a rational proportion with the rest of my body, So I think I am going to do this work out for 3 weeks then drop for 2 weeks and see how it goes.

So, it is just saying I can work out my arms 2 times in a day? like example

mon - arms 2 times

wed - arms 2 times

fri - arms 2 times

is this right?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
well my arms are incredibly stubborn. My calories are great and diet. In 6-7 months I gained about 35 lbs. Just last week, I weighed myself and weighed 210 and now I am 212, So I am still eating right. I am getting bigger in chest legs and back, but my arms never grow in a rational proportion with the rest of my body, So I think I am going to do this work out for 3 weeks then drop for 2 weeks and see how it goes.

So, it is just saying I can work out my arms 2 times in a day? like example

mon - arms 2 times

wed - arms 2 times

fri - arms 2 times

is this right?
Hm...I would say more like MON-WED-FRI do your normal workouts + the arms workout , for something like 3 weeks and then just go back to normal and dealod on the arm exercise weight for a week or 2...

willc86

Awards
How's your strength coming along?
My strength has been ok. I do not know why, but I feel most of my soreness in my forearms. I feel my biceps as well, but mostly my forearms unless i do one armed preacher curls; then I feel it only on my biceps.

In the past 6 months i went from curling 25lbs dumbbells to 40 lbs doing about 12 reps but I have not moved from there since 45 since to put stress on my joints. Not sure if that is normal. I also have realllly tiny wrists. ALmost the same size as a mesomorph females wrist

That is why I was thinking of doing pro hormones later on; i just think my bone structure in my arms are way smaller then most people, almost like I was underdeveloped.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's your problem: you asked about arms and only talked about your biceps. Do you want bigger arms or bigger biceps? If you want bigger arms, then you need to put more focus on dips, JM presses, close-grip, and chins.

willc86

Awards
i want bigger biceps and fore-arms. My triceps are pretty good but my bicep muscle is like a tiny line almost no bigger then 5 inches long and 3 inches wide.

what are JM presses. And close grip bench presses?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i want bigger biceps and fore-arms. My triceps are pretty good but my bicep muscle is like a tiny line almost no bigger then 5 inches long and 3 inches wide.

Unsubbed...Rodja can handle it from here...the "I want bigger biceps" does not mix well with me haha, but do listen to him, Close Grip Bench Presses are good, but if you can go weighted DIPS and weighted CHIN UPS, your arms as a whole will develop more, including forearms...for this, I know kCals and macros are not met right, you might be going up in weight, but it could just well be water weight...

Help him out Rodja please ^^'

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Google them.

willc86

Awards
Unsubbed...Rodja can handle it from here...the "I want bigger biceps" does not mix well with me haha, but do listen to him, Close Grip Bench Presses are good, but if you can go weighted DIPS and weighted CHIN UPS, your arms as a whole will develop more, including forearms...for this, I know kCals and macros are not met right, you might be going up in weight, but it could just well be water weight...

Help him out Rodja please ^^'
yeah I know Rodja always helps me out a lot. I owe him for a lot of results.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Increasing frequency of training is a well known strategy for bringing up weak points. As long as whatever you're doing is working for everything else and you know it's not just your training/programming or diet that sucks, increasing the frequency of training is fine. It can even be done to bring up other muscle groups, like weak lats (extra rows at the end of a workout), hamstrings (extra leg curls or GHRs after a workout), etc. The one exception is the shoulders, because shoulders just don't recover that well and frequent direct shoulder training just always seems to equate to worse results in my experience and in others'.

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
I've never broken through a plateau with more success than when I committed to doing a set of handstand pushups to failure right upon walking and right before bed. My shoulders responded fantastically. Forced adaptation baby, make that body think it's grow or die.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I've never broken through a plateau with more success than when I committed to doing a set of handstand pushups to failure right upon walking and right before bed. My shoulders responded fantastically. Forced adaptation baby, make that body think it's grow or die.
I love those lol...I can get around 10 and when I fail I'll just smash the ground haha, nothing shocks the body more than a bit of tough love ;)!