'Maximum Strength' Training Program by Eric Cressey

  1. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    'Maximum Strength' Training Program by Eric Cressey


    Hey there everyone!

    Wanted to touch base with those of you out there who have tried this program and get your feedback on your experience(s). All of haven't completed this program are more than welcomed to chime in on their thoughts regarding the program as well!

  2. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297849
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    42.15%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

    I'm not familiar with the program, but I'm a Cressey fan. I briefly toured his facility and met him a few weeks back, and would like to get up there to see things again when we both have a bit more time. Do you have a link to the program?

    Br
  3. New Member
    tigerdb2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    6405
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.08%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

    Big cressey fan as well. I own the book that this program comes with and if it doesn't get posted by tonight, when I get home, I'll put it together for you
    •   
       

  4. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I'm not familiar with the program, but I'm a Cressey fan. I briefly toured his facility and met him a few weeks back, and would like to get up there to see things again when we both have a bit more time. Do you have a link to the program?

    Br
    I don't have a link atm but I imagine you can find some info on it through a quick Google search. A friend of mine was telling me about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdb2 View Post
    Big cressey fan as well. I own the book that this program comes with and if it doesn't get posted by tonight, when I get home, I'll put it together for you
    Thanks, brother! That would be great!
  5. New Member
    tigerdb2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    6405
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.08%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

    Empty promise. Sorry guys i'm not going to get to it this evening. Fathers day had me all over creation. If it still hasn't been posted tomorrow I'll have you guys covered. My apologies
  6. New Member
    tigerdb2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    6405
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.08%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

    I'm not going to write the entire program out of respect for him and, quite honestly, it would be a mess to type. However, I can provide a general overview. There are 4 phases. In order, they are foundation , build, growth and peak. Each phase consists of 4 weeks following a high, medium, very high, low schedule. It's a 4 day a week program scheduled lower, rest or energy (cardio of some sort), upper, rest or energy, lower, upper, rest. Your main strength movements are typically lower repetition all the way through the program with assistance work often higher but through each phase the rep ranges lower. I found a link with a brief synopsis of everything I just typed (more or less) with some additional information about the book. It's been some time since I've read the book and I had forgotten how in depth and explanatory it was. It can be purchased at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it as opposed to someone with little to no program design schooling, stringing together their own workout.

    Can't post link but google maximum strength eric cressey pdf and it is the second link, a stronglifts . com site for the summary
  7. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdb2 View Post
    I'm not going to write the entire program out of respect for him and, quite honestly, it would be a mess to type. However, I can provide a general overview. There are 4 phases. In order, they are foundation , build, growth and peak. Each phase consists of 4 weeks following a high, medium, very high, low schedule. It's a 4 day a week program scheduled lower, rest or energy (cardio of some sort), upper, rest or energy, lower, upper, rest. Your main strength movements are typically lower repetition all the way through the program with assistance work often higher but through each phase the rep ranges lower. I found a link with a brief synopsis of everything I just typed (more or less) with some additional information about the book. It's been some time since I've read the book and I had forgotten how in depth and explanatory it was. It can be purchased at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it as opposed to someone with little to no program design schooling, stringing together their own workout.

    Can't post link but google maximum strength eric cressey pdf and it is the second link, a stronglifts . com site for the summary
    No one requested an outline of the program at any point I, personally, was looking for the feedback of those who had gone through the 16 week program. That is all. (I think it's 16 weeks, right?)
  8. New Member
    tigerdb2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    6405
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    54.08%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

    Ah, my apologies. I wasn't trying to sound confrontational about it. But, yes, 16 weeks. Unfortunately I haven't tried it so I can't speak to that.
  9. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdb2 View Post
    Ah, my apologies. I wasn't trying to sound confrontational about it. But, yes, 16 weeks. Unfortunately I haven't tried it so I can't speak to that.
    No worries, brother. I am still finishing the reading of the program. I intend to start it within the next few weeks as I am transitioning into a new work routine. I have more control of my schedule now since I'm the one who creates it so we'll see.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 03:39 PM
  3. Mass-FX Maximum Strength Log
    By Cordeen in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 12:58 PM
  4. new MassFX Maximum Strength
    By nunes in forum Supplements
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 10:28 PM
  5. Modifying Existing Program for Maximum Results
    By doggzj in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in