'Maximum Strength' Training Program by Eric Cressey

purebred

Hey there everyone!

Wanted to touch base with those of you out there who have tried this program and get your feedback on your experience(s). All of haven't completed this program are more than welcomed to chime in on their thoughts regarding the program as well!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not familiar with the program, but I'm a Cressey fan. I briefly toured his facility and met him a few weeks back, and would like to get up there to see things again when we both have a bit more time. Do you have a link to the program?

Br

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Big cressey fan as well. I own the book that this program comes with and if it doesn't get posted by tonight, when I get home, I'll put it together for you

purebred

I'm not familiar with the program, but I'm a Cressey fan. I briefly toured his facility and met him a few weeks back, and would like to get up there to see things again when we both have a bit more time. Do you have a link to the program?

Br
I don't have a link atm but I imagine you can find some info on it through a quick Google search. A friend of mine was telling me about it.
Big cressey fan as well. I own the book that this program comes with and if it doesn't get posted by tonight, when I get home, I'll put it together for you
Thanks, brother! That would be great!

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Empty promise. Sorry guys i'm not going to get to it this evening. Fathers day had me all over creation. If it still hasn't been posted tomorrow I'll have you guys covered. My apologies

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
I'm not going to write the entire program out of respect for him and, quite honestly, it would be a mess to type. However, I can provide a general overview. There are 4 phases. In order, they are foundation , build, growth and peak. Each phase consists of 4 weeks following a high, medium, very high, low schedule. It's a 4 day a week program scheduled lower, rest or energy (cardio of some sort), upper, rest or energy, lower, upper, rest. Your main strength movements are typically lower repetition all the way through the program with assistance work often higher but through each phase the rep ranges lower. I found a link with a brief synopsis of everything I just typed (more or less) with some additional information about the book. It's been some time since I've read the book and I had forgotten how in depth and explanatory it was. It can be purchased at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it as opposed to someone with little to no program design schooling, stringing together their own workout.

Can't post link but google maximum strength eric cressey pdf and it is the second link, a stronglifts . com site for the summary

purebred

I'm not going to write the entire program out of respect for him and, quite honestly, it would be a mess to type. However, I can provide a general overview. There are 4 phases. In order, they are foundation , build, growth and peak. Each phase consists of 4 weeks following a high, medium, very high, low schedule. It's a 4 day a week program scheduled lower, rest or energy (cardio of some sort), upper, rest or energy, lower, upper, rest. Your main strength movements are typically lower repetition all the way through the program with assistance work often higher but through each phase the rep ranges lower. I found a link with a brief synopsis of everything I just typed (more or less) with some additional information about the book. It's been some time since I've read the book and I had forgotten how in depth and explanatory it was. It can be purchased at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it as opposed to someone with little to no program design schooling, stringing together their own workout.

Can't post link but google maximum strength eric cressey pdf and it is the second link, a stronglifts . com site for the summary
No one requested an outline of the program at any point :) I, personally, was looking for the feedback of those who had gone through the 16 week program. That is all. (I think it's 16 weeks, right?)

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Ah, my apologies. I wasn't trying to sound confrontational about it. But, yes, 16 weeks. Unfortunately I haven't tried it so I can't speak to that.

purebred

Ah, my apologies. I wasn't trying to sound confrontational about it. But, yes, 16 weeks. Unfortunately I haven't tried it so I can't speak to that.
No worries, brother. I am still finishing the reading of the program. I intend to start it within the next few weeks as I am transitioning into a new work routine. I have more control of my schedule now since I'm the one who creates it so we'll see.