niZmo

Awards
This is what I currently do for biceps:
DB Bicep Curls- 10x3
Incline Bicep Curls- 10x3
Pull Ups- To failure
Rope Hammer Curls- 10x3
Preacher Curls- 10x3

I concentrate on negatives, and holding it at the top and squeezing my biceps as long as I can.

Is that too much?

Thanks,
Khalid

(Goal: Size and strength)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This is what I currently do for biceps:
DB Bicep Curls- 10x3
Incline Bicep Curls- 10x3
Pull Ups- To failure
Rope Hammer Curls- 10x3
Preacher Curls- 10x3

I concentrate on negatives, and holding it at the top and squeezing my biceps as long as I can.

Is that too much?

Thanks,
Khalid

(Goal: Size and strength)
I don't see chin ups, BARBELL curls , and back compound movements to help with bicep growth. Please explain the rest of your routine...and experience and time training :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
By the way , so sorry for not smacking you before, I am a bit sleepy. Muscles are NOT built at the gym kiddo, you need a proper DIET and loads of REST specially for size and strength. No caloric surplus=No gains , No Rest=No repairing and Re-adapting of the muscle tissue, so no matter how much you curl like a curl-bro , or how many Pull ups you try (i really don't know your failure max lol) if you DO NOT eat properly and track kCals and Macros, you will never grow :)!

jondel

jondel

Awards
yeah i feel that is alittle too much on the biceps, just my opinion

all those exercises with the high reps are leaning more towards endurance, id stay with 3*10 but lower the amounts of workouts

but that is what helped me gain size and strength , heavier weight but less workouts, make sure to maintain good form but as heavy as you can go for all the sets and every rep

asdfvtn

Awards
CURLS FOR THE GIRLS. Just kidding.

I suggest having heavier weights and less reps. Maybe 8 reps, higher weight.

ck Black

ck Black

Banned
Awards
Lower weight moderate reps are fine as long as u concentrate on form and make sure ur doing the reps clean without struggling (when the weight is too heave it will most likely hurt u instead of help you)

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
By the way , so sorry for not smacking you before, I am a bit sleepy. Muscles are NOT built at the gym kiddo, you need a proper DIET and loads of REST specially for size and strength. No caloric surplus=No gains , No Rest=No repairing and Re-adapting of the muscle tissue, so no matter how much you curl like a curl-bro , or how many Pull ups you try (i really don't know your failure max lol) if you DO NOT eat properly and track kCals and Macros, you will never grow :)!
As for my diet, my intake varies from 2800 to 3000 clean calories, 200 gm protein a day, about 200 oz water a day, i get 8-9 hours of sleep every night..I'm slowly starting to increase my calorie intake over time.
As for the pull-ups, it was a typo, I do chin ups lol, I do rows for my back, and barbell curls are kind of hard for me to do because I have minor tendonitis and I don't want to aggravate the tendon, but I usually just take the bare bar and I'll throw in a few slow sets 2 times a week. I should REALLY post up my routine one of these days...

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Lower weight moderate reps are fine as long as u concentrate on form and make sure ur doing the reps clean without struggling (when the weight is too heave it will most likely hurt u instead of help you)
I always leave my ego out of the gym when I walk in, I used to do 12 reps of everything I did, but I saw it would tire me out a lot more. This is how I usually approached reps as an example:
DB Curls
Set 1- 20 lbs 18 reps
Set 2- 25 lbs 12 reps
Set 3- 30 lbs 8 reps

Now this is what i usually do:
Set 1- 30 lbs 10 reps
Set 2- 30 lbs 10 reps
Set 3- 35 lbs 8-10 reps

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
At work and on the phone, but let's see, if you want size you gotta bulk, lower port to 1 to 1.25g of prot per pound of bw , fats at .45 to .5g per lb of bw and kCals oughta be higher, heck I'm smaller and I eat 3000 on workout days and 2300 on rest days and struggling to get weight with that set up, re asses tdee.

As for training don't be cyclical be methodical read into a hypertrophy and strength based program with big compounds and look into PROGRESSION schemes, you have to keep going up in weight with the iron and if you fail that's ok, just schedule deloads and what not...I can't go into too much detail I'm on the phone haha, but look up something more geared for beginners and strength, not for me being rude and ****y but so you get the gist of training or progression and hypertrophy and strength training.

5x5, Starting strength and 5/3/1 , if you don't like em try west side for skinny bastards after a whole at getting the hang of the concepts

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say cut down on the volume. That is 120 reps excluding the chin ups.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I would say cut down on the volume. That is 120 reps excluding the chin ups.
He SHOULD do chin ups haha he only said pull ups :(!! Idk haha I rather chin ups any day of the week for Lats and biceps both haha

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
bigharleyb

bigharleyb

Awards
For arm size in general, I've found that curls are on the back burner for me. Compound exercises are where it's at. Pull ups, t bar rows, lat pulldowns, dips, flat bench, incline bench, military barbell press, and the most important....squats and deadlifts and if you have time, then do a few curls. I'm 225, 6 foot with 18 inch arms btw, and I do a Push/Legs/Pull routine, sometimes keeping simple with low volume is better in the long run. My tendons would be screaming with a high rep routine.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
OP, pratice different routines for a couple months until you can see some change & growth. You just gave to be consistent.

ck Black

ck Black

Banned
Awards
I always leave my ego out of the gym when I walk in, I used to do 12 reps of everything I did, but I saw it would tire me out a lot more. This is how I usually approached reps as an example:
DB Curls
Set 1- 20 lbs 18 reps
Set 2- 25 lbs 12 reps
Set 3- 30 lbs 8 reps

Now this is what i usually do:
Set 1- 30 lbs 10 reps
Set 2- 30 lbs 10 reps
Set 3- 35 lbs 8-10 reps
Yea man in in the same range as you I agree a 100% also

rricketts

Awards
Heavy BB preacher curls

Reverse grip BB curls

Concentration curls

If you get 12 reps, go heavier.

Should get plenty of "size" building moves when you're working back. Bring the ego in the gym and go heavy broooo

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your goal is size and strength, then a bicep routine should not be your focus.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
If your goal is size and strength, then a bicep routine should not be your focus.
This. Weighted chins in combination with your other pulling movements will be plenty. Your arms will grow with you as you get bigger and stronger. Endless sets of curls, although tough to let go for many, is not the most efficient method.