New Split is dumb and over training?
- 06-11-2012, 02:38 PM
- 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Intensity rules.Try it out and see what you think.
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Secondly, your split doesn't involve training legs, which is your biggest mistake. Squats and deadlifts place the entire kinetic chain as well as the endocrine system under the greatest amount of stress, resulting in more anabolic hormone production that further stimulates overall hypertrophy throughout the entire body.
If I were you, I'd switch to an upper/lower split.
Mon: Upper, heavy horizontal, light vertical
Tues: Lower, dynamic effort lower body
Thurs: Upper, heavy vertical, light horizontal
Fri: Lower, maximum effort lower body
Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
06-11-2012, 07:39 PM
06-12-2012, 12:31 PM
i'm new to this and i saw that SS and 5x5 were recommended for newbies. where can i find a good outline of these programs?
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
As long as oyu include the big lifts in your programme and have a strength set or two you can get big and strong and have both.
Though I know that getting stronger means your gonna usually get a lot bigger and than theres a lot of huge,proportioned powerlifters I believe that if aesthetics are your goal something like a very low volume power-hypertrophy programme would work wonders.
06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By elitemuscle in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
- By Future in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
- By Onelite in forum BulkingReplies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
- By ribuilder in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 06-21-2007, 02:37 AM
- By Beowulf in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 11-29-2005, 06:37 PM