New Split is dumb and over training?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by ToNNNNyT View Post
    I have the complete opposite problem,my lower body is like 10 times stronger then my upper body.
    For example I sqaut and dead 405 pounds and leg press 880 pounds(no joke) walk over the bench press and I struggle to do 220
    Im right where you are.... I deadlift 405+ but struggle to put 220 up 1 time.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by ToNNNNyT View Post
    I have the complete opposite problem,my lower body is like 10 times stronger then my upper body.
    For example I sqaut and dead 405 pounds and leg press 880 pounds(no joke) walk over the bench press and I struggle to do 220
    So ToNNNNyT - What's the secret to increasing the lbs on the legs? as I'm more like Celorza, good upper body and poor lower body, as I bench like 330lb x 4/6reps (should be pushing more but no spotter (spotters are important to increase the mass))...secret hint for upper body training IMO pyramid sets totally max out on the peak, so one single rep (purely for strength training and try to increase that every 2/3 weeks (so wot if you fail you tried it and it's all a mindset, so maybe next time)) - so first set 120lb x 12/14 reps, 140lb x 7/10, 150lb x 4/6, then peak with a spotter 1 rep another 5lb either side, then come down to 120lb x 7/10...but do this on a lower weight (just a guide from my chest day) but it's pushing that one rep out that pushes you on to increase the weight each time....I've always trained push movements one day then pull the next too - and I to do complex followed by a compound movement (high reps on the compound, i.e. flyers)....hope there's an idea in there that helps you out - anything you can give for leg advise would be great - thanks
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by u316245 View Post
    So ToNNNNyT - What's the secret to increasing the lbs on the legs? as I'm more like Celorza, good upper body and poor lower body, as I bench like 330lb x 4/6reps (should be pushing more but no spotter (spotters are important to increase the mass))...secret hint for upper body training IMO pyramid sets totally max out on the peak, so one single rep (purely for strength training and try to increase that every 2/3 weeks (so wot if you fail you tried it and it's all a mindset, so maybe next time)) - so first set 120lb x 12/14 reps, 140lb x 7/10, 150lb x 4/6, then peak with a spotter 1 rep another 5lb either side, then come down to 120lb x 7/10...but do this on a lower weight (just a guide from my chest day) but it's pushing that one rep out that pushes you on to increase the weight each time....I've always trained push movements one day then pull the next too - and I to do complex followed by a compound movement (high reps on the compound, i.e. flyers)....hope there's an idea in there that helps you out - anything you can give for leg advise would be great - thanks
    Train them more intensly.If oyu have ever done 20 rep squats you'll know how much muscle you can put on your legs.It is so tough but it works.The same for leg presses.I work within the 65-85 rep range with about 350lbs and it kills.Actually all of my leg workouts are high rep workouts.I just prefer it that way.Use less weight,more intensly and I get better results.

Intensity rules.Try it out and see what you think.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    Train them more intensly.If oyu have ever done 20 rep squats you'll know how much muscle you can put on your legs.It is so tough but it works.The same for leg presses.I work within the 65-85 rep range with about 350lbs and it kills.Actually all of my leg workouts are high rep workouts.I just prefer it that way.Use less weight,more intensly and I get better results.

Intensity rules.Try it out and see what you think.
    Many thanks Roniboney - never tried high reps on my lower body

5. Quote Originally Posted by Borispili View Post
    Mon: Chest/Tri
    Tue: Cardio
    Wed: Back/Bi's
    Thrs: Legs/Calves
    Fri: Shoulders/Chest
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Back and Bi's

This is the split, im considering the cardio days rest days cuse i do cardio more for fun
    First of all, you seem to have a lack of understanding in what overtraining refers to. Overtraining doesn't refer to muscles, but systems of the body. The most highly recognized form of overtraining is CNS fatigue, and deals entirely with the nervous system and I can assure you you are NOT overtraining.

Secondly, your split doesn't involve training legs, which is your biggest mistake. Squats and deadlifts place the entire kinetic chain as well as the endocrine system under the greatest amount of stress, resulting in more anabolic hormone production that further stimulates overall hypertrophy throughout the entire body.

If I were you, I'd switch to an upper/lower split.

Mon: Upper, heavy horizontal, light vertical
    Tues: Lower, dynamic effort lower body
    Thurs: Upper, heavy vertical, light horizontal
    Fri: Lower, maximum effort lower body
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng

First of all, you seem to have a lack of understanding in what overtraining refers to. Overtraining doesn't refer to muscles, but systems of the body. The most highly recognized form of overtraining is CNS fatigue, and deals entirely with the nervous system and I can assure you you are NOT overtraining.

Secondly, your split doesn't involve training legs, which is your biggest mistake. Squats and deadlifts place the entire kinetic chain as well as the endocrine system under the greatest amount of stress, resulting in more anabolic hormone production that further stimulates overall hypertrophy throughout the entire body.

Very well said!

7. i'm new to this and i saw that SS and 5x5 were recommended for newbies. where can i find a good outline of these programs?

8. Quote Originally Posted by jaj211 View Post
    i'm new to this and i saw that SS and 5x5 were recommended for newbies. where can i find a good outline of these programs?
    depends on what your looking for.Some people,despite getting strong won't see a lot of hypertrophy with SS or stronglifts.
    As long as oyu include the big lifts in your programme and have a strength set or two you can get big and strong and have both.

Though I know that getting stronger means your gonna usually get a lot bigger and than theres a lot of huge,proportioned powerlifters I believe that if aesthetics are your goal something like a very low volume power-hypertrophy programme would work wonders.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post

He does legs on thursday...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. training split
    By elitemuscle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  2. 3 Day Training Split