How do i deload?
- 06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
- 06-08-2012, 11:41 PM
In simple form cut back on amounts, frequency, intensity, etc. singularly or any combination there of. Think of it as weightliftings active recovery.
There are a bunch of specific layouts to do it and all depends on preference or training style. The 5x5 program I do I cut back to 65% or so of my 1RM on my major lifts and tailor back intensity on my accessory lifts. Then the following week I begin my progression back upwards.ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
Strongest On The Market
RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
- 06-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Some people just stop lifting for a week. Others just greatly lower intensity and volume.
06-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I deload 1 every 9 weeks or so. I try to use about 70% of the weight I was using across the board, but add in a little more volume. So if I'm DB pressing 100s for 3 sets of 12, I use 75 for 4 sets of 10. I do this with all of the exercises, but keep rest intervals under 90 seconds and try and develop my mind-muscle connection more than usual this week.
Done properly, you can get a good workout, a good pump, and not poop yourself out as much as if you'd been going heavy. I almost always come back as strong or stronger than before the deload.
Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.
Similar Forum Threads
- By bklaves in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-19-2012, 04:52 AM
- By butrybench555 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
- By butrybench555 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
- By StangBanger in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 16Last Post: 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM
- By stullsy in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2010, 01:02 AM