Bicep soreness/ weakeness...

lboston

lboston

Awards
The past two weeks in a row-after a heavy back workout-I've had some tenderness in my left Bicep. It feels exceptionally weak as well.

It's not soreness like when you are recovering from an intense workout, but a dull, weak felling when I attempt to use that arm for even simple tasks like picking up my daughter.

Anyone have any insight as to what I should do? Did some heavy dumbbell incline chest presses on Monday and thought it was okay, then yesterday and today it's hurting.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever stretch the biceps? Check out DC stretches for the arms and maybe try a few of those and see if it helps. Otherwise, I think everyone would need a little more info to really diagnose. Good luck recovering, man.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Do you ever stretch the biceps? Check out DC stretches for the arms and maybe try a few of those and see if it helps. Otherwise, I think everyone would need a little more info to really diagnose. Good luck recovering, man.
Thanks man- ill Give that a look. Still hurts a bit when lifting anything. I can do press exercises w/ no troubles.

napalm

napalm

Awards
i read this the other day and have been thinking about it. possibly, and i say POSSIBLY could be related to where the bicep tendon inserts at the labrum. this def needs an mri in my never humble opinion

i've had torn labrums on both sides and the doc ALWAYS asks if there's any bicep soreness

good luck...

lboston

lboston

Awards
i read this the other day and have been thinking about it. possibly, and i say POSSIBLY could be related to where the bicep tendon inserts at the labrum. this def needs an mri in my never humble opinion

i've had torn labrums on both sides and the doc ALWAYS asks if there's any bicep soreness

good luck...
Thanks man. If it persists another week I'm definitely going to the doc.

Was your pain pretty significant even when you were necessarily using that arm or did you primarily feel it when you attempted to use the muscle?

Appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking it's a tendon issue. Does the dullness radiate?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Thanks man. If it persists another week I'm definitely going to the doc.

Was your pain pretty significant even when you were necessarily using that arm or did you primarily feel it when you attempted to use the muscle?

Appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences.
no, i never had any bicep pain. my point is if (when) you go to see a doc, this is something you should discuss w him/her. the bicep tendon inserts at the labrum. any ortho worth a crap should be investigating this.

good luck...

lboston

lboston

Awards
I'm thinking it's a tendon issue. Does the dullness radiate?
A bit. It's noticeable, but it's not irritatingly radiating or anything. Mainly only radiates if i stress the arm too much.

lboston

lboston

Awards
no, i never had any bicep pain. my point is if (when) you go to see a doc, this is something you should discuss w him/her. the bicep tendon inserts at the labrum. any ortho worth a crap should be investigating this.

good luck...
Definitely will discuss this with them...thanks for the feedback