is this a solid routine for cutting?

wanaBJacked

what up everyone. So I'm about to start a cutting cycle for 6 weeks and just want some critique on my routine. it's the first time I've cut in 4 years because was in a car accident 4 and a half years ago and have been lifting for 2 years just trying to bulk and get my strength back. 6 months of my lifting was intense physical therapy so I guess i've been lifting for a year and a half. Anyways back in the day I use to do back/bi's chest/tri's legs/shoulder's and and do that split twice a week with one day off and I got great results.

however I'm 23 and I feel like an old man now and I don't recover as fast as I use to, partly because Of my neck constantly kinda hurting wares me out.

so the routine I've been doing is pretty much one body part a day. I'm

Day 1
Shoulders
2 press's dumbell and barbell
1front
1lateral
1rear
2 traps ( I use to do these on back day but it's a little too much to hit my back on the same day now)

I norally do press's first so i can do more weight but I mix up the lifts and order i do them in for my other shoulder lifts

day 2
leg workout consists of
2 quad
2 hamstring
2 calf

order:quad, hams,calfs,quads,hams,calfs

day 3
Cardio and abs
Pretty much the stair masters bitch for this day since it's after leg day but I hate having my legs be sore and cardio helps get ride of the lactic acid

day 4
chest
2 middle
2 upper
2 lower

order: middle, upper, lower, middle upper, lower it does vary on which one i start out with, depends on which one i want to hit hardest and i always alternate between dumbell and barbell

day 5
back

2 lats
2 middle
2 lower

i start with lats or middle never lower because it's an issue for me. I alternate just like before and i try to change my routine frequently

day 6
arms

tri's
I hit each head of my tri and generally do 4 lifts. I always do tri's first
bi's
mix it up with close grip, wide grip, hammer ect ect do 3-4 lifts

day 7 Rest

so this is the routine I've been doing for almost a year, i tried doing my old one at the beginning of me being able to lift again but it was too much hard at first. any suggestions would be great. I've done this routine for my past cycles but they were bulking cycles so I wanted a longer break for my muscles but this time I'm cutting so please give me advice on what I should do for my cut. I am going to be upping the cardio the final 3 weeks. This is not for any competition other than myself to see if I can get as cut as I use to be.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulking or cutting is primarily a factor of caloric surplus and little to do with routine.

wanaBJacked

I am on a recomp diet, i'm not conserned about my diet because I have that planned out. but it does have to do with routine in a sense of reps, higher reps for cutting, lower for bulking. just asking for routine critque
Bulking or cutting is primarily a factor of caloric surplus and little to do with routine.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your thread is titled "is this a solid routine for cutting?"
I am on a recomp diet, i'm not conserned about my diet because I have that planned out. but it does have to do with routine in a sense of reps, higher reps for cutting, lower for bulking. just asking for routine critque
It is a myth that you do high reps for cutting and low reps for bulking. Diet determines whether you gain weigh or loose weight. Then you state you are on a recomp diet.

As far as your routine - its all over the place and vague so I cannot tell one way or the other.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in agreement with Dunn on his above comments.

Also...if you feel like an old man at 23, then you are doing something terribly wrong with your nutrition and/or training. Wait until you get to 30, and then 40, etc.

Br

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
yep myth, I always lift heavy in 6x8 rep range regardless. Although if I'm cutting I will decrease rest periods between sets to increase heart rate in turn burning a few more calories. just my 2 cents