Smith Machine + No Counterbalance

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
My gym just got a new Smith Machine but it is only on a straight track. There is NO counterbalance that gives you a little spot. Has anyone ever heard of this Smith Machine? Has anyone ever tried it?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My gym just got a new Smith Machine but it is only on a straight track. There is NO counterbalance that gives you a little spot. Has anyone ever heard of this Smith Machine? Has anyone ever tried it?
Pic?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some are coujter balanced and some are not? What's the point?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I don't have a pic but I can find out tw name brand cuz I didn't really pay too close attention

I think the point of it is to stay on a straight track so it can only go up and down in 1 direction and can rack it at any height. I think it's just for safety

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't have a pic but I can find out tw name brand cuz I didn't really pay too close attention

I think the point of it is to stay on a straight track so it can only go up and down in 1 direction and can rack it at any height. I think it's just for safety
Yeah that's @ my gym.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
What is the point of your question/this thread?
Read my last 2 sentences. If you haven't heard of it or tried it out than this don't apply to you. I wanna know has any1 ever heard of it or used it before. If you used it did you like it, what did you use it for, stuff like that.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Did you ever use it? One of my friends said its an old school smith machine
Just used it to assit with military press now.
I first used it to bench cause I didn't have a spot....
I've seen people use it for shrugs, and squats, leg lunges I guess, but I only use it for military press...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards