1 set of chinups, 1 set of pullups, 1 set of neutral grip pullups

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Is this a good idea for arm growth, or should I just stick to 3 sets of pullups? I've been doing pullups every other day until I get my weights back from my step dads, then I plan on only doing pullups, chinups and neutral grip pullups on back and bicep days once a week.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Those are all arm workouts that concentrate the bicep more than anything. Most of your arm size comes from the tricep.

If you don't have access to weights...

Do close grip pushups to hit your triceps hard. Dips if you have a way to do it.

Gotta hit the entire arm for them to get big. Not just the bicep

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well I only have to wait until Monday to get my weights and I usually do bench dips. Is that good to still do once I have my weight or like I said should I just focus 3 sets on pullups?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Well I only have to wait until Monday to get my weights and I usually do bench dips. Is that good to still do once I have my weight or like I said should I just focus 3 sets on pullups?
3 sets of pullups won't do crap to make your arms much bigger IMO. Body weight exercises are great, don't get me wrong. And as a matter of fact, I incorporate chins and pulls in my own routine.

But I wouldn't rely on them for arm size. Focus on the triceps doing close grip pushups like I mentioned.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Agree with Nat on this , thats mostly Bicep , keep the volume high on the pull ups though and do variations , Pull ups , Hammer Ups , Chin ups , around 5 sets total does a good trick for me , do weighted and 10 second-against-the-gravity-negatives for size and pumps!! Also , throw in Weighted DIPS , this are the best for triceps growth IMO , paired up with some solid CGBP and some good old heavy medium grip BB curls with emphasis on the negative portion of the movement!! Keep full ROM at all times and bigger arms will come thy way sir!

Last edited:
DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I do close grip bench, standing tricep extensions with an ez bar and bench dips for triceps. Arms aren't big at all, but my numbers on the extensions is 50 on each side, so 100lb and on close grip bench only 135, but my regular bench is only 205 right now.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I do close grip bench, standing tricep extensions with an ez bar and bench dips for triceps.
Do you keep track of weights , tempo , deloads? If you don't plan and eat a lot :p you don't grow bro! , but back on thread , hell yeah pull ups and chin ups are BEAST for back and bi's :D!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Do you keep track of weights , tempo , deloads? If you don't plan and eat a lot :p you don't grow bro! , but back on thread , hell yeah pull ups and chin ups are BEAST for back and bi's :D!
I go medium paced maybe like idk 2 seconds up 2 seconds down. for some odd reason though on ez bar curls I'm doing the same amount of weight standing with the ez bar as I am on concentration curls, but concentration curls feel alittle easier and I usually get like 2 more reps than on ez bar curls.