10x3 and does it work?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.31%

10x3 and does it work?

What are your thought on the 10x3 program and how does it work?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i dont know about 10x3 but i do 10x5 at times and i feel great during the lifts thinking this isnt so hard. but the next 3 days are hell from the soreness.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ns107m View Post
    What are your thought on the 10x3 program and how does it work?
    The 10x3 definitely works - especially if you're looking for mass and/or strength. I have created individualized adaptations of this for several of my clients with great success.

For more information on the principles behind the 10x3 Training Programme, see the link given here.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee

The 10x3 definitely works - especially if you're looking for mass and/or strength. I have created individualized adaptations of this for several of my clients with great success.

For more information on the principles behind the 10x3 Training Programme, see the link given here.

~Rosie~
    She knows her stuff!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I do something similar to this when i deadlift, does wonders!! there are many variations to that kinda program, one of the more recent ones is called the powerbuilding routine which is basically powerlifting and bodybuilding at the same time. all great programs
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Absolutely 10x3 works - look up Chad Waterbury's '10x3 for fat-loss' or Christian Thibaubeau's 'High Performance Mass'. Both very solid programs that focus on a higher volume of 3-rep sets.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  77 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.65%

In olympic weightlifting I do almost exclusively 10x3, 12x2, 15x1 and variations thereof. For me it does a few things: I'm usually lifting between 80-95% of max weight, recovery time is minimized, most of my gains are neurological or contractile tissue, and I stimulate lots of Type II tissue without burnout sets and the concomitant long recovery times.

This is great for pure strength, or in the case of the olympic lifts where technique is paramount (and reps therefore low and focused), but don't expect to grow a great deal on it.

Play with the rest periods to find something that works for you. I usually go 2-3 minutes between sets, maybe 3-5 minutes for heavy singles. I don't see this being at all useful for something like curls, but for deadlifts I wouldn't do it any other way.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post
    In olympic weightlifting I do almost exclusively 10x3, 12x2, 15x1 and variations thereof. For me it does a few things: I'm usually lifting between 80-95% of max weight, recovery time is minimized, most of my gains are neurological or contractile tissue, and I stimulate lots of Type II tissue without burnout sets and the concomitant long recovery times.

This is great for pure strength, or in the case of the olympic lifts where technique is paramount (and reps therefore low and focused), but don't expect to grow a great deal on it.

Play with the rest periods to find something that works for you. I usually go 2-3 minutes between sets, maybe 3-5 minutes for heavy singles. I don't see this being at all useful for something like curls, but for deadlifts I wouldn't do it any other way.
    You'd actually be surprised what some power curls for 10x3 can do. Not as good as heavy weighted chin-ups, but still worth trying when you feel like something new and different.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post

Yeah I just dont feel like there is any reason to really go above..say 6-8 (8 is pushing it unless youre warming up- BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION ;9 ) reps on a lift such as the deadlift when you go heavy cause really youll end up sacrificing form for the weight and end up hurting yourself cause noone is going to perform all their sets/reps with good enough form on a compound lift like that.. im pretty sure that would be the exact same way with something such as a snatch or other olympic lifts

Similar Forum Threads

1. blood work and work outs
    By mylo in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM
  2. Work 12hrs a Day! When Do I Work Out?
    By TonyBSRT in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
  3. does hst work (hyp specfic training) work??
    By Trapstar in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 12:37 AM
  4. Work, Work, Work, Now Advice
    By NYsOnly519 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM