Is stronglifts 5x5 worth it

kojack

Awards
I haven't worked out in about 6 months or so and was thinking of trying the strong lifts 5x5 to get warmed up and add strength but do you think it is better then a regular routine like most people do...back/biceps, chest/triceps type of workout.

ToNNNNyT

Awards
Its a good routine for beginners,I think its better then the standard train one muscle a week workout even when you become at advanced at it you can just move onto 3x5.

kojack

Awards
nice, thanks, i was thinking about running h-drol with this, im 26 and 170lbs 5'10 got like 4 yrs of working out off and on....is it worth it to do a ph with strong lifts.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
nice, thanks, i was thinking about running h-drol with this, im 26 and 170lbs 5'10 got like 4 yrs of working out off and on....is it worth it to do a ph with strong lifts.
Lol..too light and inexperienced for H-drol or any PH/DS , get some poundage bro and some experience down the road and then think about gear , at 5'10 and 170 you can still get to 190 with proper nutrition and a solid workout routine like 5x5...specially 5x5 which is perfect for mass and strength.

ToNNNNyT

Awards
Lol..too light and inexperienced for H-drol or any PH/DS , get some poundage bro and some experience down the road and then think about gear , at 5'10 and 170 you can still get to 190 with proper nutrition and a solid workout routine like 5x5...specially 5x5 which is perfect for mass and strength.
This.
Stick with SL5X5 for year(though you will probably move onto 3x5 within that year) and you'll get massive strength gains trust me.I've been doing SL5X5 for 7 months and my sqaut and dead are both above 400 pounds after starting from 180

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yup , or 5/3/1 if you have the dedication to keep up with higer volume after the compounds , its all about taste :p! But go natty bro...you are far too light and new to the gym (in terms of knowledge of proper routines it seems) for PH/DS...

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I haven't worked out in about 6 months or so and was thinking of trying the strong lifts 5x5 to get warmed up and add strength but do you think it is better then a regular routine like most people do...back/biceps, chest/triceps type of workout.
better for what? splits are best for advanced and elite bodybuilders. training movements are better for the other 99.99% of the worlds population.

so what are your goals.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
better for what? splits are best for advanced and elite bodybuilders. training movements are better for the other 99.99% of the worlds population.

so what are your goals.
Agreed in some aspects, that's why I may switch my routine up.