full body work out

XTerminatorX

Awards
Hey wassup everybody just thought I would show you guys what I came up with a few weeks ago I have seen great results so far from this routine it is done 3 times a week & takes about an hour & 5 min that's including a 10 minute cardio I hope some of u will give it a try & let me know what you think
My results so far: strength has increased in bench deadlift squat military press incline bench press I have seen more definition in my triceps & delts hoping to keep improving

Attachments

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Interesting...Welcome to the forums , read up a bit on Wendler 5/3/1 or Starting strength , full body workouts with progression and also assistance work IF needed.

XTerminatorX

Awards
Interesting...Welcome to the forums , read up a bit on Wendler 5/3/1 or Starting strength , full body workouts with progression and also assistance work IF needed.
Thanks for the welcome & the info

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Anytime.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
5/3/1 is not full body workout, but a good source.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
5/3/1 is not full body workout, but a good source.
Says who? lol...5/3/1 is build around the 4 big lifts , which are FULL BODY and also the assistance (Lets say Dave Tate Periodization Bible) makes it a high volume FULL body workout , dont know if you meant to look for dumbbell whole body rotations , but those are circuit or rotaion based training workouts...5/3/1 IS a full body workout...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Top info mate...so pis5ed I never have access to
My PC so I can rep. Always using phone
Haha I always know u wanna shoot some rep my way , thats good enough for me bro!

XTerminatorX

Awards
Just want to update i have increased 20 lbs on my bench on my squat & deadlift everything else has been a slow increase of 5 lbs & I increased my dips from jus my body weight I added a 25 lbs dumbbell

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Th whole routine only takes an hour? How many sets do you do for each exersise?
I do full body workouts with about 4 sets per exersise. The most i get is two exersises per body part. If im doing it 3 times a week i cant do more or i am too sore the next time i work out.

XTerminatorX

Awards
Th whole routine only takes an hour? How many sets do you do for each exersise?
I do full body workouts with about 4 sets per exersise. The most i get is two exersises per body part. If im doing it 3 times a week i cant do more or i am too sore the next time i work out.
Yea it takes one hour an 5 minutes & I just do one set of 10 for each exercise it really kills bc the rest periods are just long enough to move stations & add weight

XTerminatorX

Awards
You guys are probably wondering why I do a full body workout & why I dont break it up well here is why I dnt have time in my week to hit the gym five times a week I am full time student & I also work about 35 to 40 hours a week so that keeps my schedule pretty busy but I enjoy lifting & well I came up with for people like me who don't have time to hit the gym every day for an hour but still want to see results I hope those of you like me will give it a try & let me know what you think

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yea it takes one hour an 5 minutes & I just do one set of 10 for each exercise it really kills bc the rest periods are just long enough to move stations & add weight
That makes more sence. Haha. I might give your routine a go and see how it goes. One thing id suggest for legs is to do lunges first to warm them up and then do squats. id also repace hamstring curls with straight legged deadlifts.

I designed my routine using as many compound movements as i could. It looks like this

Back
Wide grip chins or lat pulldowns
4 sets x 12
Bent over rows
4 sets of 8-10

Chest
Incline Db press>db shugs
4 sets 8-10
Flat db press or leaning dips (dips are also counted as as a tri exersise if done)
4 sets 8-10

Shoulders
Seated db press
4 sets 6-10
Upright rows > bent over laterals
4 sets 8-12

Tris
Dips (more tri orintated if i did not do dips for chest)
10-15
lying tricep extension>closegrip benchpess
8-10

Bi's
Underhand Chinups
2 sets of 10
2 sets of 6 with 10 second negative
Spider curls
2-3 sets of 10-12

Legs
Deadlifts or squats
3x 8-12
Jumping lunges
3x20

XTerminatorX

Awards
That makes more sence. Haha. I might give your routine a go and see how it goes. One thing id suggest for legs is to do lunges first to warm them up and then do squats. id also repace hamstring curls with straight legged deadlifts.

I designed my routine using as many compound movements as i could. It looks like this

Back
Wide grip chins or lat pulldowns
4 sets x 12
Bent over rows
4 sets of 8-10

Chest
Incline Db press>db shugs
4 sets 8-10
Flat db press or leaning dips (dips are also counted as as a tri exersise if done)
4 sets 8-10

Shoulders
Seated db press
4 sets 6-10
Upright rows > bent over laterals
4 sets 8-12

Tris
Dips (more tri orintated if i did not do dips for chest)
10-15
lying tricep extension>closegrip benchpess
8-10

Bi's
Underhand Chinups
2 sets of 10
2 sets of 6 with 10 second negative
Spider curls
2-3 sets of 10-12

Legs
Deadlifts or squats
3x 8-12
Jumping lunges
3x20
That looks good & I change up how I do the workout say on Monday I start with chest so Wed ill start with triceps then Fri biceps then the next week just continue down the list until I get to legs & then I work my way back up the list Mon legs Wed back Fri traps & so on...

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
That looks good & I change up how I do the workout say on Monday I start with chest so Wed ill start with triceps then Fri biceps then the next week just continue down the list until I get to legs & then I work my way back up the list Mon legs Wed back Fri traps & so on...
If you want to change up which exercise you are starting with I would recommend alternating between the larger muscle groups and always saving arms for last. You wont be able to bench or OHP as much if your tris are already fried, same goes for the back if your biceps are burnt.

XTerminatorX

Awards
If you want to change up which exercise you are starting with I would recommend alternating between the larger muscle groups and always saving arms for last. You wont be able to bench or OHP as much if your tris are already fried, same goes for the back if your biceps are burnt.
I had not thought of that ill try to remember that for Wed

XTerminatorX

Awards
Just wanted to post my cardio for the day 15 minute run intervals then 5 minute jump rope

XTerminatorX

Awards
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm sore as f*ck today & well mainly in my arms but hopefully after i hit the gym my arms & chest will feel better

XTerminatorX

Awards
Went to gym yesterday & well I now know why I didn't make any ****ing gains in highschool I would talk in between ever set well now I know never try to lift with a highschool kid bc they just aren't as serious as they need to be & yes yesterday I lifted with a highschooler who says he wants to get big but tlks to damn much smh

XTerminatorX

Awards
Hey guys haven't been on in awhile just want to update...I am.continuing to make gains dnt have much time now but will due a further update later

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure on your lifting experience, but have u seen bill starrs 5x5 routine? I can guarantee better gains with something like that over this. Its basically bench, row, and squat on monday and friday. and your wednesday workout is military press, weighted chin ups (or pull downs) and deadlifts. if you need to, you can throw in 3 sets of arms on fridays workout. this way it hits all of the big compound lifts that will yield the biggest gains so u can progress quickly while not holding yourself back wasting time on the smaller lifts.