I need advice. Badly!!! Please read. if u r in a hurry read just d numbered questions

Iceberg99

Awards
hi, i'm a 20 year old boy: 5'9" 131.34 lbs or 59.something kg. I am on my summer break and i really really want to bulk up to about 70kg.

I've wasted so many hours on research into this that now i'm more confused then ever so i need outside perspective from other ppl who have done/are doing this successfully.

I work out 3 times a week and i follow this "universal body building training program" pdf i found online. it seemed awesome at first, now i'm not sure: I've been eating a lot, mostly protein and kinda started to shun away all forms of carbs and fats and stuff that is not protein.(is that a mistake?) My routine:

Monday: 7-8am football evening half hour strength training (heavier weights 12 reps 1 set)
tuesday: same time football ---
wednesday: football evening gym
thursday: football ---
friday: football gym
saturday: football ---
sunday: rest

1) Is this too ambitious? if not please tell me how i need to support all this through the right nutrition? cuz otherwise the rest of my day is low-moderate physical activity and i'm ready to modify the rest of my day/week to suite this!
2) For bulking up, what is needed more: protein or calories? Google drove me crazy trying to answer this question.
3) Anything else relevant or helpful?

Please note: gym activity is basically same exercises 3 times a week and changes every week to concentrate on diff sets of muscles.
4) is this the right approach?
5) how helpfull will it be if i sacrifice football for however much basic running(cardio)? i mean like how much muscle mass can i gain with VS without football?

I realize these are a lot of questions but i really need this info cuz these 2-3 months is the only time i'll get to indulge in things i really want to do: mainly NOT STUDYING and i really want to make the most of my time.

if u cant/dont want to answer all my questions please answer any that u can strongly advise me about. divide and conquer. anything will help.

Thanks a lot..

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
buy the book 5/3/1 for football.

and eat more fat. do not avoid it. it is good for you.

use carbs for post workout.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your only 131 lbs bro eat man at 5'9 with all that running around with football you should be eating a ton of food specially at 20 and look into the 5x5. Training for strength

Iceberg99

Awards
Your only 131 lbs bro eat man at 5'9 with all that running around with football you should be eating a ton of food specially at 20 and look into the 5x5. Training for strength
Food is good. Got it. thanks

Colby

Colby

Awards
Eat big+lift big+sleep big(big emphasis on this)=get big

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
hi, i'm a 20 year old boy: 5'9" 131.34 lbs or 59.something kg. I am on my summer break and i really really want to bulk up to about 70kg.

I've wasted so many hours on research into this that now i'm more confused then ever so i need outside perspective from other ppl who have done/are doing this successfully.

I work out 3 times a week and i follow this "universal body building training program" pdf i found online. it seemed awesome at first, now i'm not sure: I've been eating a lot, mostly protein and kinda started to shun away all forms of carbs and fats and stuff that is not protein.(is that a mistake?) My routine:

Monday: 7-8am football evening half hour strength training (heavier weights 12 reps 1 set)
tuesday: same time football ---
wednesday: football evening gym
thursday: football ---
friday: football gym
saturday: football ---
sunday: rest

1) Is this too ambitious? if not please tell me how i need to support all this through the right nutrition? cuz otherwise the rest of my day is low-moderate physical activity and i'm ready to modify the rest of my day/week to suite this!
2) For bulking up, what is needed more: protein or calories? Google drove me crazy trying to answer this question.
3) Anything else relevant or helpful?

Please note: gym activity is basically same exercises 3 times a week and changes every week to concentrate on diff sets of muscles.
4) is this the right approach?
5) how helpfull will it be if i sacrifice football for however much basic running(cardio)? i mean like how much muscle mass can i gain with VS without football?

I realize these are a lot of questions but i really need this info cuz these 2-3 months is the only time i'll get to indulge in things i really want to do: mainly NOT STUDYING and i really want to make the most of my time.

if u cant/dont want to answer all my questions please answer any that u can strongly advise me about. divide and conquer. anything will help.

Thanks a lot..
Alright man lets see if i can help. Fat is great for test production so dont shun fat just keep it good fats like avacados nuts peanut butter evoo etc. As for carbs they are your primary source of energy especially for something like football. If you get rid of carbs then your body will go after fat and protein for energy and then your body wont be able to have as much protein for repairing and building muscle so all macronutrients are important for building muscle. Now that we have that covered lets talk about your weight lifting program. You really want to focus on compound exercises to build more mass, such lifts consist of deadlifts, squats, bench press, overhead press, pull-ups, dips, bent over barbell rows etc. Look into starting strength or a 5x5 workout as previously stated, its all about finding what your body responds best to as no two people are exactly alike. Sleep is equally important because that is when your body recovers and builds so make sure your nights have a minimum of 6-8 hours of sleep. With football your going to burn alot of calories i would try to just see how many calories it takes to gain 1 lb a week and go from there. It could be 2600 calories it could be 5000 calories you will have to play with your diet to find that out. Hope this helps

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
My thoughts precisely , even I just bulked up to heavier weight than him and I'm 5'5" :p .

Kiddo we already gave you advice , drop the cardio (football) and eat more , or keep it the same shcedule but eat WAY MORE...I even broke down kCals and Macros for you...what else do you wanna hear? No supplement gets you there...specially at your weight and knowledge level for training. Eat big , train big , sleep big , that gets you big , no other answer.

Anything else you need answered?

Iceberg99

Awards
Lol man, u speak ur mind. I got pretty much all my questions answered but if u want answer me this, how do we measure progress? that probably sounds stupid cuz we just have to check weight and all that yeah i know the rudimentary answers.

What i mean is how do i know that my routine is effective or not? like what is the usual weekly weight gain for an effective routine followed? if u dont mind posting ur email, i can send u the pdf i follow.

it seemed really authentic before, but now after one and a half weeks, i'm losing confidence in it. but the frustrating part is, thats what they say, "U have to follow our routine to a T, all the way through, for a perfect all round improvement" i dont wanna quit after starting this, unless i get evidence that this is another scam. yeah so...

apart from that...this has been hugely helpful thanks a lot!!

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Lol man, u speak ur mind. I got pretty much all my questions answered but if u want answer me this, how do we measure progress? that probably sounds stupid cuz we just have to check weight and all that yeah i know the rudimentary answers.

What i mean is how do i know that my routine is effective or not? like what is the usual weekly weight gain for an effective routine followed? if u dont mind posting ur email, i can send u the pdf i follow.

it seemed really authentic before, but now after one and a half weeks, i'm losing confidence in it. but the frustrating part is, thats what they say, "U have to follow our routine to a T, all the way through, for a perfect all round improvement" i dont wanna quit after starting this, unless i get evidence that this is another scam. yeah so...

apart from that...this has been hugely helpful thanks a lot!!
Your not going to see a huge difference or even a slight difference for that matter in only 1 week. Having a admirable body takes years for some. Ther is no quick fix. As for what program you should do would be up to how your body reacts to that stimuli what works for me wont work for you so youll probly have to try a few out to see what your body likes more. Spend a good 6-10 weeks before you switch programs and write down your progress thats the only way to know if its working

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't complicate it dude. Eat, Sleep, workout and recover. It's that easy! Don't get offended when these knuckleheads in here come at you. Working out is easy dude. getting big is easy it just takes time. Like live to lift said one of the best things you can do is track your progress make sure you're always going up in weight or reps.

I personally don't like carrying around a notebook so i have a program on my smart phone (Jefit). Check it out. Don't bounce around stick to the compound lifts with a couple accessory lifts if you feel you need them. I'm in agreement again with LTL don't keep trying new routines stick with it for a while to guage your progress.

You're on an internet forum, remember that. Take advice and learn but ultimately you have to do what works best for you. Anyone can be huge behind a keyboard.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Don't complicate it dude. Eat, Sleep, workout and recover. It's that easy! Don't get offended when these knuckleheads in here come at you. Working out is easy dude. getting big is easy it just takes time. Like live to lift said one of the best things you can do is track your progress make sure you're always going up in weight or reps.

I personally don't like carrying around a notebook so i have a program on my smart phone (Jefit). Check it out. Don't bounce around stick to the compound lifts with a couple accessory lifts if you feel you need them. I'm in agreement again with LTL don't keep trying new routines stick with it for a while to guage your progress.

You're on an internet forum, remember that. Take advice and learn but ultimately you have to do what works best for you. Anyone can be huge behind a keyboard.
Dude im callin myself LTL from now on good shiZt lol jefit is a great app used it myself for a while i just now always carry a comp book.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude im callin myself LTL from now on good shiZt lol jefit is a great app used it myself for a while i just now always carry a comp book.
You can borrow it, no prob. I got you bro! A comp book??? WTF? Like a tablet or some sh1t?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
You can borrow it, no prob. I got you bro! A comp book??? WTF? Like a tablet or some sh1t?
U know those black and white speckled books you probably used in some english and grammer class somewhere lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stfu! You'd rather carry that than your smart phone? I like you man but you're crazy lol

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Stfu! You'd rather carry that than your smart phone? I like you man but you're crazy lol
Lol for sure idk why man but i have like 6 comp books full of programs lol pluss when was the last time you hit someone in the head with a smart phone? It doesnt hurt very much and if you have a phone like mine itll cost you 400 bucks. Now when was the last time you hit someone in the head with a comp book? Hurts twice as bad and you only lose about 30 cents lol plus your getting hit with a book full on knowledge soo much irony lol idk bro i feel like a warrior/caveman when i write in a comp book

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol for sure idk why man but i have like 6 comp books full of programs lol pluss when was the last time you hit someone in the head with a smart phone? It doesnt hurt very much and if you have a phone like mine itll cost you 400 bucks. Now when was the last time you hit someone in the head with a comp book? Hurts twice as bad and you only lose about 30 cents lol plus your getting hit with a book full on knowledge soo much irony lol idk bro i feel like a warrior/caveman when i write in a comp book
Jack as$: )... Lol!

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
How bout u stop confusing yourself an buy some steakodrol, carboplex, anafat, protein P, calor-stanzol, epifood, and some liquid milkifen.

Yea im startin this again