Triceps are underdeveloped

ForAnAngel

Awards
Hey all!

I've been killin it at the gym consistently for a few months now, but keep running into problems with chest and triceps. I've switched routines many times and even have added one day a weak working on my weak points. I eat well, supplement well, and work hard. I just want to know what your advice would be to focus on tris. What's your favorite workout, how often you hit it, and how can I push myself over this annoying situation.

Also, My biceps are 5 percent body fat and tris are 11 percent. WTFFFFF!!!!!!

Thank you.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Try the big movement like close grip bench and French presses. Those are your builders. Whereas you triceps cable extensions are more of a shaping movements, also try skull crushers. Focus on the stretching part of the movement and stretch between sets. I also finish with a high rep movement to push blood in there to really emphasize the benefits of the stretching.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me. I liked hitting the smith machine for some close grip bench. Then Skullcrushers then dips until I couldnt dip no more

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Try the big movement like close grip bench and French presses. Those are your builders. Whereas you triceps cable extensions are more of a shaping movements, also try skull crushers. Focus on the stretching part of the movement and stretch between sets. I also finish with a high rep movement to push blood in there to really emphasize the benefits of the stretching.
Arent french press and skullcrushers the same?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
if volume isn't doing the trick, try dc or something high intensity.

I just read Mike Mentzer's book and he used a quote about dynamite and a hammer. you can hit a stick of dynamite lightly over and over and it will not produce an explosion. whereas it would take only one very hard strike to produce an explosion.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Arent french press and skullcrushers the same?
I generally do French presses laying down and skull crushers standing or sitting up so I refer to them differently

ForAnAngel

Awards
if volume isn't doing the trick, try dc or something high intensity.

I just read Mike Mentzer's book and he used a quote about dynamite and a hammer. you can hit a stick of dynamite lightly over and over and it will not produce an explosion. whereas it would take only one very hard strike to produce an explosion.
I like it. I'll try going super heavy and then shape it once I'm satisfied.

ForAnAngel

Awards
Thanks for the input, I'll just try and continue to push through. I've stayed away from skull crushers since a really bad accident. Maybe I can start doing em again.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
for tris the best thing is superset and tri set... You need to "pump it up"

put 3 tri exercises toeghter and do them back to back to back

klint

klint

Awards
for tris the best thing is superset and tri set... You need to "pump it up"

put 3 tri exercises toeghter and do them back to back to back
X2 i do this after weighted dips and pull downs. great way to streach and pump. kills them lol

@57

Awards
i like to superset the tris as well.

french press are a favorite and i like to end with weighted dips.