Triceps are underdeveloped - AnabolicMinds.com

Triceps are underdeveloped

  1. New Member
    ForAnAngel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Triceps are underdeveloped


    Hey all!

    I've been killin it at the gym consistently for a few months now, but keep running into problems with chest and triceps. I've switched routines many times and even have added one day a weak working on my weak points. I eat well, supplement well, and work hard. I just want to know what your advice would be to focus on tris. What's your favorite workout, how often you hit it, and how can I push myself over this annoying situation.

    Also, My biceps are 5 percent body fat and tris are 11 percent. WTFFFFF!!!!!!

    Thank you.

  2. Senior Member
    BigRigg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    150942

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Try the big movement like close grip bench and French presses. Those are your builders. Whereas you triceps cable extensions are more of a shaping movements, also try skull crushers. Focus on the stretching part of the movement and stretch between sets. I also finish with a high rep movement to push blood in there to really emphasize the benefits of the stretching.
    Always willing to learn :D
  3. Professional Member
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,576
    Rep Power
    285445

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    For me. I liked hitting the smith machine for some close grip bench. Then Skullcrushers then dips until I couldnt dip no more

    RECOVERBRO


    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428707

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRigg View Post
    Try the big movement like close grip bench and French presses. Those are your builders. Whereas you triceps cable extensions are more of a shaping movements, also try skull crushers. Focus on the stretching part of the movement and stretch between sets. I also finish with a high rep movement to push blood in there to really emphasize the benefits of the stretching.
    Arent french press and skullcrushers the same?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    83748

    Reputation Reputation

    if volume isn't doing the trick, try dc or something high intensity.

    I just read Mike Mentzer's book and he used a quote about dynamite and a hammer. you can hit a stick of dynamite lightly over and over and it will not produce an explosion. whereas it would take only one very hard strike to produce an explosion.
  6. Senior Member
    BigRigg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    150942

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    Arent french press and skullcrushers the same?
    I generally do French presses laying down and skull crushers standing or sitting up so I refer to them differently
    Always willing to learn :D
  7. New Member
    ForAnAngel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    if volume isn't doing the trick, try dc or something high intensity.

    I just read Mike Mentzer's book and he used a quote about dynamite and a hammer. you can hit a stick of dynamite lightly over and over and it will not produce an explosion. whereas it would take only one very hard strike to produce an explosion.
    I like it. I'll try going super heavy and then shape it once I'm satisfied.
  8. New Member
    ForAnAngel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Thanks for the input, I'll just try and continue to push through. I've stayed away from skull crushers since a really bad accident. Maybe I can start doing em again.
  9. Banned
    Tboz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    for tris the best thing is superset and tri set... You need to "pump it up"

    put 3 tri exercises toeghter and do them back to back to back
  10. New Member
    klint's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    8150

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tboz View Post
    for tris the best thing is superset and tri set... You need to "pump it up"

    put 3 tri exercises toeghter and do them back to back to back
    X2 i do this after weighted dips and pull downs. great way to streach and pump. kills them lol
  11. @57
    New Member
    @57's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    62

    Reputation

    i like to superset the tris as well.

    french press are a favorite and i like to end with weighted dips.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. triceps
    By GETMASSIVE in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 07:20 PM
  2. deformed triceps
    By subxero173 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
  3. My triceps
    By repmks in forum Pics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
  4. The Triceps
    By steroidmonkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
  5. Outer Lower Chest Underdeveloped Question.
    By jws8118 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in