Stop training legs?

mdigregori

Awards
Hey everyone, I find that I have big legs when compared to my upper body. I want to gain my upper while losing size or just maintaining on my legs. I was wondering if I should just stop training legs all together and just do cardio to keep them lean

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I find that I have big legs when compared to my upper body. I want to gain my upper while losing size or just maintaining on my legs. I was wondering if I should just stop training legs all together and just do cardio to keep them lean
at least keep squats ... it is too much of an overall beneficial lift to not do it

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You still need to do some leg work. It may not be for hypertrophy, but doing some dynamic box squats, box jumps, and glute-ham raises should be enough to maintain for a short time.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Good problems to have

Just increase the ratio and volume of upper body to lower body lifts. Your upper body will want to catch up, and you need to keep lifting legs heavy to help keep GH and test high so your upper body will grow.

mdigregori

Awards
Good problems to have

Just increase the ratio and volume of upper body to lower body lifts. Your upper body will want to catch up, and you need to keep lifting legs heavy to help keep GH and test high so your upper body will grow.
So should I just like train legs every other week? I also play soccer and squash so I would think that just doing the cardio would keep my legs cut while I try and grow my upper