A Working Project

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

A Working Project

Ive recently gotten P90x and I'm hoping to finish the full 3 months training and see results. I want to have the motivation to complete this course and I feel as if I start recording my data on this thread I'll be more determined to actually complete P90x

I am 17. I weigh in at 225 lbs and I'm 5'8. I'm not sure what my body fat percentage. I understand that my age does take a part of this and I do expect some criticism on that but I am determined to do whatever it takes.

My goal is to be 210 lbs by next Month (June 20). I am starting tomorrow (May 15)

I was hoping for some helpful information that can help me get through this long trip. Any sort of help would assist me.

The type of things I definatly need help on is what type of protein supplement I should take and what certain foods I should eat and avoid. The way I see it is that if I maintain a 1200 calorie diet, everything should be fine. But I'm no professional at that type of thing so that's why I need some help. Here's my food schedule.

Breakfast - 6:00 AM
    Hard Boiled Eggs (3)
    Hot Tea
    Wheat Bread
    Cheese (Optional)

Snack - 8:00 AM (It's a Choice)
    Broccoli
    Celery
    Carrots
    Pecans

Lunch - 11:12 AM
    School Salad (There's different types of salads everyday, I will update ASAP)

Snack - 3:00
    Protein Supplement

Dinner - 8:00 PM
    Steamed Chicken (2-3) and/or Chicken Breast and/or Fish
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Jade Rice (1 Cup)

If there's any questions please don't be afraid to ask. I am here to learn and experience. Thank - You for being apart of this journey

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

You can do it man! I just finished this with my friend who was around 19% BF in December and now he is 12%!!! at 175 he thanks p90x for at least 5% of that
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Austinmck17
    You can do it man! I just finished this with my friend who was around 19% BF in December and now he is 12%!!! at 175 he thanks p90x for at least 5% of that
    Congratulation man, I hope I can complete this. Bet it was brutal haha. Any tips and advice you can throw out?
    •   

4. Registered User

Round l

Standard Push Ups - 30
    Wide Front Pull Ups - 5
    Military Push Ups - 17
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 6

Wide Fly Push Ups - 13
    Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups -5
    Decline Push Ups -8
    Heavy Pants - 15

Diamond Push Ups - 11
    Lawn Mowers - (L) 13 (R) 13
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 7
    Back Flys - 10

Round ll -

Wide Front Pull Ups - 3
    Standard Push Ups - 13
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 3
    Military Push Ups - 12

Close Grip Overhand Pull Up - 1 1/2
    Wide Fly Push Ups - 12
    Heavy Pants - 10
    Decline Push Ups - 5

Lawn Mowers - (L) 15 (R) 15
    Diamond Push Ups - 5
    Back Flys - 10
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 4

Note -
    Always have after by your side
    Do more pull ups next time

Overall great workout haha
  5. Registered User

Next week when I have the money I'm thinking about buying a pre-work out supplement, any recommendations? C4 is the choice for now
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TalofaMatai
    Next week when I have the money I'm thinking about buying a pre-work out supplement, any recommendations? C4 is the choice for now
    I would put it off until you feel you need it.

and 1,200 calories at 225 lbs does not seem sustainable to me.

you are stripping your options away for when fat loss stalls...you wont be able to lower calories.
    to lose body fat, you must eat enough that your body knows its fed/fueled....not starve yourself.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by carpee

I would put it off until you feel you need it.

and 1,200 calories at 225 lbs does not seem sustainable to me.

you are stripping your options away for when fat loss stalls...you wont be able to lower calories.
    to lose body fat, you must eat enough that your body knows its fed/fueled....not starve yourself.
    Hmm, it doesn't seem as if I am starving myself but if you say so I will listen. What would u recommend if you don't mind me asking?
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Yes I would say 1200 is way too low for your size..like mentioned previously you want to leave room to drop it down again when fat loss slows..try about 1800-2000 then drop it down periodically.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon
    Yes I would say 1200 is way too low for your size..like mentioned previously you want to leave room to drop it down again when fat loss slows..try about 1800-2000 then drop it down periodically.
    Appreciate the help. So within a month I should decrease it slightly correct?
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TalofaMatai View Post
    Appreciate the help. So within a month I should decrease it slightly correct?
    Ya probably about a month or once you stop noticing results
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Realistically, since we don't eat the same exact foods/calories daily - I like to cycle calories and carbs, consequently.

Example:
    Monday - 2,500 cals maybe with ~200 grams of carbs
    Tuesday - 2,300 cals ~ 150g carbs
    Wed - 2,700 cals
    Thursday - 2,000 cals
    Friday - Over 4,000 cals or just a high carb/low fat day, depending on body type
    etc.

These are just random numbers, so you will have to figure out what works for you. I just like to switch it up...if you have 3 days in a row of a substantial caloric deficit, I believe its a good idea to eat at or above maintenance on the 4th day. But switch it up. There's no right answer.
    At least once every 2 weeks I will have a free day and eat up all the stuff I've craved...this keeps the metabolism up and your mind has a break.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

drop the supplements until you learn to eat well enough. remember, supps are meant to enhance what you are doing, so if what you are doing is crap you are only adding crap.

read up on intermittent fasting, carb back loading, and try to find the book, why we get fat by gary taubes. that should get you started quite well.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  13. Registered User

Sorry for not updating this thread, something went wrong with my account and I couldn't log in all spray yesterday.

So I tried plyometrics and I can honestly say I enjoyed that workout. I obviously took breaks when I really had to but other then that it was a great workout
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by carpee
    Realistically, since we don't eat the same exact foods/calories daily - I like to cycle calories and carbs, consequently.

Example:
    Monday - 2,500 cals maybe with ~200 grams of carbs
    Tuesday - 2,300 cals ~ 150g carbs
    Wed - 2,700 cals
    Thursday - 2,000 cals
    Friday - Over 4,000 cals or just a high carb/low fat day, depending on body type
    etc.

These are just random numbers, so you will have to figure out what works for you. I just like to switch it up...if you have 3 days in a row of a substantial caloric deficit, I believe its a good idea to eat at or above maintenance on the 4th day. But switch it up. There's no right answer.
    At least once every 2 weeks I will have a free day and eat up all the stuff I've craved...this keeps the metabolism up and your mind has a break.
    Interesting I will do my research
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig
    drop the supplements until you learn to eat well enough. remember, supps are meant to enhance what you are doing, so if what you are doing is crap you are only adding crap.

read up on intermittent fasting, carb back loading, and try to find the book, why we get fat by gary taubes. that should get you started quite well.
    Hmm, I will attempt to either get the book or buy it. Sounds like an interesting book haha. Thank you for the tip
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I cut from 205 to 170 last year using P90X. Just stick with it and work on your diet and you'll reach your goals. Just make sure you don't get disheartened if your progress hits a bump. Push through plateaus and stay the course. Good luck!
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw
    I cut from 205 to 170 last year using P90X. Just stick with it and work on your diet and you'll reach your goals. Just make sure you don't get disheartened if your progress hits a bump. Push through plateaus and stay the course. Good luck!
    Wow, sounds like amazing results haha, and thank you very much. I just did Core Synergistic and after the workout I told my brother "I think I'm going to **** and puke myself" but I said it jokingly haha. After a little while though I felt pretty good, I'm not going to quit, my goal is to do 6 months of this, but my main goal right now is just to get through the first 3 months haha.

Any food tips you got for me?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

The most drastic change I made was cutting sodas, candy, and late night dinners. Most fast food is bad no matter what but I started gettin grilled chicken instead of triple bacon cheeseburger lol. Aside from that, I just slow down when I'm grocery shopping and read labels. I still eat what I like, but now I make sure and fix it in a healthy way. Example-I trimmed a ton of calories off my burger by gettin different buns, leaner beef, and less mayo.
  19. Registered User

The most drastic change I made was cutting sodas, candy, and late night dinners. Most fast food is bad no matter what but I started gettin grilled chicken instead of triple bacon cheeseburger lol. Aside from that, I just slow down when I'm grocery shopping and read labels. I still eat what I like, but now I make sure and fix it in a healthy way. Example-I trimmed a ton of calories off my burger by gettin different buns, leaner beef, and less mayo.
    I did the same. I'd say the hardest thing for me to quit was the late night dinners. I'm still struggling but little by little I'm doing better. And appreciate the help mate.
  20. Registered User

Just finished Cardio X. The yoga I would say was the hardest part haha. But I'll learn how to adapt to it. Everything else was also challenging but if I were to compare Cardio X and Plyometrics I would definatly say without a doubt Plyometrics would be the hardest and most beneficial out of them all.
  21. Registered User

Today I looked in the mirror and noticed a slight change, then I weighed myself and I lost 1 lb! I know it's not a lot but I was pretty excited to lose a pound haha.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Life is all about the little victories. Keep it up man.
  23. Registered User

Chest And Back

Round 1 -

Standard Push Ups - 30
    Wide Front Pull Ups - 4 1/2
    Military Push Ups - 21
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 5 1/2

Wide Fly Push Ups - 22
    Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 4
    Decline Push Ups - 11
    Heavy Pants - 15

Diamond Push Ups - 12
    Lawn Mowers - (L) 13 (R) 14
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 11
    Back Flys - 15

Round ll -

Standard Push Ups - 17
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 5
    Military Push Ups - 12 1/2

Close Grip Overhand Pull Up - 3
    Wide Fly Push Ups - 16
    Heavy Pants - 16
    Decline Push Ups - 9 1/2

Diamond Push Ups - 8
    Back Flys - 14
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 6

Notes-
    I haven't looked at my last weeks chest and back workout, I'm thinking I did less this week but I really pushed myself hard, especially the second round
    Still need more pull ups
    Next weeks goal is to do more then this week haha
  24. Registered User

So I looked back at my first week of chest and back and this week and I got some good news

I increased some of my pullups by 1/2 - 2 extra reps but I think there was 1 or 2 sets where I did 1/2 - 1 full rep less. Still progress though and I'm happy haha ( still aiming to do Robert though)

Better news is that most of my sets I did more this week then I did last week. The biggest one is the Wide Front Pushups I think it was where I did 13 last week and 22 this week. Everything else I'm doing an average of 1-5 reps more. Very happy to see that cause to me (and I'm pretty sure to you all too) I'm actually increasing my strength and muscle and it's great to see it haha.
  25. Registered User

So I looked back at my first week of chest and back and this week and I got some good news

I increased some of my pullups by 1/2 - 2 extra reps but I think there was 1 or 2 sets where I did 1/2 - 1 full rep less. Still progress though and I'm happy haha ( still aiming to do More though)

Better news is that most of my sets I did more this week then I did last week. The biggest one is the Wide Front Pushups I think it was where I did 13 last week and 22 this week. Everything else I'm doing an average of 1-5 reps more. Very happy to see that cause to me (and I'm pretty sure to you all too) I'm actually increasing my strength and muscle and it's great to see it haha.
    Didn't mean robert lol.. Auto correct got me :/
  26. Registered User

Just did plyometrics, felt like I did more then last week haha, loving it all so far, but for some reason I'm not dropping weight, and I did this for a week, any tips?
  27. Registered User

I now weigh 223 lbs and I sort of look like if lost SOME weight. Better then nothing haha, Amy tips anyone?
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I now weigh 223 lbs and I sort of look like if lost SOME weight. Better then nothing haha, Amy tips anyone?
    I guarantee others see the progress more than you. You see yourself every day so you don't notice, but your body is changing. It's a slow process but stay motivated and people will see it. You're doin great man just keep it up.
  29. Registered User

I guarantee others see the progress more than you. You see yourself every day so you don't notice, but your body is changing. It's a slow process but stay motivated and people will see it. You're doin great man just keep it up.
    I know I've heard of that somewhere haha, thank you man definatly needed it
  30. Registered User

Chest And Back -

Standard Push Ups - 36
    Wide Front Pull Ups - 6 1/2
    Military Push Ups - 20
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 4 1/2

Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
    Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 6
    Decline Push Ups - 14
    Heavy Pants - 16

Diamond Push Ups - 14
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 10
    Back Flys - 15

Round ll -

Standard Push Ups - 19
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 2 1/2
    Military Push Ups - 15

Close Grip Overhand Pull Up - 3 1/2
    Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
    Heavy Pants - 15
    Decline Push Ups - 11

Lawn Mowers - (L) 16 (R) 16
    Diamond Push Ups - 7
    Back Flys - 15
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 8

Note -
    Did 1 more pushup then last week, I think so, that makes me really happy haha
    I definatly know that I did some more reps in some workouts then I did last week
    Can't week for next week haha
  31. Registered User

I did plyometrics yesterday and I almost completed the whole thing without stopping so that made me really happy haha
    I did it again today with my girlfriend and had fun but she could barely catch up so it made me laugh haha. But i told her i didnt expect her to do great. Plus im not even great at ALL so i have no room to talk haha. She's going to do Chest and Back with me next week so it'll be really fun haha
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

That's awesome that she works out with you. Makes it a lot easier to stay motivated lol. My wife is pregnant so I'm on my own for workouts lol.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

keep the hard work coming bud!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Had to go with my wife today for maternity pictures and ended up gone so long I didn get to lift today. And I just finally got my routine structures last night lol. O well, make it up Saturday.
  35. Registered User

Had to go with my wife today for maternity pictures and ended up gone so long I didn get to lift today. And I just finally got my routine structures last night lol. O well, make it up Saturday.
    As long as you get the workout in you'll be fine haha, and in 3 weeks I lost 3 lbs. Better then nothing haha, went from 225 - 222, it's progress so I'm happy
  36. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by benmayro
    keep the hard work coming bud!
    Thank u appreciate it bro
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

As long as you get the workout in you'll be fine haha, and in 3 weeks I lost 3 lbs. Better then nothing haha, went from 225 - 222, it's progress so I'm happy
    Hell ya man, keep pushing it. I found something out tonight, look at yourself in the mirror after you've had 1 or 2 too many drinks. You'll look twice as ripped as you really are. It's awesome motivation. I'm freakin pumped for tomorrows workout now lol.
  38. Registered User

Woah really that sounds awesome haha I'll give it a try but bro I got some good news haha

I weighed myself this morning, 5 minutes ago and now I weigh 221.3 lbs! I was totally tired before I did it and I didn't even plan to weigh myself but I did anyways and as soon as I did I had a spark of energy haha. I was so stoked! Lost 4lbs! I just hope it'll melt off like this everyday haha
  39. Registered User

BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====

Chest And Back -

Standard Push Ups - 36
    Military Push Ups - 20
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 4 1/2

Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
    Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 6
    Decline Push Ups - 14
    Heavy Pants - 16

Diamond Push Ups - 14
    Back Flys - 15

Round ll -

Standard Push Ups - 19
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 2 1/2
    Military Push Ups - 15

Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
    Heavy Pants - 15
    Decline Push Ups - 11

Lawn Mowers - (L) 16 (R) 16
    Diamond Push Ups - 7
    Back Flys - 15
    Dive Bombers Push Ups - 8

BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====

AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====AFTER ====AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====

Chest And Back - BEGIN NOW

Standard Push Ups - 40
    Military Push Ups - 21
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 5

Wide Fly Push Ups - 25
    Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 4
    Decline Push Ups - 15
    Heavy Pants - 16

Diamond Push Ups - 16 1/2
    Back Flys - 16

Round ll -

Wide Front Pull Ups - 3
    Standard Push Ups - 23
    Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 4
    Military Push Ups - 16

Wide Fly Push Ups - 21
    Heavy Pants - 16
    Decline Push Ups - 12

Diamond Push Ups - 8
    Back Flys - 15

AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====AFTER ====AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====
  40. Registered User

Notes -
    For my chest workout I decided to compare last weeks chest workout and this weeks chest workout so it be easier for you and I to compare them both. I'm hoping I didn't confuse anyone with it and if you didn't like it just let me know so I'll stop haha.

Anyways, I felt amazing this workout. I actually pumped out 40 pushups and I was excited when I did haha. It was such a great feeling to know I did a couple more reps then last week. And it helped me push myself more when I looked back at last weeks chest and back workout because I just pushed myself more.

Overall i am very happy and I can't wait for next week!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. M.A.S.S. Project NX6
    By ptsjones in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 10:14 PM
  2. AMS Project #5
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
  3. My Ark Project
    By NiteHawk in forum General Chat