A Working Project

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Ive recently gotten P90x and I'm hoping to finish the full 3 months training and see results. I want to have the motivation to complete this course and I feel as if I start recording my data on this thread I'll be more determined to actually complete P90x

I am 17. I weigh in at 225 lbs and I'm 5'8. I'm not sure what my body fat percentage. I understand that my age does take a part of this and I do expect some criticism on that but I am determined to do whatever it takes.

My goal is to be 210 lbs by next Month (June 20). I am starting tomorrow (May 15)

I was hoping for some helpful information that can help me get through this long trip. Any sort of help would assist me.

The type of things I definatly need help on is what type of protein supplement I should take and what certain foods I should eat and avoid. The way I see it is that if I maintain a 1200 calorie diet, everything should be fine. But I'm no professional at that type of thing so that's why I need some help. Here's my food schedule.

Breakfast - 6:00 AM
Hard Boiled Eggs (3)
Hot Tea
Wheat Bread
Cheese (Optional)

Snack - 8:00 AM (It's a Choice)
Broccoli
Celery
Carrots
Pecans

Lunch - 11:12 AM
School Salad (There's different types of salads everyday, I will update ASAP)

Snack - 3:00
Protein Supplement

Dinner - 8:00 PM
Steamed Chicken (2-3) and/or Chicken Breast and/or Fish
Hard Boiled Eggs
Jade Rice (1 Cup)

If there's any questions please don't be afraid to ask. I am here to learn and experience. Thank - You for being apart of this journey

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
You can do it man! I just finished this with my friend who was around 19% BF in December and now he is 12%!!! at 175 he thanks p90x for at least 5% of that

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
You can do it man! I just finished this with my friend who was around 19% BF in December and now he is 12%!!! at 175 he thanks p90x for at least 5% of that
Congratulation man, I hope I can complete this. Bet it was brutal haha. Any tips and advice you can throw out?

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Round l

Standard Push Ups - 30
Wide Front Pull Ups - 5
Military Push Ups - 17
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 6

Wide Fly Push Ups - 13
Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups -5
Decline Push Ups -8
Heavy Pants - 15

Diamond Push Ups - 11
Lawn Mowers - (L) 13 (R) 13
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 7
Back Flys - 10

Round ll -

Wide Front Pull Ups - 3
Standard Push Ups - 13
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 3
Military Push Ups - 12

Close Grip Overhand Pull Up - 1 1/2
Wide Fly Push Ups - 12
Heavy Pants - 10
Decline Push Ups - 5

Lawn Mowers - (L) 15 (R) 15
Diamond Push Ups - 5
Back Flys - 10
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 4

Note -
Always have after by your side
Do more pull ups next time

Overall great workout haha

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Next week when I have the money I'm thinking about buying a pre-work out supplement, any recommendations? C4 is the choice for now

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Next week when I have the money I'm thinking about buying a pre-work out supplement, any recommendations? C4 is the choice for now
I would put it off until you feel you need it.

and 1,200 calories at 225 lbs does not seem sustainable to me.

you are stripping your options away for when fat loss stalls...you wont be able to lower calories.
to lose body fat, you must eat enough that your body knows its fed/fueled....not starve yourself.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
I would put it off until you feel you need it.

and 1,200 calories at 225 lbs does not seem sustainable to me.

you are stripping your options away for when fat loss stalls...you wont be able to lower calories.
to lose body fat, you must eat enough that your body knows its fed/fueled....not starve yourself.
Hmm, it doesn't seem as if I am starving myself but if you say so I will listen. What would u recommend if you don't mind me asking?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Yes I would say 1200 is way too low for your size..like mentioned previously you want to leave room to drop it down again when fat loss slows..try about 1800-2000 then drop it down periodically.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Yes I would say 1200 is way too low for your size..like mentioned previously you want to leave room to drop it down again when fat loss slows..try about 1800-2000 then drop it down periodically.
Appreciate the help. So within a month I should decrease it slightly correct?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Appreciate the help. So within a month I should decrease it slightly correct?
Ya probably about a month or once you stop noticing results

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Realistically, since we don't eat the same exact foods/calories daily - I like to cycle calories and carbs, consequently.

Example:
Monday - 2,500 cals maybe with ~200 grams of carbs
Tuesday - 2,300 cals ~ 150g carbs
Wed - 2,700 cals
Thursday - 2,000 cals
Friday - Over 4,000 cals or just a high carb/low fat day, depending on body type
etc.

These are just random numbers, so you will have to figure out what works for you. I just like to switch it up...if you have 3 days in a row of a substantial caloric deficit, I believe its a good idea to eat at or above maintenance on the 4th day. But switch it up. There's no right answer.
At least once every 2 weeks I will have a free day and eat up all the stuff I've craved...this keeps the metabolism up and your mind has a break.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
drop the supplements until you learn to eat well enough. remember, supps are meant to enhance what you are doing, so if what you are doing is crap you are only adding crap.

read up on intermittent fasting, carb back loading, and try to find the book, why we get fat by gary taubes. that should get you started quite well.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Sorry for not updating this thread, something went wrong with my account and I couldn't log in all spray yesterday.

So I tried plyometrics and I can honestly say I enjoyed that workout. I obviously took breaks when I really had to but other then that it was a great workout

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Realistically, since we don't eat the same exact foods/calories daily - I like to cycle calories and carbs, consequently.

Example:
Monday - 2,500 cals maybe with ~200 grams of carbs
Tuesday - 2,300 cals ~ 150g carbs
Wed - 2,700 cals
Thursday - 2,000 cals
Friday - Over 4,000 cals or just a high carb/low fat day, depending on body type
etc.

These are just random numbers, so you will have to figure out what works for you. I just like to switch it up...if you have 3 days in a row of a substantial caloric deficit, I believe its a good idea to eat at or above maintenance on the 4th day. But switch it up. There's no right answer.
At least once every 2 weeks I will have a free day and eat up all the stuff I've craved...this keeps the metabolism up and your mind has a break.
Interesting I will do my research

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
drop the supplements until you learn to eat well enough. remember, supps are meant to enhance what you are doing, so if what you are doing is crap you are only adding crap.

read up on intermittent fasting, carb back loading, and try to find the book, why we get fat by gary taubes. that should get you started quite well.
Hmm, I will attempt to either get the book or buy it. Sounds like an interesting book haha. Thank you for the tip

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I cut from 205 to 170 last year using P90X. Just stick with it and work on your diet and you'll reach your goals. Just make sure you don't get disheartened if your progress hits a bump. Push through plateaus and stay the course. Good luck!

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
I cut from 205 to 170 last year using P90X. Just stick with it and work on your diet and you'll reach your goals. Just make sure you don't get disheartened if your progress hits a bump. Push through plateaus and stay the course. Good luck!
Wow, sounds like amazing results haha, and thank you very much. I just did Core Synergistic and after the workout I told my brother "I think I'm going to **** and puke myself" but I said it jokingly haha. After a little while though I felt pretty good, I'm not going to quit, my goal is to do 6 months of this, but my main goal right now is just to get through the first 3 months haha.

Any food tips you got for me?

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
The most drastic change I made was cutting sodas, candy, and late night dinners. Most fast food is bad no matter what but I started gettin grilled chicken instead of triple bacon cheeseburger lol. Aside from that, I just slow down when I'm grocery shopping and read labels. I still eat what I like, but now I make sure and fix it in a healthy way. Example-I trimmed a ton of calories off my burger by gettin different buns, leaner beef, and less mayo.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
The most drastic change I made was cutting sodas, candy, and late night dinners. Most fast food is bad no matter what but I started gettin grilled chicken instead of triple bacon cheeseburger lol. Aside from that, I just slow down when I'm grocery shopping and read labels. I still eat what I like, but now I make sure and fix it in a healthy way. Example-I trimmed a ton of calories off my burger by gettin different buns, leaner beef, and less mayo.
I did the same. I'd say the hardest thing for me to quit was the late night dinners. I'm still struggling but little by little I'm doing better. And appreciate the help mate.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Just finished Cardio X. The yoga I would say was the hardest part haha. But I'll learn how to adapt to it. Everything else was also challenging but if I were to compare Cardio X and Plyometrics I would definatly say without a doubt Plyometrics would be the hardest and most beneficial out of them all.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Today I looked in the mirror and noticed a slight change, then I weighed myself and I lost 1 lb! I know it's not a lot but I was pretty excited to lose a pound haha.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Life is all about the little victories. Keep it up man.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Chest And Back

Round 1 -

Standard Push Ups - 30
Wide Front Pull Ups - 4 1/2
Military Push Ups - 21
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 5 1/2

Wide Fly Push Ups - 22
Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 4
Decline Push Ups - 11
Heavy Pants - 15

Diamond Push Ups - 12
Lawn Mowers - (L) 13 (R) 14
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 11
Back Flys - 15

Round ll -

Standard Push Ups - 17
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 5
Military Push Ups - 12 1/2

Close Grip Overhand Pull Up - 3
Wide Fly Push Ups - 16
Heavy Pants - 16
Decline Push Ups - 9 1/2

Diamond Push Ups - 8
Back Flys - 14
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 6

Notes-
I haven't looked at my last weeks chest and back workout, I'm thinking I did less this week but I really pushed myself hard, especially the second round
Still need more pull ups
Next weeks goal is to do more then this week haha

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
So I looked back at my first week of chest and back and this week and I got some good news

I increased some of my pullups by 1/2 - 2 extra reps but I think there was 1 or 2 sets where I did 1/2 - 1 full rep less. Still progress though and I'm happy haha ( still aiming to do Robert though)

Better news is that most of my sets I did more this week then I did last week. The biggest one is the Wide Front Pushups I think it was where I did 13 last week and 22 this week. Everything else I'm doing an average of 1-5 reps more. Very happy to see that cause to me (and I'm pretty sure to you all too) I'm actually increasing my strength and muscle and it's great to see it haha.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
So I looked back at my first week of chest and back and this week and I got some good news

I increased some of my pullups by 1/2 - 2 extra reps but I think there was 1 or 2 sets where I did 1/2 - 1 full rep less. Still progress though and I'm happy haha ( still aiming to do More though)

Better news is that most of my sets I did more this week then I did last week. The biggest one is the Wide Front Pushups I think it was where I did 13 last week and 22 this week. Everything else I'm doing an average of 1-5 reps more. Very happy to see that cause to me (and I'm pretty sure to you all too) I'm actually increasing my strength and muscle and it's great to see it haha.
Didn't mean robert lol.. Auto correct got me :/

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Just did plyometrics, felt like I did more then last week haha, loving it all so far, but for some reason I'm not dropping weight, and I did this for a week, any tips?

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
I now weigh 223 lbs and I sort of look like if lost SOME weight. Better then nothing haha, Amy tips anyone?

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I now weigh 223 lbs and I sort of look like if lost SOME weight. Better then nothing haha, Amy tips anyone?
I guarantee others see the progress more than you. You see yourself every day so you don't notice, but your body is changing. It's a slow process but stay motivated and people will see it. You're doin great man just keep it up.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
I guarantee others see the progress more than you. You see yourself every day so you don't notice, but your body is changing. It's a slow process but stay motivated and people will see it. You're doin great man just keep it up.
I know I've heard of that somewhere haha, thank you man definatly needed it

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Chest And Back -

Standard Push Ups - 36
Wide Front Pull Ups - 6 1/2
Military Push Ups - 20
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 4 1/2

Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 6
Decline Push Ups - 14
Heavy Pants - 16

Diamond Push Ups - 14
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 10
Back Flys - 15

Round ll -

Standard Push Ups - 19
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 2 1/2
Military Push Ups - 15

Close Grip Overhand Pull Up - 3 1/2
Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
Heavy Pants - 15
Decline Push Ups - 11

Lawn Mowers - (L) 16 (R) 16
Diamond Push Ups - 7
Back Flys - 15
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 8

Note -
Did 1 more pushup then last week, I think so, that makes me really happy haha
I definatly know that I did some more reps in some workouts then I did last week
Can't week for next week haha

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
I did plyometrics yesterday and I almost completed the whole thing without stopping so that made me really happy haha
I did it again today with my girlfriend and had fun but she could barely catch up so it made me laugh haha. But i told her i didnt expect her to do great. Plus im not even great at ALL so i have no room to talk haha. She's going to do Chest and Back with me next week so it'll be really fun haha

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
That's awesome that she works out with you. Makes it a lot easier to stay motivated lol. My wife is pregnant so I'm on my own for workouts lol.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
keep the hard work coming bud!

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Had to go with my wife today for maternity pictures and ended up gone so long I didn get to lift today. And I just finally got my routine structures last night lol. O well, make it up Saturday.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Had to go with my wife today for maternity pictures and ended up gone so long I didn get to lift today. And I just finally got my routine structures last night lol. O well, make it up Saturday.
As long as you get the workout in you'll be fine haha, and in 3 weeks I lost 3 lbs. Better then nothing haha, went from 225 - 222, it's progress so I'm happy

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
As long as you get the workout in you'll be fine haha, and in 3 weeks I lost 3 lbs. Better then nothing haha, went from 225 - 222, it's progress so I'm happy
Hell ya man, keep pushing it. I found something out tonight, look at yourself in the mirror after you've had 1 or 2 too many drinks. You'll look twice as ripped as you really are. It's awesome motivation. I'm freakin pumped for tomorrows workout now lol.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Woah really that sounds awesome haha I'll give it a try but bro I got some good news haha

I weighed myself this morning, 5 minutes ago and now I weigh 221.3 lbs! I was totally tired before I did it and I didn't even plan to weigh myself but I did anyways and as soon as I did I had a spark of energy haha. I was so stoked! Lost 4lbs! I just hope it'll melt off like this everyday haha

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====

Chest And Back -

Standard Push Ups - 36
Military Push Ups - 20
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 4 1/2

Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 6
Decline Push Ups - 14
Heavy Pants - 16

Diamond Push Ups - 14
Back Flys - 15

Round ll -

Standard Push Ups - 19
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 2 1/2
Military Push Ups - 15

Wide Fly Push Ups - 20
Heavy Pants - 15
Decline Push Ups - 11

Lawn Mowers - (L) 16 (R) 16
Diamond Push Ups - 7
Back Flys - 15
Dive Bombers Push Ups - 8

BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ====BEFORE ==== BEFORE ==== BEFORE ====

AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====AFTER ====AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====

Chest And Back - BEGIN NOW

Standard Push Ups - 40
Military Push Ups - 21
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 5

Wide Fly Push Ups - 25
Close Grip Overhand Pull Ups - 4
Decline Push Ups - 15
Heavy Pants - 16

Diamond Push Ups - 16 1/2
Back Flys - 16

Round ll -

Wide Front Pull Ups - 3
Standard Push Ups - 23
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - 4
Military Push Ups - 16

Wide Fly Push Ups - 21
Heavy Pants - 16
Decline Push Ups - 12

Diamond Push Ups - 8
Back Flys - 15

AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====AFTER ====AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ==== AFTER ====

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Notes -
For my chest workout I decided to compare last weeks chest workout and this weeks chest workout so it be easier for you and I to compare them both. I'm hoping I didn't confuse anyone with it and if you didn't like it just let me know so I'll stop haha.

Anyways, I felt amazing this workout. I actually pumped out 40 pushups and I was excited when I did haha. It was such a great feeling to know I did a couple more reps then last week. And it helped me push myself more when I looked back at last weeks chest and back workout because I just pushed myself more.

Overall i am very happy and I can't wait for next week!

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Notes -
For my chest workout I decided to compare last weeks chest workout and this weeks chest workout so it be easier for you and I to compare them both. I'm hoping I didn't confuse anyone with it and if you didn't like it just let me know so I'll stop haha.

Anyways, I felt amazing this workout. I actually pumped out 40 pushups and I was excited when I did haha. It was such a great feeling to know I did a couple more reps then last week. And it helped me push myself more when I looked back at last weeks chest and back workout because I just pushed myself more.

Overall i am very happy and I can't wait for next week!
Great job. Making it a competition, even if it's with your own numbers, is a great way to improve. I had a bet going with a friend at AIT about who could do the most pushups every week and by the time we graduated we could both do 80 in 2 minutes. Having the extra drive of something or someone to beat can make the training more fun and more rewarding.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Great job. Making it a competition, even if it's with your own numbers, is a great way to improve. I had a bet going with a friend at AIT about who could do the most pushups every week and by the time we graduated we could both do 80 in 2 minutes. Having the extra drive of something or someone to beat can make the training more fun and more rewarding.
Thanks man haha. And thats what I was going for, trying to have a competition with myself which does help and drives me to doing more

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Just finished core synergistic. Felt so worn out doing it haha. Feel like I lost more energy when I flexed the core but that's the whole objective I'm guessing haha.

Overall I am progressing and I did figure out I weigh 221.8 today so that make me really happy. Three more workouts tell I'm completely done with my first month. I really can't wait tell the beginning of the second month because thats the month I push myself to the limit. Especially because it's summertime now so I have no excuse for doing projects or homework in school haha.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
I haven't reported back in a couple of days but that is because family came over
But today is the beginning of my second month of p90x and I am ready to do p90x doubles.
It's basically the classic p90x schedule but with Cardio X in the morning. What inspired me to do this is that I was watching a movie called "Troy." they all trained so hard to become one of the greatest warriors and live another day after just winning a battle. I'm thinking of myself as a Spartan training hard for war. Just felt like sharing that with everyone haha

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I haven't reported back in a couple of days but that is because family came over
But today is the beginning of my second month of p90x and I am ready to do p90x doubles.
It's basically the classic p90x schedule but with Cardio X in the morning. What inspired me to do this is that I was watching a movie called "Troy." they all trained so hard to become one of the greatest warriors and live another day after just winning a battle. I'm thinking of myself as a Spartan training hard for war. Just felt like sharing that with everyone haha
That's the perfect mindset to have, where the mind goes the body will follow. I have a whole collection of movies like that that motivate me. I watch one every couple days. A friend of mine did one of those "body transformation" challenges once and watched 300 nearly every day, and on the last day he came running into his house dressed up as King Leonidas. I thought his wife was gonna pee her pants she was laughing so hard but it was a great way to show everyone he reached his goals. He still has a picture from that night hanging in his home gym.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
That's the perfect mindset to have, where the mind goes the body will follow. I have a whole collection of movies like that that motivate me. I watch one every couple days. A friend of mine did one of those "body transformation" challenges once and watched 300 nearly every day, and on the last day he came running into his house dressed up as King Leonidas. I thought his wife was gonna pee her pants she was laughing so hard but it was a great way to show everyone he reached his goals. He still has a picture from that night hanging in his home gym.
Haha that's hilarious! Thanks man I think I might dress up as King Leonidas at the end of this 3 month workout haha. So far so good on my workouts. Just got done with plyometrics. About to do some Ab Ripper X. Going to kill me but it'll be fine haha. Thanks for the extra motivation, much appreciate

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Slow Motion 3 in 1 Push Ups - 5/4/3 + Bonus
In And Out Shoulder Flys - 5 (R)
Dips - 16
Plange Push Ups - 6
Pike Press - 10
Side Tri Rise - 9/9
Floor Flys - 8/8
Scarecrow - 10 (R)
Overhead Tricep Extentsions - 7 (R)
Two Twitch Speed Pushups - 3/4 (75%)
Y Press - 13 (R)
Lying Tricep Extensions - 13 (R)
Side To Side Push Ups - 6
Pour Flies - 7
Side Leaning Tricep Extension - 8/8
One Arm Push Ups - 2 ( Was on my knees )
Weighted Circles - 3 (R)
Throw The Bomb - 8/10
Clap Or Plyo Push Ups - 4
Slow Mo Motion - N/A
Front To Back Tricep Extension - N/A
One Arm Balance Pushups - 2 (Feeling Drained!)
Fly Row Press - 8 <------ AWESOME ------
Dumbbell Cross Body Blows - 3/4 (75%)
Dumbbell

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Forgot to add the notes haha,
Notes -
I tried he "Chest, Back, Tricep" and man oh man... Talk about a workout haha. I love but hate it. I was totally drained out at one point that I couldn't even attempt two moves haha. Overall though, I REALLY can't wait tell next week so I can improve myself. Still same weight 100.8 kg's. But planning on losing at least two pounds by the end of the week.

TalofaMatai

TalofaMatai

Awards
Proud to say that my current weight is 219.6 lbs (99.8 kgs) now haha. Very happy to see that I went from 225 to 219. Brought my mood up and I'm ready for some more

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Proud to say that my current weight is 219.6 lbs (99.8 kgs) now haha. Very happy to see that I went from 225 to 219. Brought my mood up and I'm ready for some more
Great job. I wish I was making that much progress on my weight gain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
J Supplements 1
A Male Anti-Aging Medicine 7
S Anabolics 12
50Magnum Anabolics 1