How many exerices per muscle?

1. Registered User

How many exerices per muscle?

I'm not sure how many exercises per muscle. Example is back-5 exercises and biceps-3 exercises. I need help for my routine and how many exercise per muscle

2. Registered User

Thats probably good if you are an experienced lifter, there are some threads that have said smaller muscle groups you should do 12-15 sets in total and bigger muscle groups are more like 20-24 for legs. Back I might do 15-20. But you should start with your hevy compound excercises then finish with iso's.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

[QUOTE="butrybench555"]I'm not sure how many exercises per muscle. Example is back-5 exercises and biceps-3 exercises. I need help for my routine and how many exercise per muscle[/QUOTE

IMO the longer you've been training the more sets u need for stimulation. At least that's with me. I've noticed over the years that I have to increase the sets in order for me to feel it the next day. As far as small muscle groups needing lesser sets, I don't agree with that at all. I treat them all the same.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

how many you need to so depends on your goals, your work capacity, you recovery ability, frequency, and intensity. when you know those things you will know how many.

even then that is more how many total sets not really how many exercises. even then if you need only 3 sets then 1 exercise is plenty. even if you need 12 sets 1 exercise can be enough, or 3 exercises. that is almost a personal choice.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.

start with 3-4 and see how you feel.. if it doesnt feel like enough add more sets

Ithink more then 6 is too much for any muscle
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tboz View Post
    start with 3-4 and see how you feel.. if it doesnt feel like enough add more sets

Ithink more then 6 is too much for any muscle
    really? oops. i train for powerlifting and my last squat day had me doing 23 sets of squats. of course they were mostly doubles with the last 3 being done for 5 reps. but the point stands, all variables should be taken into account to say how many you should do. i covered those variables in my previous post.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 02:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 12:03 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:25 AM