before and after, now I'm lookin for advice.

Kevin James

Kevin James

Awards
I started about 7 months ago with a program called stronglifts 5x5, did it for about 4-5 months and and made some new awesome gains. I also did GOMAD and took GHRP-6 half the time. I've been extremely dedicated. Lately I am doing more of a pyramid style of lifting the past few months (though I had to take some time off due to moving 2x which screwed with my gains). My workout routine looks something like this now:

Monday:
Squats (pyramid up to my heaviest at 5 reps)
Benchpress (now dumbell press since my shoulder is hurting)
incline bench
Barbell rows
low rows
stairclimb cardio 20 min

wednesday:
light squats (5 sets at light weight, more explosive but much easier)
overhead press
lateral raises
standing row
deadlift
jogging/stairclimb cardio 20 min

Friday would be the same as Monday, and then my Sunday would be the same as wednesday. In other words, I go every other day it doesn't matter what day it is, I don't take 2 days off for weekend but Ill lift light if I need recovery.

sometimes when I pyramid I will do 2 sets of 10 and then ramp up weight and only do 5-7 reps depending what I'm doing.

my bench and overhead press feel really weak still, partly due to shoulder pain. My bench is somewhere around 170 at 2x5 after warm ups and my overhead press is really crappy at something like 95 my last two sets of 5-7.

I take a multitude of stuff, and I do a leangains IF diet, I started about two weeks ago. I take vitamins and massive amounts of fish oils, NOShotgun and other stuff like creatine and basic vitamin supps. I eat an average of 250 grams of protein and maybe 2500 calories a day. I'm looking better and playing catch up due to the moving and stuff, but otherwise I'd love to hear if anyone has any advice that could help me improve my lifts for strength size and density.

I also made a tire sled and pull that fuker around in a multitude of ways.

Also, here are some before and after shots:

before.jpg

before.JPG

kevinsmil1.JPG

5month.jpg

these pics say 6 months, more like 8 but I subtracted time off from the gym.

after2.jpg

after1.jpg

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Nice changes.
I would personally work on more thickness, but depends on the look you want.

Also, work on some more chest development and lower abs.

goingtogrow

Awards
That's a good transformation man!!

Well done buddy.

Kevin James

Kevin James

Awards
thats exactly what I want, more mass. I am also trying to get lower abs out, more chest and shoulder, especially rear delt.

any tips on what I should be doing for thickness that I am not doing?

Leangains is helping with the lower abs, plus I'm about to run some Animal Cuts to see if that does anything to help so I look good this summer.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
thats exactly what I want, more mass. I am also trying to get lower abs out, more chest and shoulder, especially rear delt.

any tips on what I should be doing for thickness that I am not doing?

Leangains is helping with the lower abs, plus I'm about to run some Animal Cuts to see if that does anything to help so I look good this summer.
Animal Cuts isn't going to help with any mass thats for sure.

I mean most I can say for mass is eat A LOT and keep working hard.