Anyone gone from very unhealthy to very healthy?

goingtogrow

Awards
Suppose it's a mad question, just wondering if any of you have gone from being very unhealthy like overweight, bad stamina and bad conditioning to the opposite!

Iv been working out and I can see some improvements that's for sure. I was really skinny as a kid, never did any sports and always had awful stamina! I'm just wondering even if I work out a lot are some people just genetically not made for it? Now I'm overweight and cardio
Is just as bad, I'm doing HIIT and loving it.

Thanks

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Suppose it's a mad question, just wondering if any of you have gone from being very unhealthy like overweight, bad stamina and bad conditioning to the opposite!

Iv been working out and I can see some improvements that's for sure. I was really skinny as a kid, never did any sports and always had awful stamina! I'm just wondering even if I work out a lot are some people just genetically not made for it? Now I'm overweight and cardio
Is just as bad, I'm doing HIIT and loving it.

Thanks
is 300lbs eating pizza drinking dark beer and getting winded for stairs a good example? i was there a few years ago. in pretty decent shape now. need to stop messing around with cigarettes. did good without but got bored when i moved for work. didnt help the hotel room smelled like smoke and made me want one.

goingtogrow

Awards
Nice one mate! Just knock
The smokes on the head.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I was an overweight smoker in my 30's and felt tired all the time and just ****ty overall. In my 40's I feel better than at any other point in my life. So yes, you can definitely turn it around. You gotta ease into it. HIIT is great...but so is walking. Don't underestimate the power of daily long walks as you ease into transforming your body. Slowly drop the junk food and keep track of it in a log. If you have to write it down, you're less likely to eat bad food. But again, ease into it. Going hardcore/cold turkey on any new thing is the key to failure.

Lots of great info on AM.com regarding food/exercise/life. Read and absorb. Thrive!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Was a skinny/fat pothead... weighed 232lb... skinny with a fat belly.... for 15 years. Could barely bench 115lbs..

Dropped down to 180, lifted weights back to 200... bench 200, squat 315 and dead 405 now - my cardio still sucks but I am working on it... takes a lot of time and dedication.

I am finding great success.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been overweight and underweight due to illnesses in my past. Everyone starts somewhere - what's important is dedication. Stick to eating healthy, get your workouts in, and stick with it. You'll get there; it just takes time. :)