what is a good squat and dl to body weight %

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I'm going to Max on squats and deads next week and was wondering what a good % is for a 16 year old. About a 2 months ago I had a 315 squat at 173 lb which is 1.82 % and dead was 330 1.91 %. What percentage would be good to shoot for this week.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
When you can work up to double BW in a squat and DL, they are great numbers!!!! Keep lifting young fella

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
When you can work up to double BW in a squat and DL, they are great numbers!!!! Keep lifting young fella
Cool. I'm going to try to double next week at least in deads, squats will be close I hope.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always considered 1.5 x for bench, 2x for squat, and 2.5x for deads, and 1x shoulder press to be the solid zone. Though I read recently (in relations to Olympic lifting) that your bench should be 66% of your back squat and your deads should be 25% greater than your back squat. So a 110-125-66% ratio.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That last line should say 100-125-66%. The idea is that there should be a ratio in that certain muscles and muscle groups should be stronger than others to truly well balanced. For example if you can biceps curl the same as you can squat there is an obvious imbalance.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I've always considered 1.5 x for bench, 2x for squat, and 2.5x for deads, and 1x shoulder press to be the solid zone. Though I read recently (in relations to Olympic lifting) that your bench should be 66% of your back squat and your deads should be 25% greater than your back squat. So a 110-125-66% ratio.
Thanks for the info. I've got some work to do on deads.