19 year old deadlifted 545lbs PR at 205lbs (video inside)

danthamansky

Awards
sup everyone, just finished back today instead of yesterday. started with deadlifts! warmed up with 135 and 225, started with 315, going to 405, 495 and 525 for 2 reps. and finally a PR for 545 for 1 rep. form wasn't the best, however its been improving a lot! check it out!

April 18,2012 back day (deadlifts) - YouTube

heres a clip of my 525 deadlift, form wasn't good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_Eg763Zv

heres a clip of my last back workout going up to 515 for only 1 rep for 2 sets.
march 27,2012 back day (deadlifts) - YouTube

getting stronger! follow along and subscribe!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice lift. Always great to see others deadlifting. Keep working on the form. Not going to try and help with form, but I will say there are a number of powerlifting sites that will help.

What was up with the shoes? One set it looked like you put them by the weight to keep it quiet. Then you finish with shoes after being barefoot for the previous sets haha. I cant help but notice random things.

danthamansky

Awards
Very nice lift. Always great to see others deadlifting. Keep working on the form. Not going to try and help with form, but I will say there are a number of powerlifting sites that will help.

What was up with the shoes? One set it looked like you put them by the weight to keep it quiet. Then you finish with shoes after being barefoot for the previous sets haha. I cant help but notice random things.
thanks! i love deadlifting, always going to improve on form, it got much better ill say.

i deadlift without shoes, i jstu had them placed there on the weights to hold them from swinging around, then sadly at my last set one of the employees told me i had to wear shoes, so i just wore them at the end, which kinda pissed me off but whatever at least i got the lift :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks! i love deadlifting, always going to improve on form, it got much better ill say.

i deadlift without shoes, i jstu had them placed there on the weights to hold them from swinging around, then sadly at my last set one of the employees told me i had to wear shoes, so i just wore them at the end, which kinda pissed me off but whatever at least i got the lift :)
Not a problem. I am a fellow fan of the deadlift.

That is what I figured happened. Ever try using a belt or chalk?

danthamansky

Awards
Not a problem. I am a fellow fan of the deadlift.

That is what I figured happened. Ever try using a belt or chalk?
haha yeah. i use chalk, i don't use a belt though, did think about it but my gym don't got belts so i just use my chalk, I'm doing pretty good without a belt too :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha yeah. i use chalk, i don't use a belt though, did think about it but my gym don't got belts so i just use my chalk, I'm doing pretty good without a belt too :)
Well most gym belts are pretty crappy to be honest anyway. Ya I was able to do the same weight with and without a belt a few years back.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big weight, but really be careful. Your lower back started to round at 405. If you move the bar closer to you and sit back on your hips, it'll help out with that. Your knees shouldn't be over the bar and it's causing your shoulder joint to be out of alignment (it should be directly over the bar and not in front).

danthamansky

Awards
Big weight, but really be careful. Your lower back started to round at 405. If you move the bar closer to you and sit back on your hips, it'll help out with that. Your knees shouldn't be over the bar and it's causing your shoulder joint to be out of alignment (it should be directly over the bar and not in front).
thank you bro! gonna try it next deadlift!

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the other advice given, but still, very strong. I wish I would have been able to move the weights your moving when I was your age. You will be a beast if you keep it up!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a big lift, congrats man.

Get a belt, just to be safe! I am shocked you're able to get it up with no belt. I need a belt to push out against when I start to get up to the 400s when I'm deadlifting. You're a strong mf

danthamansky

Awards
I agree with the other advice given, but still, very strong. I wish I would have been able to move the weights your moving when I was your age. You will be a beast if you keep it up!
thank you so much man! i love the sport and dedication we gotta put in for the results we get out of it! always improving every day, i just love it!

danthamansky

Awards
This is a big lift, congrats man.

Get a belt, just to be safe! I am shocked you're able to get it up with no belt. I need a belt to push out against when I start to get up to the 400s when I'm deadlifting. You're a strong mf
thanks man! might be embarrassing but i don't really know much about the belt, i know that it tightens your core? at least i think so? I'm not sure, ill definitely look into one so i can be safe :) thank you so much too!