Strong lifts/ 5 3 1

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm researching some mass gain programs for the coming fall.. what do u think about sl5x5? I'm really Intriguied but there's no accessory work included. I know there's not supposed to be.. But I'm really hesitant to cut out all accessories for 8-12 weeks! I would BLOW up. Lastly- squatting- my legs grow disgustingly fast , my ass wouldn't fit in my jeans within 3 weeks. In football season I gained 20 pounds using a 5/31 method and I went from 30 inch wasit to 34 in a month.. I couldn't get thr 30 inch pants past my lower quads.. Any ideas how to avoid that with SL? I knownsquats r important to developing core muscles and overall growth... But I'm not looking for a ghetto booty again!

Anyway to do strong lifts with accessory? Not a lot, but enough to keep the BB look..

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
5x5 is pretty legit. Some who want the additional pump do a 5x5 of heavy then add 2 sets of lighter weight for some volume toward the end.

5 - 3- 1 programs are some **** in my opinion.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I follow SL and just do whatever accessories I want when I am finished. As good as the program may be, the .pdf that Medhi provides is pretty much crap, IMO. Countless pages of client praise and very little elaboration on the obvious questions of accessory lifts, spotters, starting with an empty bar, and so on.

If you're worried about your legs blowing up...keep in mind that SL has you do squats on *every* workout. Personally I love doing squats, but I do have a problem of buying jeans that fit a 34" waist and still have enough room in the leg for my quads. Jeans are the toughest in this regard.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I follow SL and just do whatever accessories I want when I am finished. As good as the program may be, the .pdf that Medhi provides is pretty much crap, IMO. Countless pages of client praise and very little elaboration on the obvious questions of accessory lifts, spotters, starting with an empty bar, and so on.

If you're worried about your legs blowing up...keep in mind that SL has you do squats on *every* workout. Personally I love doing squats, but I do have a problem of buying jeans that fit a 34" waist and still have enough room in the leg for my quads. Jeans are the toughest in this regard.
Yea. It's the jeans and stuff lol and suit pants!

Well glad I'm not the only one! I really wnna add some quality size.. The fancy splits and new edge routines aren't doing the trick I don't think.. I eat a ton. Maybe I should just eat two tons :)