i think im weird

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
i need to have a set number of reps to perform per set, i hate just going to exhaustion. if i try to do it i find my self counting reps without even realizing i started. if i want to go to exhaustion i have to set in my mind like i want 50 reps or some absurb number though i feel like crap cause i failed. is there anyone else that does this to

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
i always find myself choosing a set number and doing that too. its like i trick my mind cause when i get to my goal number i find myself basically at failure. i always switch it up but i know what you mean im always counting my reps in my head even when i dont mean to.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Focus more on the contraction of the muscle and its easier to loose track of the reps. Failure is a good thing brotha

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
why not just set youself a rep goal and choose a weight that allows to you fail within the given rep range your aiming for?? Or am i misunderstanding your post? :D

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
newton thats exactly what i am doing, my thing is if i set 50 reps but fail at number 34. i feel like crap xause i was 16 off

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
newton thats exactly what i am doing, my thing is if i set 50 reps but fail at number 34. i feel like crap xause i was 16 off
ahhh right, well lighten the weight lmao :dance: