I need a sick arm day

technique88

technique88

Awards
I have taken about 2 weeks off from having an isolated arm day. I have just thrown in a couple of exercises here and there during back day or chest day. Anyone know of an arm routine that will really destroy them. I want to hit every type of fiber and basically want them to feel like jello the next day =)

Thanx everybody!

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Thisnis how i do arms..all sets as of now are between 8-12 reps with forced reps. 30-40 second rest between reps and 2-3 minutes between sets

Triceps
Cable pulldowns (warm up elbow joints)
Close grip bench
Kickbacks superset with dips
Push up to failure

Biceps
Single arm curls seated
Standing barbell curls
Preacher curls super set hammer curls

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
If you really emphasize the eccentric part of every exersize that will really tear em to shreds

technique88

technique88

Awards
Appreciate the routine. Tomorrow is arm day so I will definitely give that routine a try.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its hard to mess up an arm routine....db curls, preachers, and rope cable hammers keep me full and pumped.....v pushdowns, single arm pulldowns, and close grip bench finish the tri's

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
My last arm routine:Curls, long bar.

90lbs - 5 reps
105lbs - 5 reps
135lbs - 5 reps
145lbs - 5 reps

Preacher Curl (EZ-Bar)
105lbs - 1 set of 5
115lbs - 1 set of 5

Cybex preacher curl machine
150lbs
2 sets of 5 reps

Reverse Curls
50lbs 3 sets of 5-7 reps

Increase volume? Then try throwing in some 21's

technique88

technique88

Awards
Haha thanx guys! Coincidently I get these new posts on my arms day. I know its hard to go wrong on arms, I've hit so many differebt rountines. I posted this to see how others like runnning arms. I should mention my goal though...my arms are very thick. I want that nice bicep arch when I flex. Mine is so rounded.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have one I'll post up later.
It's something that I switched too....
Tried it twice so far.

daddyjaws

daddyjaws

Awards
......Or finish your routine with 7's.
Set the cables for curls at the heaviest weight you have achieved before.....Do 7 reps then move the pin up one notch...then 7 reps again....and proceed until finished or your arms fall off. Remember not to rest in between adj weights.
Is there another name for these? They work for me

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
......Or finish your routine with 7's.
Set the cables for curls at the heaviest weight you have achieved before.....Do 7 reps then move the pin up one notch...then 7 reps again....and proceed until finished or your arms fall off. Remember not to rest in between adj weights.
Is there another name for these? They work for me
I tried 7 before for 1 or 2 sets and it cooked...
How many sets of 7s (I count 21 reps as 1 set) do you do?

daddyjaws

daddyjaws

Awards
I usually start close to the heaviest weight....do 7 reps there and move it up (10 less lbs) then 7 more and so on till I get to 10 lbs which is harder than you think. A buddy helping you with the pin movement is always a plus. So....its just 1 long set I guess.

technique88

technique88

Awards
I have one I'll post up later.
It's something that I switched too....
Tried it twice so far.
I definitely look forward to the routine.

technique88

technique88

Awards
I usually start close to the heaviest weight....do 7 reps there and move it up (10 less lbs) then 7 more and so on till I get to 10 lbs which is harder than you think. A buddy helping you with the pin movement is always a plus. So....its just 1 long set I guess.
That sounds intense! I have always been a fan of drop sets for arms...really kills them. What kind of bar do you use for the cable curls?

daddyjaws

daddyjaws

Awards
I use the bent bar...my wrists kill with the straight. I want someone to try this out and see if this works for others too.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's 1 long set right.

U only do that 1 time?

I would be doing it 63 reps... :D

daddyjaws

daddyjaws

Awards
That's 1 long set right.

U only do that 1 time?

I would be doing it 63 reps... :D
That's right Aaron...its a finishing move for bicep day!
When agmatine or hemavol is involved, you end up with a full ripped to the max set of arms and hoses for veins....enjoy!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's right Aaron...its a finishing move for bicep day!
When agmatine or hemavol is involved, you end up with a full ripped to the max set of arms and hoses for veins....enjoy!
Only downside to this is the 1 hour that it last.
:D

technique88

technique88

Awards
Awesome additions guys...how does agmatine work in terms of pumps? Ive only used Nitrix, Yod3k, and jack3d...zi need a change. Also what about hemoval and what doses do you take of both?

EliteSoldier

Awards
1)Dips superset with 21s on a ezbar..
5sets.. aim for 10reps with the dip.. no rest in between sets..
2mins rest at the end of this..

2)skull crushers superset with cable curls..
same thing 5sets of 10reps no rest..
2min rest
3)DB overhead press with hammer curls..
5 sets of 10 reps..

measure your arms before and after the workout.. Will give you a hard on!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Awesome additions guys...how does agmatine work in terms of pumps? Ive only used Nitrix, Yod3k, and jack3d...zi need a change. Also what about hemoval and what doses do you take of both?
2 scoops of hemavol...
Used it my last 3 work outs or so...
I still take 12 Nitrix pills a day as well... But that's just me.

True....but it feels so good, doesn't it!?!

Hell ya

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
Subd

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
Weighted reverse pullups + weighted dips x 3

Lying tricep extension + one arm concentration curls x 3

Overhead cable curls + rope extensions x 3

Routine takes about 30 minutes but it will be all you want...

technique88

technique88

Awards
Weighted reverse pullups + weighted dips x 3

Lying tricep extension + one arm concentration curls x 3

Overhead cable curls + rope extensions x 3

Routine takes about 30 minutes but it will be all you want...
Reverse pull ups = chin ups?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Yes but @ least a shoulder width grip. Same width as lat pullups only reversed..
If you want to hot the biceps more wouldn't you not hold it shoulder width? To hit biceps you would hold your reversed grip on the inside (close grip) of the pullup bar. If you hold a reverse grip on a shoulder width grip you would be hitting the lower lats and the 2ndary muscle biceps

supraseed48

supraseed48

Awards
If you want to hot the biceps more wouldn't you not hold it shoulder width? To hit biceps you would hold your reversed grip on the inside (close grip) of the pullup bar. If you hold a reverse grip on a shoulder width grip you would be hitting the lower lats and the 2ndary muscle biceps
Ur gonna recruit some lat either way. Like you said the grip just varies where it hits the bi. I like to hang between each rep for stretch and go slow on the negatives. My lats really don't start trying to assist til I get to the top of the contraction with this grip. It works kinda like a barbell wide grip curl except that a pullup prevents you from swinging back to get the weight up. You can also concentrate more on the negative than so with a barbell with heavy weight on it. I don't have access to spotter to help on negs, and those are important in puting size on biceps.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Biceps: DB 21s 3 sets
rope hammercurls 3 sets 12-20
1 arm hammer strength preacher 3 sets 12-20 1 extra set with both arms and 3 drops
pose curls 3 sets 15-25
incline db curls 3 sets 12-20

triceps:
rope or straight bar pushdowns 3 sets 12-20
ezbar skullcrushers to closegrip bench 3 sets 12-15 SC moving directly into closegrip bench to failure
one arm reverse grip pressdown 3 sets 12-20

finish with century set of cable straightbar curls

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
For me the biggest trick I've picked up lately has been time under tension. The difference between busting out 12 reps in 24 seconds or 12 reps in 48 seconds makes a huge difference for me in terms of the pump and DOMS.

Try a 2020 (2 second contraction, no squeeze at the top, 2 seconds down, no pause at the bottom) and then a 2030 with a manageable weight and you'll get what I'm poking at. Being that "present" throughout each rep really helps with mind-muscle focus as well! Give it a shot.