Symmetry !

1. Registered User
    Answers

Symmetry !

symmetry is a problem for me due to injuries on the left side of my body also my less dominant side. My left arm ( bicep, tricep,pectoral , delt , lat, not so bad with my back . Im looking for some good strategies and exercises to build my symmetry and strength back up with the left.
    Limitations are shackles PAIN IS AWESOMENESS ENTERING MY MUSCLES !

I'm not a doctor but I'll take a look

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Machine
    symmetry is a problem for me due to injuries on the left side of my body also my less dominant side. My left arm ( bicep, tricep,pectoral , delt , lat, not so bad with my back . Im looking for some good strategies and exercises to build my symmetry and strength back up with the left.
    I was gonna start a thread like this too..My right delt is so much bigger than my left. And right quad is smaller than my left..never got the size back from surgery a few years ago
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Do one legged/ unilateral exercises brother.. Try one arm db rows, db presses, db curls, ext. that kind of stuff. one legged leg presses etc etc.. if your weak side is that much worse maybe even go so far as to add an extra set or two on that weak side
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I had pins and plates put in my forearm when i snapped my ulna/radius in half last year. Even though my left arm is slightly smaller then my right due to the atrophy when i was recovering, size is slowy growing, taking its time but its getting bigger. So in the relation to the OP, im not noticing to much of a problem.

I would say the best bet is the obvious one and thats to isolate the muscle through dumbbells or iso lateral machine exercises.
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

My traps seem kinda asymmetrical. My left side is bigger than my right at rest, but when flexed they're equal. It's weird because I've had surgery on my left shoulder twice. So, you'd think that it would be smaller than my "good" side.
  •