I'm doing it wrong...any advice?

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Been following a 5x5 program and supping with Intimidate and Erase Pro. The gains came very quickly, and was really liking the way my body was looking. Decided to kick it up a notch by cutting back the carbs and increasing the protein with the idea that cutting off some BF will improve my look.

In two weeks time (since changing my diet), my Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift, Barbell Row, and Overhead Press have all continued to increase, but my look is going the wrong way. Definitely not as defined as I was, yet I am stronger. WTF am I doing wrong?

As far as my diet goes, all I've really done is clean it up. Nothing hardcore. Cut out the french fries and bread, and increased fruit and veg. But I couldn't tell you how many calories I've been cutting since "cutting back". Added ECA to help out with the cravings. Lost about 1# in 2 weeks.

Hopefully there is a better solution than putting fries back in my diet. The fruit that I eat is 2 oranges and 2 apples a day. Lots of spinach and kale for the veg.

The first pic is two weeks ago. The after pic is today.

MSF.jpg
MSF-1.jpg

demolition

demolition

Awards
My advise to start is track your food and macros. figure our your bmr and add cals for bulk or subtract for a cut, in addition to that you need to make sure your getting enough protein for your goal. 5x5 is more of a strength routine over a muscle/bulk routine. You can bust your a$$ in the gym and make no progress if you not eating for the goal your trying to get to. I believe diet comes first and training comes 2nd.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Been following a 5x5 program and supping with Intimidate and Erase Pro. The gains came very quickly, and was really liking the way my body was looking. Decided to kick it up a notch by cutting back the carbs and increasing the protein with the idea that cutting off some BF will improve my look.
If you were over maintenance before, swapping the same calories around between carbs and protein won't do anything
to your BF.

In two weeks time (since changing my diet), my Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift, Barbell Row, and Overhead Press have all continued to increase, but my look is going the wrong way. Definitely not as defined as I was, yet I am stronger. WTF am I doing wrong?

As far as my diet goes, all I've really done is clean it up. Nothing hardcore. Cut out the french fries and bread, and increased fruit and veg. But I couldn't tell you how many calories I've been cutting since "cutting back". Added ECA to help out with the cravings. Lost about 1# in 2 weeks.

Hopefully there is a better solution than putting fries back in my diet. The fruit that I eat is 2 oranges and 2 apples a day. Lots of spinach and kale for the veg.

The first pic is two weeks ago. The after pic is today.
Wanna lower BF? Calorie deficit. (AND maybe you happen to benefit of a low carb diet on top of that)
Not only you need to count calories but you also need to make sure you're below maintenance,
at that point, macros and even food choices will have very lil impact