Odd sticking point

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.93%

Odd sticking point

I am adequately strong in the bench press. I do use proper form and have tried a few different angles at which i place my arms. However in my efferts to reach a personal best I have found that i have a unique sticking point. It seems right at the very bottom of my press is my weakest part of the movement. after it is 4-6 inches off my chest i can blow through it. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem and how have you overcome it. I have heard about chains but i would think they would be more suited toward someone who gets stuck at the middle of top of the lift.
    thanks to anyone who replys.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.58%

Quote Originally Posted by theamazing3000
    I am adequately strong in the bench press. I do use proper form and have tried a few different angles at which i place my arms. However in my efferts to reach a personal best I have found that i have a unique sticking point. It seems right at the very bottom of my press is my weakest part of the movement. after it is 4-6 inches off my chest i can blow through it. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem and how have you overcome it. I have heard about chains but i would think they would be more suited toward someone who gets stuck at the middle of top of the lift.
    thanks to anyone who replys.
    Sounds like your tri's are stronger than your chest. Try negatives, rack benches, db presses aslo do a search on westside training..it'll tell you everything you need to know
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.93%

I have a hard time believing that my tris could be stronger than my chest as i am moving a decent amount of weight and my tris seem to be one of my most underdeveloped muscles.
    I often do negatives and i do dumbells every 3rd week I don't know what rackbenches are and i will look into westside training
    thanks for your advise
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.24%

Quote Originally Posted by theamazing3000
    I have a hard time believing that my tris could be stronger than my chest as i am moving a decent amount of weight and my tris seem to be one of my most underdeveloped muscles.
    I often do negatives and i do dumbells every 3rd week I don't know what rackbenches are and i will look into westside training
    thanks for your advise
    Having underdeveloped tris may be a weak point. Also weak front delts could also be an issue. I will be working on bringing up my bench as well after I finish contest dieting. I have the same weak point as you.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.83%

Rack benches, dude.

That is, where you can drop the bar and it will only just touch your chest, or press on it somewhat, without crushing your ribcage. Then load the bar, and just work that part of the movement.

Do very low reps with heavy weight.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stick it in or rub it on?
    By HUGE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 10:30 AM
  2. Im Not Getting Any Post Points...
    By Vman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 01:04 AM
  3. What the hell is the ultimate point in BULKING?
    By strictlyswole in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 08:31 PM
  4. Stick Death!
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 06:59 PM
  5. karma points
    By true_c in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2002, 10:26 AM