working for hypertrophy ?

Clean Machine

Clean Machine

Awards
looking for some good strategies for increasing hypertrophy in my workouts. ive done the 8 - 12 rep range with great success ive even done 6 - 8 with great success now my body needs a little something more ! please hit me with your best shot ! p.s. my diet is money but ill take advice or experience there too !

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Keep it relatively heavy for 6-8 but make the 8th rep a struggle.
Work a main like squats 6-8 reps
Then 2 auxiliaries:
Barbel lunge (each leg) 10-12
Leg press or split squat 1-10reps Trust me, to knock out 10 at good weights is damn hard!!!
4 sets of this

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Keep it relatively heavy for 6-8 but make the 8th rep a struggle.
Work a main like squats 6-8 reps
Then 2 auxiliaries:
Barbel lunge (each leg) 10-12
Leg press or split squat 1-10reps Trust me, to knock out 10 at good weights is damn hard!!!
4 sets of this
Ive been experimenting lately doing 5 sets of 20 rep squats. I actually prefer it to the old 8-10. I chose a weight where i was doing 12 and struggling a little then toughing it through to 20.

OP for somthing different you could try rest pause training. . For example I Chose a weight I can only do 12 of>I do 12> rack it> take three breaths> and do the remaining three reps. Total 15 reps. The pump is insane. its like doing high reps with a fairly moderate weight. i do upper/lower body split. I do three sets on 2 exersises on each body part twice a week. You can apply this to whatever rep range you want. i chose 15 as i am rehabilitating from an injury.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
More like dogg crap training?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i am a fan of a few low rep sets followed by more higher rep stuff. like what wendler 5/3/1 does with the big but boring accessories.

also, SQUATS AND MILK!!! lol i am a fan of high rep squats.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
i am a fan of a few low rep sets followed by more higher rep stuff. like what wendler 5/3/1 does with the big but boring accessories.

also, SQUATS AND MILK!!! lol i am a fan of high rep squats.
Westside for skinny bastards template

Clean Machine

Clean Machine

Awards
haha thanks for the input im a mesomorph that responds to everything just looking for some good ideas ... gain fat easy tho upsetting.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
haha thanks for the input im a mesomorph that responds to everything just looking for some good ideas ... gain fat easy tho upsetting.
I'm same. Newbie gains are great. I'm up 5kg clean muscle and dropped
3.5%bf in 8weeks
Cycle helps by letting me dip lower in kcal on some Days and burn hard

Clean Machine

Clean Machine

Awards
i did a cycle in afghanistan of pro hormone i went up more than 20 lbs in 130 degree weather sweating and not even eating all the time! when i was noob as a teenager creatine and protein got me up like 15 lbs in 2 months lol . under the right conditions with the proper plan i think im in for some incredible gains

Clean Machine

Clean Machine

Awards
form muscle mind connection tempo and some serious rage towards the iron will carry you far as well

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
form muscle mind connection tempo and some serious rage towards the iron will carry you far as well
to follow up my first post:
I've seen more gains slowing down negatives to 4-5 seconds than moving more weight for more sets

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
to follow up my first post:
I've seen more gains slowing down negatives to 4-5 seconds than moving more weight for more sets
The eccentric part of the movement is where growth occurs

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
looking for some good strategies for increasing hypertrophy in my workouts. ive done the 8 - 12 rep range with great success ive even done 6 - 8 with great success now my body needs a little something more ! please hit me with your best shot ! p.s. my diet is money but ill take advice or experience there too !

German Volume Training

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I like the standard 2 sets of 10 with failure on the 10th.. followed by three drop sets to failure

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I like the standard 2 sets of 10 with failure on the 10th.. followed by three drop sets to failure
hmm sounds fun might have to try it in the near future. you must be crazyyyy sore after that!