Bodybuilding size split

1. Bodybuilding size split

I have done full body splits and now I am doing back day chest day and legs day and arms day. I want something for the best progress in size and definition. What do you guys reccomend?

2. Definition - the byproduct of having little bodyfat %.

Size - the act of increasing muscular hypertrophy through increased calories and linear increase in stimulus.

I wouldn't split if I were you. I'd switch to an upper/lower split (it's more full body) and perform each movement at a 2X/week frequency. You'll want a horizontal press, horizontal pull, vertical pull, vertical press, squat variation, deadlift variation, clean variation. As accessory, I would recommend incline presses, weighted dips, front squats, db curls.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng
    Definition - the byproduct of having little bodyfat %.

Size - the act of increasing muscular hypertrophy through increased calories and linear increase in stimulus.

I wouldn't split if I were you. I'd switch to an upper/lower split (it's more full body) and perform each movement at a 2X/week frequency. You'll want a horizontal press, horizontal pull, vertical pull, vertical press, squat variation, deadlift variation, clean variation. As accessory, I would recommend incline presses, weighted dips, front squats, db curls.
    Can u explain more like give me a routine? And why do you recommend this over a 3 day split?
    •   

4. Chest/biceps-off-legs/abs-back/tri's-off-shoulder's.Weekend's off,Pick 2 excerises per body part...aka...Bench press and chest flys for chest and incline curls and reverse grip curls for biceps.Incorperate trap work on shoulder day and calf work on leg day.2to 4 sets each excersise in the 8-12 rep range for upper body and 12-20 for lower.

Hope I helped!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best macronutrient split for LEAN MASS/ BODYBUILDING
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. Can anyone suggest me a "5x5" split for bodybuilding?
    By dexterfan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:14 AM
  3. 6 Day Bodybuilding/Kickboxing Split
    By glaze1353 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 05:35 AM
  4. 3day split to 4day split for fat loss?
    By SamuraiSid in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
  5. Do you try to add size or maintain size?
    By Jim Mills in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM