i need cardio!

krie1g

Awards
I'm having problems getting my cardio. The problem is that i dont own a trandmill, can't join the gym or get my ass running outside since its too hot in FL. Does anybody has any suggestions how to get a good cardio when you are not lifting? Websites be very helpful.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I live in South Florida..Just run in the morning or in the evening. Its not that hot now anyway

enash

Awards
Lost of stuff you can do.

Best thing would be to buy a jump rope and start killing it! Take the shoes off and it will be alot less ruckus for anyone below you.

Also, you could get a punching bag.

You can pick a high point in your house (ceiling or edge of a wall or hang something) and do vertical jumps in sequence, touching the spot each time. Do 4 sets of 20 with 10 seconds rest in between, it will work you.

Get some boards and stack them, and alternate stepping up onto the boards side to side in rapid succession.
I also find that low weight, high repetition walking lunges and side lunges get me sweating like crazy. You don't need much room, just pace like a caged animal.

I just try to remember to keep your body moving, and make it hurt. You don't need to spend much loot or go outside at all. Just sweat it out.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
jumping rope, farmer's walks, heavy bag work, sprints

krie1g

Awards
very helpful info... i like these simple cardio blasts, its time to sweat!

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
sled dragging, early in the morning, or evening.