Posterior delt injury

Xtweak05

Xtweak05

Awards
I've been having some issues with my right posterior delt. It's been a slight nag for a few months now, and yes I've taken time off here and there. However, last weeks lat training finally did it in. I currently can't dead hang as if I were going to do a pull up. Any sort of rowing is out of the question too. Mind you any movement backwards such as to even put something in my back pocket or wipe my business makes me cringe.

Pressing movements don't bother it in the least either.

I just want an educated guess. My insurance doesn't kick in for a bit so for now I'd like an idea of what I did to myself. Thanks ahead of time

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think its your infraspinatus or teresminor (of the rotator cuff) and not your posterior deltoid..,.esepcially the way you describe the pain reaching into your back pocket.

Xtweak05

Xtweak05

Awards
I think its your infraspinatus or teresminor (of the rotator cuff) and not your posterior deltoid..,.esepcially the way you describe the pain reaching into your back pocket.
I considered the infraspinatus, however, with most infraspinatus injuries pain and discomfort is usually felt in the front of ones shoulder. Thats the case with most rotator injuries. I have no issue pressing, laterals don't even cause discomfort. It's strictly reaching behind my body and any sort of lat movement.

Thanks for the response

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
If it was the posterior deltoid, it would seem the pressure would occur when the shoulder hyper-extends. Transverse extension focused movements like rows would seem to aggravate the posterior deltoid.

The teres minor is my bet since you said it involves a lot with your lats.