power clean trouble

  1. Registered User
    Texplex11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    61

    power clean trouble


    I have had multiple back injuries and i dont want to use the power clean anymore, any suggestions on a exercise that will work the same muscles with less back?

  2. Registered User
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297847

    Quote Originally Posted by Texplex11 View Post
    I have had multiple back injuries and i dont want to use the power clean anymore, any suggestions on a exercise that will work the same muscles with less back?
    Keg toss with heavy med balls is your best bet.

    Br
  3. Registered User
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141404

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED

    Keg toss with heavy med balls is your best bet.

    Br
    Is that like the strongman contest event.. Tossing the kegs over a hig bar?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    dbgonzo24's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    89

    you could try kettlebell snatches. Less weight and less jerking of the back but gets the explosion aspect with a good workout for legs, back, and shoulders.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,077
    Rep Power
    918000

    I'm curious as to how you keep hurting your back on a power clean. What do you do specifically to strengthen the area?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297847

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Is that like the strongman contest event.. Tossing the kegs over a hig bar?
    Pretty much.
  7. Registered User
    kingk0ng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    743
    Rep Power
    122328

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'm curious as to how you keep hurting your back on a power clean. What do you do specifically to strengthen the area?
    ^ This was my thought as well.

    If power cleans bother your back try hang cleans.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. military press and power clean wrist problems
    By bigintensions in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
  2. Deadlift and Power clean
    By cav19delite in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 04:42 AM
  3. Tips for Power clean?
    By p00ndawg in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 08:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in