Rounded shoulders

Little Al

Awards
Hi All,
I have been training for about 3/4 years and have noticed lately that my shoulders are rounding forward and my traps, front delts seem disappear. When I pull my shoulders back, out pop my traps and front delts. Are there any specific exercises I can do to rectify this, should I concenstrate more on my back ??

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like you are imbalanced. Train your back more.

Surge93

Surge93

Awards
Though very simple check your posture when your standing or sitting down... Do you slouch at all? If you do then by constantly doing that its leading to over development in your anterior delts rather than your posterior delts. If not then as said previously workout your back more and for posterior delts try the dumbell seated bent over lateral raise

Little Al

Awards
Yes I do slouch a bit, will watch my posture and start to focus on my back a bit more. Thanks for the help

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
You'll want to essentially train the upper back muscles at a 2:1 ratio as the chest and anterior shoulder muscles. Barbell rows, face pulls, cuban rotations, poor mans shoulder horn, rear delt lateral raises are all your recipe. You'll need to stretch the chest and shoulders using doorway stretches frequently.