Anyone been doing deadlifts?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just started back doing them after 4-5 months of not using them and let me tell ya it felt pretty good.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just started back doing them after 4-5 months of not using them and let me tell ya it felt pretty good.
I'm not the strongest at em.. But I love doing em.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing them regularly for the last year and yeah. I love em! I forgot how much I liked doing them.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did some yesterday for the first time in awhile. Pyramid up to 405 for 2 raw no belt, then back down. Not too shabby, but far off from when I pulled 500. I LOVE DEADLIFTS!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been doing them regularly for the last year and yeah. I love em! I forgot how much I liked doing them.
Same here...

Did some yesterday for the first time in awhile. Pyramid up to 405 for 2 raw no belt, then back down. Not too shabby, but far off from when I pulled 500. I LOVE DEADLIFTS!!!
I never maxed...

I'm have to try it.

So what's the grand daddy squats or dead lifts?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I kind of feel like you saying that doing deadlifts "felt good" is a positive sign. I often think people who complain about how the deadlift feels might be doing something wrong with their form (or have an injury). Anyways, keep at it, and check out some of the many articles on AM about training the deadlift and its variations. There's plenty of good info there.

As for me, I do it once every 12 days. I love it. It feels so good. Last week was the first time it actually "taxed" me, but that was honestly due to the fact that I did it the day after doing hack squats - the workout which fries my legs the most, more than squats. So no mystery there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I freaking love deadlifts, but they never feel good. Like squats, they always suck.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE deadlifting..When I first started using chalk I loved doin them even more cuz I could load the bar up and actually lift to failure without the bar slipping..when i was cycling I couldn't deadlift cuz I had really bad back pumps and now I have a compression fracture in my back so no deadliftin for a whilleeeeee

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I kind of feel like you saying that doing deadlifts "felt good" is a positive sign. I often think people who complain about how the deadlift feels might be doing something wrong with their form (or have an injury). Anyways, keep at it, and check out some of the many articles on AM about training the deadlift and its variations. There's plenty of good info there.

As for me, I do it once every 12 days. I love it. It feels so good. Last week was the first time it actually "taxed" me, but that was honestly due to the fact that I did it the day after doing hack squats - the workout which fries my legs the most, more than squats. So no mystery there.
I thought I was the only one.. I feel like such a b*tch wen I do hack squats.so much harder than regular squats

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing D/L's twice a week now. I wanted to find a way to do them without overtraining because DL's require a LOT of recovery.

What I've been doing is going in - doing some basic leg warm ups on machines for about 20 minutes ... then hit the Deads ...

I start out with warm ups ... put a plate on, do two warm up sets. Add another plate, do one warm up set ... all the way up to 400 lbs, which is my max for 5 reps.

Then I'll do five sets of five. It has to be as heavy as I can go and I have to be struggling to maintain form on the last rep for it to count, otherwise I add weight and go again. That doesn't happen too often though.

Then, I'm done - go home and die!

I'm up to 230 lbs on my weight - that's almost 10 pounds I've put on since I started doing this. I think DL's are really almost as good as gear!

UKNoko

UKNoko

Awards
Deadlifts (and squats) are like a good hill reps session. Hate it when I do them, but feeling like a god after ;-)
Though rhey give me back pumps, ouch.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I did my one rep max while back swear I took me good 2 weeks for me to feel right and recover. LOL I have been really liking them though. Its like being on a test booster LOL. Wounder if we should cycle our squats + deads for optimal test production.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I freaking love deadlifts, but they never feel good. Like squats, they always suck.
I used to hate squats but now I love them for some reason. Deadlifts... those suck all the time lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love doing them. Had been doing them consistently but was out of the gym for a while. Started doing them again. Getting 495 for 3 now.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
love deadlifts.... I only have 400lbs in plates and I need to buy more plates !!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I ahnilated my back last week with dead lifts.
Then I went in last night and after a back work out pulled 315, sure I can pull more just haven't gave it a shot yet.

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
^^i feel like it.. especially after watching "Deadlift Compilation" on YouTube

shdwmsk

Awards
I love em! I've been swapping every 3 weeks between squats and deads. Last time I did squats 3 weeks ago I was only able to do 365x3 tonight I did 385x3 so that's a 20 lb increase in squats in 3 weeks. I'll take it! My deads toped at 365x3 (if I remember right) this last "cycle" of deads and hoping that they improve like my squats did in these next 3 weeks.