Supersets for arm day - AnabolicMinds.com

Supersets for arm day

  1. New Member
    cg123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    543

    Reputation

    Supersets for arm day


    I do an arm day every other week sometimes every week. I super set 4 bi tri excercises for 3 sets each usually 12-15 reps. I heard somewhere that super sets give a good pump but don't help build muscle because u use one muscle group and then the other and it counteracts or something. Let me know what you think. Also if u have a better arms workout let me know. Thanks

  2. New Member
    cg123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    543

    Reputation

    Bump
  3. Advanced Member
    rsnake21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    80465

    Reputation Reputation

    You build muscle by stressing it more than you did the workout before. Then you feed it let it recover and repeat.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    matt8483's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    493
    Rep Power
    18225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cg123
    I do an arm day every other week sometimes every week. I super set 4 bi tri excercises for 3 sets each usually 12-15 reps. I heard somewhere that super sets give a good pump but don't help build muscle because u use one muscle group and then the other and it counteracts or something. Let me know what you think. Also if u have a better arms workout let me know. Thanks
    I superset bis and tris all the time. I've been doing it for years. I feel that it works.
  5. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    101788

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    supersets are good for saving time. and the pump has little if anything to do with forcing a muscle to grow bigger or stronger.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  6. New Member
    cg123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    543

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig
    supersets are good for saving time. and the pump has little if anything to do with forcing a muscle to grow bigger or stronger.
    Ya that's what I know. What I'm wondering is if it is the best workout for bi tri or if there is something better you guys know about
  7. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1679

    Reputation

    The "pump" has more than a "little" to do with growth. Study FST-7 and 4X training. That pump is the muscle gorged with nutrient rich blood, feeding the muscle and expanding the fascia. However there is a bit of a difference in a pump after 20 working reps, and a pump after 10-12 ball-busting reps cranked out in a set throughout 4 sets with thirty or so seconds between each set. So by the forth set your arms ( for instance) are so jacked and exhausted, you can't reach up to scratch your head
  8. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    101788

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    the best is a workout you do hard enough and recovery well enough from to do it harder next next. the details of reps, sets, intensity, frequency, and volume doesnt matter if you dont work hard enough and recover hard enough.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  9. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    The "pump" has more than a "little" to do with growth. Study FST-7 and 4X training. That pump is the muscle gorged with nutrient rich blood, feeding the muscle and expanding the fascia. However there is a bit of a difference in a pump after 20 working reps, and a pump after 10-12 ball-busting reps cranked out in a set throughout 4 sets with thirty or so seconds between each set. So by the forth set your arms ( for instance) are so jacked and exhausted, you can't reach up to scratch your head
    Good feelin indeed.

    Some1 brought up to me the FST7, I'm going to look into the 4x training... No experience on that 1 yet.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. gvt supersets?
    By live to lift in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
  2. Supersets
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 05:58 AM
  3. new workout with supersets
    By hounded66 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM
  4. Supersets and Trisets
    By Joshua86 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:10 AM
  5. Max OT or Supersets for weightloss
    By Deccadick in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in