OLD dudes - like me.....

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any of you all remember that old school forearm machine where you had to put plates in it and then sequeeze two bars together. I cannot for the life of me find the name or a PIC of it.

I was out of town and worked out at some dump/dungeon gym and they had one and I loved it!

I am trying to get MY gym to get one and he said he would as he recalls loving it too but neither of us can find the name or pics to even pursue this.

Little Help?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Found it! What's this thing called! Anyone know of any online stores that sell this?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Found it! What's this thing called! Anyone know of any online stores that sell this?
Wow, I remember seeing those at Dunhams sporting goods back in the day when I was doing Kung fu and wanted to beef up my forearms. I got the bar with the cable you twist up with the weight on the end instead. I wouldn't doubt they stopped making it due to people not using it right or lack of popularity. You could try Dunhams but you may have more luck looking thru Craigslist adds or posting on fitness forums to see if someone has one lying around they'd sell.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im on a mission!
LOL Thanks ;)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about the wooden dowel and rope? I used that and did the twisty thing back in high school lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe Im an idiot but.... what are these 2 different devices and how the heck are they used? :p

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
What about the wooden dowel and rope? I used that and did the twisty thing back in high school lol
I made one outa a bamboo stick and a Nintendo controller cable back In the day and tied a dumbell to the other end cus I wanted shredded forearms like Bruce lee after buying his training book when I was a kid . I have a metal one now i never use but always mean to since my forearms could use the attention they never get ;-)

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOLOL

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bwahahaha U aint lyin! Good Point :D

Seriously I wouldn't feel too comfortable if some dude at the gym was standing there just holding that thing behind me. Lmao!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Those work great for shredding your forearms up. But wtf is that other thing that looks like a set of beach handlebars with a weight attachment up front ?

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Lol that one is scary. Personally for my fore arms I love farmer walks and my gym has a hammer strength gripper

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude - that thing is wicked cool!

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you can like load 5-6 plates on it. Not that I have had that many on it

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
That's a first for me. I've never saw anything like that before. It would be Awsome to try out!

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
It is an awesome little machine load a couple plate and squeeze til your forearms beg for mercy. ;-)