Hurt my shoulder doung dips!

goingtogrow

Awards
I did some dips today and I
Think my form skipped and I leaned to far and went to deep and the was a sharp
Pain all of a sudden. I stopped doing the dips and carried on with other lifts. It still nagged a but when doing shoulder press and bicep curls. It's in the front of my left delt. I'm not going to do dips again now for a long time. I don't think my shoulders are ready for it. You guys think
I could of done some permernant damage? I have 3 days rest now. ATM I'm ice it and anti
Inflamotury pills. It still hurts but only a little bit if pressure is out on it?

Ugh iv only just started training again :(

goingtogrow

Awards
After icing it it does feel better, maybe I inflamed a tendon? I hope I don't get it come back on Monday when I work my chest :(

Chalkblok

Awards
Sounds like u just tweaked it man.. give it a rest.. dont stop dips when your ready to do them again. Just dont go as deep and try to keep your knees below the line of your chin. This will keep you in a straight position, do halfys, you will still get great burn. Build them delts up bro, make em bulletproof. BUT guess i dont have to tell ya if sharp wincing pain comes back... X ray time!!

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Dips can be a very stressful movement on the shoulders, clavicle, and chest joints. Go really easy on pressing movements for a week or so. Then wait good couple months till u revisit dips and listen to ur body. If something feels little off don't push thru. Dips can Jack u up man.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dips can be a very stressful movement on the shoulders, clavicle, and chest joints. Go really easy on pressing movements for a week or so. Then wait good couple months till u revisit dips and listen to ur body. If something feels little off don't push thru. Dips can Jack u up man.
Dips are a young man's game.. Like before he messed up his shoulders chasing after that 400 pound bench for 20 years.....LOL

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
I do dips with 135lbs strapped to me... yet I can hop on that dip bar with no weight and just go down wrong and tweak my shoulder--similar to how you did.
My recommendation, don't do dips for a few weeks. When you do them again be careful with form and if there is any signs of pain then stop. Ease back into them over time. Then again, a week from now you could pop right back on that dip bar, strap on 90lbs and be 100% okay.

GL.

goingtogrow

Awards
Thanks for the replys guys! Will I still be ok to work my chest next week? I'm not a fan of been because I have a pec imbalance and I did read that dumbbells can help to fix this. I'm thinking 4x8-10 incline dumbbell press and then 3xfailure pushups?

Again thanks for the advice guys :)

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replys guys! Will I still be ok to work my chest next week? I'm not a fan of been because I have a pec imbalance and I did read that dumbbells can help to fix this. I'm thinking 4x8-10 incline dumbbell press and then 3xfailure pushups?

Again thanks for the advice guys :)
Pec imbalances normally have to do with a lot more than just dumbbells vs bb. I recommend making sure ur back is proportionally developed. Make sure u have full mobility in both shoulders. Last lighten ur weight and focus on ur mind muscle conection. Make sure ur putting all the weight on ur chest .

goingtogrow

Awards
Pec imbalances normally have to do with a lot more than just dumbbells vs bb. I recommend making sure ur back is proportionally developed. Make sure u have full mobility in both shoulders. Last lighten ur weight and focus on ur mind muscle conection. Make sure ur putting all the weight on ur chest .
How could I check my shoulders mobility out? You know that mind muscle connection could be a good point. When ever I do any workout for my chest I feel most of the burn in my triceps! My triceps are bigger than my biceps if that makes sense lol :/

What about my back? Is there a way to check its ok? I do think my pec imbalance could be to do with my insertion points. I'm right handed yet my left pec is stronger than my right :/

Sorry for all the questions but I would rather learn now than later!

Thanks

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
From personal experience when I lean forward to hit the chest I feel some discomfort.. But if I keep straight for tris nothing.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
How could I check my shoulders mobility out? You know that mind muscle connection could be a good point. When ever I do any workout for my chest I feel most of the burn in my triceps! My triceps are bigger than my biceps if that makes sense lol :/

What about my back? Is there a way to check its ok? I do think my pec imbalance could be to do with my insertion points. I'm right handed yet my left pec is stronger than my right :/

Thanks
For the shoulder mobility try facing the wall and crawling up with yur fingers with both yu shud feel the difference if there is any.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
Best bet is to get a good trainer to kinda get you on your feet. Postural assessment, flexibility test and such is what you need. Strengthen ur week points. Building mind muscle connection.. all these things you could learn with an experienced trainer in a much quicker pace than just kinda learning as u go.

sina

Banned
Awards
Take it easy a bit on pressing movements, ice it, anti-inflammatories.