• Established
That's legit I am training for such accomplishments
Good Job

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That guy is in incredible shape. Congrats on the recognition to both of you.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
How do you do the "giant sets" he describes in his program? Do you do one set from each exercise then move onto the next exercise for one set until all sets are completed?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you do the "giant sets" he describes in his program? Do you do one set from each exercise then move onto the next exercise for one set until all sets are completed?
Giant sets are actually the correct term for what most people refer to as supersets. There's no such thing as supersetting 2 exercises that work the same muscles ... that would be giant set-ting. Supersets work different muscles, sometimes opposing muscles (sometimes not).

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first round of giant sets for "assistance" are done with 20-40 seconds rest between exercises.

The second set..or Core complex..is done back to back followed by a 1 min or so rest.

Br

and yes, Ethan's a beast

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
The first round of giant sets for "assistance" are done with 20-40 seconds rest between exercises.

The second set..or Core complex..is done back to back followed by a 1 min or so rest.

Br

and yes, Ethan's a beast
So for the tri sets and giant sets you go through and complete the required number of sets for one exercise before moving onto the next?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, they are done as a rotation.

So, for tri sets

10 reps exercise 1
30 sec rest
10 reps exercise 2
30 sec rest
10 reps ex 3
30 sec rest
(1 set)
repeat

Br

So for the tri sets and giant sets you go through and complete the required number of sets for one exercise before moving onto the next?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Do you do tri and giant sets during contest prep only or are they staple in your routines? I honestly got sore just thinking about it, but I should at least start super setting to cut my gym time.