Anyone do this kind of split?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I rarely if ever see or hear of anyone using it. Just curious what the thoughts were. All exercises done as super sets. On an iPhone so I can't list all exercises individually but I'm sure you get the point using pretty basic weight lifting exercises.

Monday- chest/bis

Wednesday- back/tris

Friday- legs/shoulders

Each day closed out with abs.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good to me, I actually implement this strategy 50% of the time I go into the gym

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I prefer a split like this more then the more standard chest/tris , back/bis. To me it makes more sense to not hit an opposing muscle group during a split. Your already hiting the tris with chest and you get some bi work with back so your bis an tris are getting overworked. going this way instead I always feel I hit both groups the (chest/bi and back/tri) the hardest with the heaviest weight I can handle and I get by default two arm workouts in a week (light tri on chest day with heavy concentrated bi and the opposite for back day)

marcom10

Awards
I do this split and I like it a lot. Works for me because I can blast my bis or tris to the fullest instead of combining tris with chest for example where they are usually shot after a heavy chest workout

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
i think ill give this split a go for a little, nice to try and mix it up

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Funny you posted this, I had been thinking about switching to something like that. Ive been doing the chest/tri, back/bi split for a while now

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
You'd be better off training upper/lower.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel like your arms are recovering enough following this split setup?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel like your arms are recovering enough following this split setup?
If they feel fatigued I'll rotate the 3 days around to allow a specific muscle group to recover longer. Or switch to a different setup

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I have done this split but I never trained legs w/ another muscle group. My leg workout is taxing on its own lol. I have done this split for a month to shock some change into my body. I feel that even though I cut my sets shorter cuz I'm mixing chest/bi and back/tri; after 4 weeks I feel that I do not recooperate fast enough. 1 month w/ a split like this works for me and than I go back to doing a single body part a day

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Well that would fit into the last day which is shoulders/legs.
That's not what my post was in reference to.

I was meaning like this.

Monday- Upper Body
Tuesday- Lower Body
Thursday- Upper Body
Friday- Lower Body