The Iron Man Thread - Bench Training / Journal

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Looking good brother!

    Thinking of adding in Osta rx myself.
    Thanks heavy!
    I am liking the Osta so far, and am actually surprised that my lifts have been going back up despite not being on cycle (was expecting my strength to keep plummeting). However, I am pretty confident that I will be back to a 395-405lbs bench by next Monday
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete






  2. Smith Shoulder Press
    135lbs - 10
    225lbs - 7
    325lbs Drop Set, recorded
    345lbs Drop Set, Recorded

    Dips
    3-45lbs plates - 5 reps
    2-45lbs plates - 7 reps

    Tricep Pushdowns
    80lbs - 5
    100lbs - 5

    Reverse Grip
    40lbs - 20
    50lbs - 20
    50lbs - 25

    Very pushups
    10
    9
    7
    6

    dead
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
    •   
       


  3. Going to be a good leg day!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  4. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Going to be a good leg day!
    Git'r dun!!

    Doing bench and back today myself. Should be fun times.

  5. Leg day

    Squat:
    135lbs - 8
    225lbs - 4
    275lbs - 3 sets of 3 reps --- gotta build these legs up slowly, be patient with me.

    Leg Curls 210/170/130lbs - superset, no rest
    Set 1: 5 / 8 / 10 reps
    Set 2: 8 / 7 / 5 reps

    Hammer Strength free weight Ham String (unilateral): 2 - 45's--1 each side
    3 sets of 5 reps
    4 sets of calf raises

    Pull ups (bodyweight) palms facing me:
    10
    7
    10
    7
    8
    6
    7
    Minimal rest.

    Cybpex preacher curl
    70lbs - 20
    90lbs - 16
    110lbs - 8

    Now I rest until Monday
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Git'r dun!!

    Doing bench and back today myself. Should be fun times.
    How your routine go!?
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    How your routine go!?
    It was ok. Shoulder did not cooperate with me on the flat bench (happens every 3rd time I try to flat bench, I feel like), however I made up for it on the incline. The back stuff was great. Just got back with a hunger that I don't think I can quench if I used all the food and drinks left in my fridge.

    Say, how often do you squat a week? I ask because it might be a good idea to have a day (could be when you deadlift) where you do several sets of squats with a lower, but challenging, weight, just to get in the groove of the move, improve your technique and speed, all of which will support a bigger squat.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    It was ok. Shoulder did not cooperate with me on the flat bench (happens every 3rd time I try to flat bench, I feel like), however I made up for it on the incline. The back stuff was great. Just got back with a hunger that I don't think I can quench if I used all the food and drinks left in my fridge.

    Say, how often do you squat a week? I ask because it might be a good idea to have a day (could be when you deadlift) where you do several sets of squats with a lower, but challenging, weight, just to get in the groove of the move, improve your technique and speed, all of which will support a bigger squat.
    That is a good idea.
    we usually only do squats on Friday.
    Maybe I will try to throw in a few sets in on Mondays. We are just usually so dead after lifting.

    As for your shoulder that sucks... I have a bicep injury that comes and goes. Drives me nuts.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  9. I cant even imagine how much bigger your upper body will get as you continue to blast legs..

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jenx View Post
    I cant even imagine how much bigger your upper body will get as you continue to blast legs..
    haha I look forward to it!!!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  11. Went to the gym, did some stomach. Walked there and back...didn't want to be a lazy all day.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  12. watched some of your vids...solid dude! im trying to get to 200 myself
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  13. I'm sure you will get asked this every 48 hours lol but how is the ostra treating you?

    Also, do you use much cable work into your chest routine? I personally love cables with the chest

  14. Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    I'm sure you will get asked this every 48 hours lol but how is the ostra treating you?

    Also, do you use much cable work into your chest routine? I personally love cables with the chest
    I am a fan of the Osta. Usually when you go off cycle the weights you lift drop quite significantly. However, with the Osta I have seen the weights steadily increasing. Found this to be surprising. Osta is definitly an effective product.

    As for cables in my chest routine, we do them sometimes... Just depends if the machine is available or not.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  15. About to go hard in the gym. Chest day.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  16. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    About to go hard in the gym. Chest day.
    chest day, best day!!

  17. Yesterdays chest routine:

    Flat Bench:
    135lbs - 15
    225lbs - 10
    315lbs - 10

    Drop Sets--flat bench

    Drop Set 1: 385lbs - 1 rep --- 345lbs - 3 reps --- 315lbs - 5 reps
    Drop Set 2: 375lbs - 1 rep --- 345lbs - 3 reps --- 295lbs - 5 reps

    Hammer Strength ISO lateral incline bench
    Set 1: 8 45lbs plates (4 each side) 4 reps
    Set 2: 6 plates - 7 reps
    Set 3: 4 plates - 16 reps

    FLy + DB Press superset (40lbs)
    10 + 17 press
    7 + 15 press
    10 + 7 press

    Pushups
    40
    40
    25
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  18. Do you guys think I "under train" ?
    Think I should kick it up a notch with the weights (amount of sets, increase workouts, etc).
    I KNOW I should kick it up a notch with the cardio...

    I want to start building for competitions so give me some feedback.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  19. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Do you guys think I "under train" ?
    Think I should kick it up a notch with the weights (amount of sets, increase workouts, etc).
    I KNOW I should kick it up a notch with the cardio...

    I want to start building for competitions so give me some feedback.





    I think it all depends. I never go to the gym with the intent on doing a "set" number of any workout. If its chest day and im cruising along, i go until my body says ive had enough. As long as your putting the same effort on each body part, i think your doing good. Hell you look like a beast, so your doing something right.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jenx View Post
    I think it all depends. I never go to the gym with the intent on doing a "set" number of any workout. If its chest day and im cruising along, i go until my body says ive had enough. As long as your putting the same effort on each body part, i think your doing good. Hell you look like a beast, so your doing something right.
    Thanks brother, just am always trying to improve.
    Trying to rally my buddy to go on 1 hour walks intermixed with slow jog with me all spring / summer everyday. Just to 1) get some sun, and 2) stay active, but I don't wanna build a bunch of calories by jogging / running.

    To this in addition to lifting everyday, see if I can't slim down a bit in all the right places (keep building muscles, burn a bit of fat).
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  21. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Thanks brother, just am always trying to improve.
    Trying to rally my buddy to go on 1 hour walks intermixed with slow jog with me all spring / summer everyday. Just to 1) get some sun, and 2) stay active, but I don't wanna build a bunch of calories by jogging / running.

    To this in addition to lifting everyday, see if I can't slim down a bit in all the right places (keep building muscles, burn a bit of fat).
    I see no problem with the walking/jogging plan.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I see no problem with the walking/jogging plan.
    We wen't today. Wasn't bad, got some sun. Brought the dog with us, she was loving life... She probably only loved it because it stormed last night so there were giant puddles everywhere and she would run and dive in them, without those puddles she probably would have died from heat, poor girl.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  23. Forgot my journal for yesterday's workout. But here is a rough outline:

    Deadlifts
    1 set warmup
    3 sets 225lbs

    Hammer Strength Row Machine
    6 sets 225lbs

    Cybex pullover Machine
    3 sets 140lbs

    Stomach

    I think thats it. nothing special

    Descent shoulder / tricep workout today. Will log it tomorrow when I have the journal in front of me. It was intense because we did all back to back sets, minimal rest.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  24. Saturday morning, time to hit some legs!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  25. Back Day

    Wide Pullups (behind neck) + 25lbs
    Reps: 5
    5
    6
    6

    Palms facing you Pullups + Bendover Row superset
    +25lbs - 6 reps --- 135lbs - 10 reps
    +25lbs - 6 reps --- 155lbs - 10 reps
    Body - 12 reps --- 155lbs - 10 reps
    Body - 8 reps --- 155lbs - 10 reps

    T- Bar Rows (45's)
    3 plates - 10
    4 plates 4 + 6 (had to readjust)
    4 plates 6

    Db Pullover
    90lbs
    10
    10
    13 reps

    Stomach
    4 sets, body weight €‹
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  26. Very late. But in.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by scw538 View Post
    Very late. But in.
    Thanks for the support!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  28. Back Day

    Wide Pullups (behind neck) + 25lbs
    Reps: 5
    5
    6
    6

    Palms facing you Pullups + Bendover Row superset
    +25lbs - 6 reps --- 135lbs - 10 reps
    +25lbs - 6 reps --- 155lbs - 10 reps
    Body - 12 reps --- 155lbs - 10 reps
    Body - 8 reps --- 155lbs - 10 reps

    T- Bar Rows (45's)
    3 plates - 10
    4 plates 4 + 6 (had to readjust)
    4 plates 6

    Db Pullover
    90lbs
    10
    10
    13 reps

    Stomach
    4 sets, body weight €‹
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  29. Solid lifting in today. No PR's but I didn't shoot for any either. Hell did free weight shoulder press (seated) for the first time in months today (usually use smith) and I wasn't too dissapointed with the weight I put up--we all know smith Vs Free are two diff ball games. However, I have no doubt that a month or two of free weight shoulder press and I would be putting up impressive numbers (just don't do them, so not used to it).

    DeadLift:
    135lbs -8
    225lbs - 5
    245lbs - 5
    315lbs - 1 (50% lift, using the bars so the weight is up some)
    315lbs - 3 ^^ Same

    Free weight Seated Shoulder--if I can do these again next week, I expect the numbers to progress rapidly e.g. next week 265 for 5-6 easy
    135lbs - 12
    185lbs - 10
    225lbs - 6
    245lbs - 5

    DB Front raise 40lbs - 3 sets of 5 reps
    DB rear delt 25lbs - 3 sets of 15 reps

    Shoulder Shrug (225lbs) + DB Shoulder press (80lbs) super set
    10 --- 8 reps
    10 --- 10 reps
    10 --- 16 reps -- push it to the limit

    Vertical Pushups
    10
    8
    9 reps
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  30. ima doing a thread too, which i got the idea from you. i just want to say keep moving that weight, you're beasting it up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -
    By StackedCop in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
  2. D-Humps Training Journal.
    By DHumphreys in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
  3. Training Journal
    By Pencil_Neck in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 01:58 AM
  4. Jjohn's Training Journal
    By jjohn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:57 AM
  5. My Diet/training Journal
    By Blindfaith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 01:09 AM
Log in
Log in