The Iron Man Thread - Bench Training / Journal

Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    maybe doing Deadlifts on Saturday is a bad idea... Hell we were still sore on Monday... Even though it isn't chest, maybe just being fatigued took a lil gas from us...maybe i am just looking for excuses
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The neural component of dead lifts is so great that even though its a lower body dominant movement and incorporates little that (would seem) to do with the bench press...it is so neurally demanding that it will affect your lifts the next day or even the day after.

    Br


  2. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The neural component of dead lifts is so great that even though its a lower body dominant movement and incorporates little that (would seem) to do with the bench press...it is so neurally demanding that it will affect your lifts the next day or even the day after.

    Br
    Makes sense,
    going to do Deads on Wed this week...
    Which I am sure will negatively impact my shoulder routine--especially sense we do standing shoulders but hell. Gotta have a sacrifice in ther esomewhere
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
    •   
       


  3. Eat and sleep. Food on the plate = weight on the bar.

  4. Tuesday - Back Day.

    Warmup:
    Barbell Bendover Row: 135lbs 2 sets of 8
    Working Sets- 190lbs
    Set 1 - 10 reps
    Set 2 - 12 reps
    Set 3 - 12 reps
    Set 4 - 10 reps rest 3 secs + 3 reps

    Hammer Strength Iso Lateral Front lat pull (first time using this machine, probably going to use it more often) Weight: 2-45lbs plates on each side
    Set 1: 5 reps --- ouch
    Set 2: 10 reps
    Set 3: 6 reps + 2 with spot

    Pullups: 8 reps -- my partner didn't want to do anymore... ****er

    DB Pull over:
    100lbs - 9 reps
    85lbs - 11 reps
    85lbs - 9 + 1 rep


    Rest ~ 5 mins?

    Arms:
    Straight bar 80lbs
    4 sets of 12 reps

    21s - 50lbs - 4 sets

    Reverse curl 40lbs - 4 sets of 10 reps.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  5. Decided to go to the gym AGAIN today. Just to do deadlifts. Figured we would knock them out today, and rest Wed. This way we aren't too dead for Thursday and don't have bench issues again on Monday.
    Stuck with my rules and did a small weight increase--and still did the volume.
    165lbs - 10 sets of 10 reps.

    then did some stomach on a Cybex Modular Abdominal machine (this thing is killer).

    Anyway, I know my deadlifts aren't very impressive. but I assure you 100 reps of any weight gets painful. But my deadlifts do need plentyyyy of work.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
    •   
       


  6. Name:  boss.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  99.6 KB

    Name:  boss2.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  92.1 KB
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Decided to go to the gym AGAIN today. Just to do deadlifts. Figured we would knock them out today, and rest Wed. This way we aren't too dead for Thursday and don't have bench issues again on Monday.
    Stuck with my rules and did a small weight increase--and still did the volume.
    165lbs - 10 sets of 10 reps.

    then did some stomach on a Cybex Modular Abdominal machine (this thing is killer).

    Anyway, I know my deadlifts aren't very impressive. but I assure you 100 reps of any weight gets painful. But my deadlifts do need plentyyyy of work.
    You are a thick dude.

    Are you resetting grip with each rep on the dead lifts or touching and going?

    Br

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    You are a thick dude.

    Are you resetting grip with each rep on the dead lifts or touching and going?

    Br
    My grip varies a bit with each set (sometimes wider, sometimes closer)
    but my feet stay wide and my grip is the same per rep.

    And yeah I am kinda thick, the week of drinking in panama caused me to drop from ~204 to 200 and right now I am 198 !!!
    Those pics were taken last night.

    Also, can't pose for **** going to watch some educational videos on that this week.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  9. A nice day of rest...
    Tomorrow shoulders -- and videos!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  10. Does nobody read this thread?
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  11. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown
    Decided to go to the gym AGAIN today. Just to do deadlifts. Figured we would knock them out today, and rest Wed. This way we aren't too dead for Thursday and don't have bench issues again on Monday.
    Stuck with my rules and did a small weight increase--and still did the volume.
    165lbs - 10 sets of 10 reps.

    then did some stomach on a Cybex Modular Abdominal machine (this thing is killer).

    Anyway, I know my deadlifts aren't very impressive. but I assure you 100 reps of any weight gets painful. But my deadlifts do need plentyyyy of work.
    What tempo are you using for DLs? A 100 reps sounds crazy.
    Well done on the second wo of the day! That's right about weight increases. And although I think you should be able to easily do more weight on those, there is no reason to rush them especially as previous workout hit you hard. I hope you'll recover faster this time.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html

  12. Thursday... Shoulders and Triceps

    Standing Shoulder Press: these are an explosive movement not meant for concentration. Instead they are for raw strength. If you have any issues with the way these are performed and think you know better, well check out Pumping Iron, Lou, does this lift.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqY5woMdv4A
    I get a lot of flack about this and the range of motion / explosion upwards using the knees, and all I can say is...you do it. After, report back how you feel.

    VIDEOS for Shoulder Routine

    185lbs


    205lbs


    135lbs - 10 reps
    155lbs - 10 reps
    185lbs - ~ 15 reps
    205lbs - ~ 9 reps

    Obviously I cannot move up in weight, my 205lbs reps are too low. So next week I will have to try to break past 10!

    Next we took a brief break from the shoulders and did a bit of cleans, just a brief break before moving to the next left and this lets me work on one of my weaknesses some more
    Cleans:
    125lbs - 8 reps
    125lbs - 7 reps

    DB Press (Now we move to a more concentrated shoulder motion)
    VIDEO


    80lbs - 2 sets of 12 reps

    Smith Machine Press
    VIDEO


    225lbs - 13 reps
    225lbs - 15 reps

    Triceps Incline Skull (Tried these after I saw them posted by Aaron)
    VIDEO
    90 lbs + bar


    120lbs + bar


    90+bar - 12 reps
    120 + bar - 10
    100 + bar - 10 --- had to lighten the load a bit, my triceps are still a bit fatigued (surprisingly) from chest Monday, but I am a fan of these skulls


    Cybex Lateral Raise (forgot to record)
    120lbs - 15 reps
    100lbs - 15 reps
    80lbs - 17 reps

    Tricep Pushdown

    VIDEO


    60lbs - 15 reps
    60lbs - 10 reps
    60lbs - 10 reps
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  13. Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    What tempo are you using for DLs? A 100 reps sounds crazy.
    Well done on the second wo of the day! That's right about weight increases. And although I think you should be able to easily do more weight on those, there is no reason to rush them especially as previous workout hit you hard. I hope you'll recover faster this time.
    Agreed on needing to get my dead lifts stronger.

    As far as tempo, I have always gone with how I subjectively feel and how my partners do. Usually about 2 mins between sets.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  14. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown
    Does nobody read this thread?
    I read it...

  15. Just saw this. Interesting... What is ur height?
    "Liver stress is weakness leaving the body!!"

  16. Quote Originally Posted by supraseed48 View Post
    Just saw this. Interesting... What is ur height?
    I am 5'5
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  17. Good weight on that frame. Ill keep a check on this for updates. This forum rocks by the way. Lot of wisdom here if u can see through the bs occasionally. Keep up the good work bro....
    "Liver stress is weakness leaving the body!!"

  18. Quote Originally Posted by supraseed48 View Post
    Good weight on that frame. Ill keep a check on this for updates. This forum rocks by the way. Lot of wisdom here if u can see through the bs occasionally. Keep up the good work bro....
    Thanks bud,
    good to see someone actually checked it out. I am new here also and been posting but don't get a whole lot of feedback,
    then when I join other threads I just get cussed out by keyboard-lifters.
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  19. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown

    Thanks bud,
    good to see someone actually checked it out. I am new here also and been posting but don't get a whole lot of feedback,
    then when I join other threads I just get cussed out by keyboard-lifters.
    Most are here to learn and share. Some are here to take out their insecurity on others. Ha! Just ignore the latter. I try to keep an open mind cause I don't know it all. Been weight training 20 years. The new perspectives Im learning will hopefully motivate me to train 20 more.
    "Liver stress is weakness leaving the body!!"

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Thursday... Shoulders and Triceps

    Standing Shoulder Press: these are an explosive movement not meant for concentration. Instead they are for raw strength. If you have any issues with the way these are performed and think you know better, well check out Pumping Iron, Lou, does this lift.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqY5woMdv4A
    I get a lot of flack about this and the range of motion / explosion upwards using the knees, and all I can say is...you do it. After, report back how you feel.
    That's more of a "push press" then regular shoulder press. For the nay-sayers: it allows to use more weight because some power is generated from the lower body, however it hits you on the negatives with more weight than regular shoulder press would.

    Any reason for not going to a full extension other than not getting much lats involvement?

    I'd add some work for posterior delts to balance out heavy anterior delts work. Check out http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldW...#anchor1934542

    I have to try incline skulls; only ever done them seated or lying.

    You push some solid weight. I am still getting there haha

    Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Agreed on needing to get my dead lifts stronger.

    As far as tempo, I have always gone with how I subjectively feel and how my partners do. Usually about 2 mins between sets.
    Post a video of your DLs as well. Might be some quick fixes to your technique.

    Tempos always puzzled me. Last thing on my mind when moving weight is counting seconds. LOL.
    But it's definitely harder to do DLs in slow speed than more explosive.
    I do about 2-3 mins between heavy sets and 60-90s between 10RMs.

    Quote Originally Posted by supraseed48 View Post
    Most are here to learn and share. Some are here to take out their insecurity on others. Ha! Just ignore the latter. I try to keep an open mind cause I don't know it all. Been weight training 20 years. The new perspectives Im learning will hopefully motivate me to train 20 more.
    Agreed. Been doing some endurance running for a while and weight training for about 3 years and only got really serious last year. Still lots to learn.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown View Post
    Does nobody read this thread?
    yes indeed. just haven't chimed in. All I have to add so far is that you sir, are an animal. respect.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg View Post
    yes indeed. just haven't chimed in. All I have to add so far is that you sir, are an animal. respect.
    ehh thanks bro, am working hard and trying to do bodybuilding competitions in the future!
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  23. UKNoko,
    Agreed the term is "push press" I love em
    Great explosive power.

    I will post my deadlift form next week.

    As for rear delts, i was thinking my bend-over rows work em quite a bit. But, now that you mention it I could use a bit more. Thanks for the link. I think I will experiment with reverse flyes
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete

  24. Quote Originally Posted by kBrown
    UKNoko,
    Agreed the term is "push press" I love em
    Great explosive power.

    I will post my deadlift form next week.

    As for rear delts, i was thinking my bend-over rows work em quite a bit. But, now that you mention it I could use a bit more. Thanks for the link. I think I will experiment with reverse flyes
    Yeah, bent-over rows certainly use them amongst the whole list of other back muscles. Reverse flyes should be a good addition to focus on rear delts. Let me know when you try it out!
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html

  25. 10x10 squat routine today.
    only 145lbs.

    however, I was DEAD after
    www.facebook.com/KBrownFitness
    MRSupps Muscle Research Athlete
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. StaCkedCop's training journal - A Iron Addict's Log -
    By StackedCop in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 746
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 01:34 PM
  2. D-Humps Training Journal.
    By DHumphreys in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 05:20 AM
  3. Training Journal
    By Pencil_Neck in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
  4. Jjohn's Training Journal
    By jjohn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
  5. My Diet/training Journal
    By Blindfaith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 12:09 AM
Log in
Log in