Workout routine for cutting

ajr2434

Awards
Hey I was wondering what a good routine for cutting was I recently lost about 10 pounds and I'm at 175 right now and I'm 5'7 I want to get more lean and convert that little bit of excess ft to lean muscle. Just look for a little advise as too rep range and splits thanks

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I was wondering what a good routine for cutting was I recently lost about 10 pounds and I'm at 175 right now and I'm 5'7 I want to get more lean and convert that little bit of excess ft to lean muscle. Just look for a little advise as too rep range and splits thanks
Fat can't "turn into muscle" which is one reason powerlifters are built like hogs.Diet is key.Eat 200 below maint calories and tapper down 100 calories after 9 days(the split duration) to a max of 500 deficit.Cut out starchy carbs if you want single digit bodyfat easy.Don't cut carbs completely,just make sure they are complex carbs.Just note that.Calories in and calories out!That being said...it's very important not to over do the session because you are cutting...yet you still want to stimulate the muscle.Here's a good routine

Split is a 4 split instead of 3.

Rep's are kept between 8-12 sets are kept from 2-3 sets.

Chest/bi's:DB bench press,DB flys,incline Bicep curls,Wide hand placement push up(help your core aswell)
Off
Legs/abs:Squats(or legpress),Lunges,Calf raises(standing or sitting),Captins chair leg raises.
Off
Back/tri's: db rows,Dips,Lat pull downs,pull ups or chin ups
Off
Shoulders:db side raises,Shrugs,DB shoulder press and rear delt flys.
Off
Off

Throw in your choice of cardio on 1 or 2 if your brave of those off days.Once at desired bodyfat....this is important!EAT AT MAINTAIN CALORIES FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO STABILIZE WEIGHT!Don't go straight into bulking.You will be cut in no time!Hope I helped and good luck!

EDIT:Just noticed my # of post and rep is the same.Rep me to fix that :D
My disclaimer:I would like to address the absence of deadlifts and olympic bars,more tricep work,much bicep work and no front delt work.Deadlifts can be dangerous even in a calorie surplus and should be avoided while cutting in my opinion.dumbbells are great for stability and to even out lagging body parts.Switching to them for a month can actually make you stronger on your barbell lifts!You get plenty of tricep work with the DB benchpress+push ups+dips.Enough to stimulate them anyway.Biceps are worked plenty aswell if you choose chin ups!You get the incline curls+chin ups and you get alot of front delt from using DUMBELLS for your pressing movements.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't change your lifting routine. Always train with as much intensity as possible. Losing fat is going to happen mainly through diet manipulation and cardio.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
an increase in blood sugar causes an increase in insulin which causes an increase in adipose tissue. so avoid foods that cause a quick dramatic increase in blood sugar namely, carbs.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Don't change your lifting routine. Always train with as much intensity as possible. Losing fat is going to happen mainly through diet manipulation and cardio.
^ This.

If you want to lose fat it's not routine focused it's nutritional focused. Cut some carbohydrates out and up your protein intake.