Pain/ stalled on incline bench

lboston

lboston

Awards
Lately my incline barbell bench does not seem to be as strong as it was a couple weeks ago. Nothing has changed significantly in regards to diet. However, I feel mUCH more tension in my font dealt, upper chest area on my right side then I used to.

Could I be working my way towards an injury? Ive been doing incline for about 5 weeks staring on this push, pull, legs routine I've been following. Seeing good results...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have someone videotape you doing the movement. Then you can look for asymetries:
one shoulder higher or more protracted than the other, elbow positioning, bar angle (both vertical and horizontal), etc.

Doing so should answer your question.

Br

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
It might be bad form I guess... Videotaping and posting it is a good idea suggested by Zir Red, people might be able to point out some mistakes if there are any.... And One more thing, that is REST... Are you taking proper rest? providing enough time to your muscles be rested? You might consider having some off days (if it's a rest issue)

lboston

lboston

Awards
how long before that was the last time you did inclines?
Easy-it was 7 days since the last incline. When I said I've been doing in one for 5 weeks, I shoulda said in this program. I've been doing them for years otherwise.

lboston

lboston

Awards
I've had some guys at the gym and a couple trainers check my form--they say it's good. Should a switch it out to db flat bench for a couple weeks?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had some guys at the gym and a couple trainers check my form--they say it's good. Should a switch it out to db flat bench for a couple weeks?
Quite possibly the 2 worst people you could ask...just sayin ;)

Better off showing some of the guys around here a video, chances are they'll actually know a thing or two. In my experience, speaking with guys at the gym and trainers is a begging for self inflicted injuries.

lboston

lboston

Awards
I may try to post a bid, but these guys are natural armature bodybuilders...not just some random dudes. However, it would be nice to get more opinions.

More than anything I think I just need to try some heavy, then light weeks on the incline...been doing 5x5 on there for about 6 weeks now.