Looking for another tricep exercise, that I can do with free weights at home.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I am looking for an additional free weight tricep exercise that I can do. I am limited to free weights, since I can't drive I workout at home. I do tricep extensions with an ez bar behind the head and I have to wear elbow sleeves, so my elbows don't hurt. I want my arms to grow. I am doing extensions with the ez bar at 90 lbs including the bar and I just started curling with the EZ bar 55 pounds on each side and my arms unflexed are about 15" at the peak and about 16 1/2" flexed. Here is how my chest and tricep day looks
incline bench at 30 degree
flat bench with dbs
decline flies
tricep extensions
Also maybe something to mention I work my back and biceps the next day, so I don't want to tire out my arms too much that I can't curl the next day. I was thinking of adding in a close grip bench press. Good idea?

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Everything I have read says close grip bench is the way to add mass to your tris. I know I can move a lot more weight because of it being a compound movement and it will probably be less stress on the elbow. Just my opinion based on what I have read.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Everything I have read says close grip bench is the way to add mass to your tris. I know I can move a lot more weight because of it being a compound movement and it will probably be less stress on the elbow. Just my opinion based on what I have read.
Should I do close grip before or after extensions? I'm guessing before right?

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Should I do close grip before or after extensions? I'm guessing before right?
Doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Switch it up, and just make sure your nutrition is in check and you'll grow

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Close grip bench and dips are the biggest mass builders for triceps. If you don't have a dip set up then bench dips or even some chairs can work. For extra weight just lay the EZ bar across your lap with the added weight on it. I personally would do the big compounds first(CGBP,Dips) and the the others after.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Close grip bench and dips are the biggest mass builders for triceps. If you don't have a dip set up then bench dips or even some chairs can work. For extra weight just lay the EZ bar across your lap with the added weight on it. I personally would do the big compounds first(CGBP,Dips) and the the others after.
^^ this I forgot dips lol I just started putting them in. :facepalm:

Tboz

Banned
Awards
i would add more then 1 tricep exercise shoot for atleast 3 per workout

skullcrusher, overhead ext, db ext, kickbacks, close grip bench press, body weight dips

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would add more then 1 tricep exercise shoot for atleast 3 per workout

skullcrusher, overhead ext, db ext, kickbacks, close grip bench press, body weight dips
Good suggestions.Also diamond pushups.(weighted or just body weight.)

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tate Presses
Haha man, that was the first tricep building/accessory movement I ever did. I didn't even know what those were called until now. Cool