Looking for another tricep exercise, that I can do with free weights at home.

  1. Looking for another tricep exercise, that I can do with free weights at home.


    I am looking for an additional free weight tricep exercise that I can do. I am limited to free weights, since I can't drive I workout at home. I do tricep extensions with an ez bar behind the head and I have to wear elbow sleeves, so my elbows don't hurt. I want my arms to grow. I am doing extensions with the ez bar at 90 lbs including the bar and I just started curling with the EZ bar 55 pounds on each side and my arms unflexed are about 15" at the peak and about 16 1/2" flexed. Here is how my chest and tricep day looks
    incline bench at 30 degree
    flat bench with dbs
    decline flies
    tricep extensions
    Also maybe something to mention I work my back and biceps the next day, so I don't want to tire out my arms too much that I can't curl the next day. I was thinking of adding in a close grip bench press. Good idea?


  2. Everything I have read says close grip bench is the way to add mass to your tris. I know I can move a lot more weight because of it being a compound movement and it will probably be less stress on the elbow. Just my opinion based on what I have read.
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by farmtireguy View Post
    Everything I have read says close grip bench is the way to add mass to your tris. I know I can move a lot more weight because of it being a compound movement and it will probably be less stress on the elbow. Just my opinion based on what I have read.
    Should I do close grip before or after extensions? I'm guessing before right?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Should I do close grip before or after extensions? I'm guessing before right?
    Doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Switch it up, and just make sure your nutrition is in check and you'll grow

  5. Close grip bench and dips are the biggest mass builders for triceps. If you don't have a dip set up then bench dips or even some chairs can work. For extra weight just lay the EZ bar across your lap with the added weight on it. I personally would do the big compounds first(CGBP,Dips) and the the others after.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  6. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Close grip bench and dips are the biggest mass builders for triceps. If you don't have a dip set up then bench dips or even some chairs can work. For extra weight just lay the EZ bar across your lap with the added weight on it. I personally would do the big compounds first(CGBP,Dips) and the the others after.
    ^^ this I forgot dips lol I just started putting them in. :facepalm:
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.

  7. Seated overhead DB extensions if you have DBs.

  8. i would add more then 1 tricep exercise shoot for atleast 3 per workout

    skullcrusher, overhead ext, db ext, kickbacks, close grip bench press, body weight dips

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Tboz View Post
    i would add more then 1 tricep exercise shoot for atleast 3 per workout

    skullcrusher, overhead ext, db ext, kickbacks, close grip bench press, body weight dips
    Good suggestions.Also diamond pushups.(weighted or just body weight.)

  10. Tate Presses
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Tate Presses
    I keep saying I want to do these but never do! 8(
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Tate Presses
    Haha man, that was the first tricep building/accessory movement I ever did. I didn't even know what those were called until now. Cool
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Exercise at home
    By Elinc in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 07:27 PM
  2. Best tricep exercise?
    By tbarrows in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 12:55 AM
  3. Need a good tricep exercise I can do at home
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM
  4. Working out at home exercise videos
    By BigBoss1986 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
  5. Difference In Smith & Free Weights
    By candle25 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Log in
Log in