Pain after deadlifting

  1. Registered User
    jwayne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    Pain after deadlifting


    I was deadlifting last night and when i was finished i felt a kind of sharp pain in my lower abdomen above the pubic region to the right. nothing seriously bothersome but i was curious if anyones felt something similar? thanks

  2. Registered User
    Night Prowler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0


    More than likely a hernia. I have the same thing. I was recently at the doctors and he confirmed it. It's small and as long as everything stays in no surgery. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass though. Anybody have an ideas on how to deal with it or heal it?
  3. Registered User
    jwayne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by flyin808 View Post
    That sounds like hernia! Does it hurt to cough? Try putting your finger in your pubis synthesis and cough. If it hurts then you might have hernia..but I hope it's just a strain!
    I tried that and theres a bit of pain when i push on it but not necessarily extra pain when i cough. it seems to just be the pain of pushing on it. definitely nothing major though. is there anything other than a hernia that has similar symptons? and if i do have a hernia do you know if i can keep deadlifting and doing other things?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jwayne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Night Prowler View Post
    More than likely a hernia. I have the same thing. I was recently at the doctors and he confirmed it. It's small and as long as everything stays in no surgery. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass though. Anybody have an ideas on how to deal with it or heal it?
    how bad would you say your pain is? and do you always feel it when you do deads?
  5. Registered User
    Night Prowler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jwayne

    how bad would you say your pain is? and do you always feel it when you do deads?
    I have a high pain tolerance so it doesn't really hurt. I can feel it bulge and a little discomfort. On heavy lifts it can get bad enough to grab it after a lift. Most heavy leg lifts I will feel it. Deads, squats and leg press. It has been holding me back on leg workouts. The doctors solution was don't lift anything over 60 pounds. I'm well past that point.
  6. Registered User
    fadi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,163
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Night Prowler View Post
    I have a high pain tolerance so it doesn't really hurt. I can feel it bulge and a little discomfort. On heavy lifts it can get bad enough to grab it after a lift. Most heavy leg lifts I will feel it. Deads, squats and leg press. It has been holding me back on leg workouts. The doctors solution was don't lift anything over 60 pounds. I'm well past that point.
    High pain tolerance is great but not when it relates to injuries. Injuries won't heal if you keep on repeating the cause of the injury or similar activities. What is your game plan? keep going until when?
  7. Registered User
    Night Prowler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fadi

    High pain tolerance is great but not when it relates to injuries. Injuries won't heal if you keep on repeating the cause of the injury or similar activities. What is your game plan? keep going until when?
    That's a tough call. I'm self employed in construction and put in the same day as my employees. I'm not one of those bosses that pass the physical work to somebody else. As for the gym I have been slowly moving forward. I backed off how hard I was pushing myself and that has helped. I dropped some weight off leg press as well. One plus is having this reminds you to keep your core tight. If I get sloppy it let's you know in a hurry. Any thoughts on using a belt? Would there be any advantage to it? I figure I'm going to keep at it and try to use some kind of common sense. If I have a day where it's bothering me I have no problem doing a light workout. I could always try that cross fit thing for the summer. Lol I don't think so
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. deadlifting help
    By the gym rat in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 10:17 AM
  2. Getting low when deadlifting
    By itzgambino in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM
  3. Me deadlifting
    By Tomi18 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 09:53 AM
  4. deadlifting and squats
    By time lord in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 02:50 AM
  5. Deadlifting gear
    By pavb10 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in