Pain after deadlifting

jwayne

Awards
I was deadlifting last night and when i was finished i felt a kind of sharp pain in my lower abdomen above the pubic region to the right. nothing seriously bothersome but i was curious if anyones felt something similar? thanks

Night Prowler

Awards
More than likely a hernia. I have the same thing. I was recently at the doctors and he confirmed it. It's small and as long as everything stays in no surgery. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass though. Anybody have an ideas on how to deal with it or heal it?

jwayne

Awards
That sounds like hernia! Does it hurt to cough? Try putting your finger in your pubis synthesis and cough. If it hurts then you might have hernia..but I hope it's just a strain!
I tried that and theres a bit of pain when i push on it but not necessarily extra pain when i cough. it seems to just be the pain of pushing on it. definitely nothing major though. is there anything other than a hernia that has similar symptons? and if i do have a hernia do you know if i can keep deadlifting and doing other things?

jwayne

Awards
More than likely a hernia. I have the same thing. I was recently at the doctors and he confirmed it. It's small and as long as everything stays in no surgery. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass though. Anybody have an ideas on how to deal with it or heal it?
how bad would you say your pain is? and do you always feel it when you do deads?

Night Prowler

Awards
how bad would you say your pain is? and do you always feel it when you do deads?
I have a high pain tolerance so it doesn't really hurt. I can feel it bulge and a little discomfort. On heavy lifts it can get bad enough to grab it after a lift. Most heavy leg lifts I will feel it. Deads, squats and leg press. It has been holding me back on leg workouts. The doctors solution was don't lift anything over 60 pounds. I'm well past that point.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I have a high pain tolerance so it doesn't really hurt. I can feel it bulge and a little discomfort. On heavy lifts it can get bad enough to grab it after a lift. Most heavy leg lifts I will feel it. Deads, squats and leg press. It has been holding me back on leg workouts. The doctors solution was don't lift anything over 60 pounds. I'm well past that point.
High pain tolerance is great but not when it relates to injuries. Injuries won't heal if you keep on repeating the cause of the injury or similar activities. What is your game plan? keep going until when?

Night Prowler

Awards
High pain tolerance is great but not when it relates to injuries. Injuries won't heal if you keep on repeating the cause of the injury or similar activities. What is your game plan? keep going until when?
That's a tough call. I'm self employed in construction and put in the same day as my employees. I'm not one of those bosses that pass the physical work to somebody else. As for the gym I have been slowly moving forward. I backed off how hard I was pushing myself and that has helped. I dropped some weight off leg press as well. One plus is having this reminds you to keep your core tight. If I get sloppy it let's you know in a hurry. Any thoughts on using a belt? Would there be any advantage to it? I figure I'm going to keep at it and try to use some kind of common sense. If I have a day where it's bothering me I have no problem doing a light workout. I could always try that cross fit thing for the summer. Lol I don't think so