Lower chest development

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I can't for the life of me get that line that seperates the chest from the abdomen and lats and it f*cking pisses me off. What exercises do you guys do to achieve it ?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
decline bb bench. weighted dips....

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I do em maybe I should try just doing those for a couple weeks

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
cant really isolate the lower chest man, Doing decline will work the chest more anyway imo because of taking some of your shoulder strength out of the movement. But you said your already doing those movements. So If your having problem with chest growth i would adjust your chest workout from what your currently doing now. Also hows the diet situation? Are you eating surplus cals or on cut/maintaining?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I'm right around maintenance but I've been gaining weight the last couple weeks.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Bumping up the calories may also be an option for you for a certain amount of time. Either way heres a good watch on some different chest routines by Tony Doherty one of australias leading bodybuilder trainers. Might give ya some ideas on something :) - Maxs muscle tv - Chest

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another vote for dips. At least 100 reps of BW or 50 weighted 1-2x/week. Very few things are as efficient for the upper-body as dips.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strangely enough, incline bench helped me in this area. I always thought the problem was my lower chest needing development yet in the end it was my upper chest that caused the whole problem. Once I addressed that issue I started (and continue) to see results of a complete chest development. I recommend upper chest.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for dips. At least 100 reps of BW or 50 weighted 1-2x/week. Very few things are as efficient for the upper-body as dips.
Wish i could still do dips, after braking my ulna and radius in my left forearm, dips really hurt that area now for whatever reason. So i have to leave them out.

BriceBurnsRed

Awards
In the same boat as you OP.. though judging by your avatar pic, I think my BF is a tad bit higher than yours.

Would a lower BF% yield similar results in bringing out definition for the chest? (As I ask this, i think i know the answer)

Ayy

Ayy

Awards
Once your bodyfat gets a little lower you would be surprised how much better your Chest will look!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
side note: i cut out flat bench for the last few months and focused on upper chest with some decline work and ive made more gains from this method than i ever did on flat. incline fly's and weighted dips are staples in chest development for me

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Gironda dips. They destroy the lower pec.

BriceBurnsRed

Awards
Gironda dips. They destroy the lower pec.
Hmm, I've actually never heard of that exercise before, I'll have to give them a try! Hand positioning looks hella awkward in some of the videos though.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Have u tried standing flys with cables? Dips is good but when u have resistance it's makes it that much better! Plus it isolates the your lower pecs by itself
I second the standing cable flys. Love them.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
is that like reverse grip dips?
Similar. There are some body positioning tips that stress the muscle out as well though. It's a more complicated exercise than a traditional dip. I wouldn't recommend it if you're prone to shoulder injuries, however, as it is a new angle.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've also got to add that smith machine is impressively good at isolating the pecs for myself. You can do a little more weight on the smith usually, too but I've noticed superb focus on pecs when doing heavy and slow moving reps. I personally like using this method with the adjustable bench since I can hit the 30 & 45 degree angles on the incline bench, and the 210 degree decline angle with the portable decline bench on the smith as well.

More angles = more development

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I love doing under handed close elbow presses with the cables. Nice and controlled leaning slightly forward elbows close to you(very important) and pressing your hands outward in front of you. Wish I had a vid

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I love doing under handed close elbow presses with the cables. Nice and controlled leaning slightly forward elbows close to you(very important) and pressing your hands outward in front of you. Wish I had a vid
I do too cuz idk wtf u talking about lol