V shape - AnabolicMinds.com

V shape

V shape

Okay so by far my weakest part is my back. As far as the thickness goes I'm getting noticeable gains from my rows. But I cannot get the growth I need for the width in my back, I'd like to work my back twice a week now because it needs more work. Just looking for new tips or training ideas to spark some new growth and get my waist smaller and lats to sweep. I need the V shape

Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

The best exercises for back width are wide grip chins and pullovers so include these in your training if they aren't already there and do them at the beginning of the workout. You don't mention your BF but the lower this is the smaller your waist is likely to be so if you are carrying any excess fat you should also work on reducing this.
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Like the guy above said, the weight issue will bring out your lats-to-waist ratio much better when at a low body fat percentage.

Rocking with Pulldowns, pullovers and one arm rows are key - and don't forget stretching your lats after every set. It'll spawn new growth and feel great. The stretch works like grabbing a vertically supported pole in front of you with both hands and leaning back with your hips, with your head down, stretching out your sides as much as possible.
    •   

I have 10% bf, but I can't cut because I am 6 ft and only weight 210lbs, I want to pack on more mass so I don't just look like a scrawny guy when I get cut up
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

If you are 10% BF @ 210lbs and 6ft you shouldn't have a problem with the V shape. I'm the same height and weight at 16% BF and I have a difference of about 5 inches between my chest (42) and waist (37). If I were to drop down to 10% (I wish) provided I didn't lose a ton of muscle the back/waist diff would probably be around 9 inches.

What measurements are your waist, shoulders and chest?

My chest is 44' and my waist is 34'
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

A 10" difference should already mean you have a decent V shape. The only way to increase it now with you having low BF is to add muscle to your back so may need to increase your calories as well as adding in chins (weighted if possible) and pullovers.
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Like above, wide grip chins, weighted if possible. One of my favorites at the gym. I like to go heavy and start my workout with these.

Ok what rep range should I use for those? Like 4x15?
    Stats
    5'6"  192 lbs.

lower your bf% and you need to incorporate PULLUPS

do pullups first in your workout. Everyweek switch the angle from close, to wide.. do them correctly and shoot for 10-12 resps..

This is what helped out the most beside DB rows. but make sure you are doing correctly and getting a full strecth

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

44" Chest, 31" waist here...

Got it with dead-lifts, bench press, wide-grip lat pull-downs, wide-grip pull-ups, DB pullovers, and another exercise where I swing a BB around in a semi-circle that is weighted at one end and anchored down to a corner of a wall at the other end. LOL, I don't know what this work out is called but my fiance showed it to me and it's pretty awesome. You should try it.

Oh yeah, the ultimate back-widening workout I can think of that is grossly difficult is the pinch deads. Basically, using only your thumbs and index fingers, you pinch the plates at either end of the BB and do dead-lifts holding it that way. OUCH! And HARD!

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    The best exercises for back width are wide grip chins and pullovers so include these in your training if they aren't already there and do them at the beginning of the workout. You don't mention your BF but the lower this is the smaller your waist is likely to be so if you are carrying any excess fat you should also work on reducing this.
    Agree with this 100. Repped

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP, got to get in shape
    By steeler fan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
  2. getting into shape....
    By medic620 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
  3. Help getting into shape
    By RemedySB in forum Weight Loss