To all runners

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

To all runners

Ever get knee pain? shin splits? hip pain? back pain? I have had all these. I friend of mine introduced me to Newtons. These shoes force you to become a fore foot runner thereby turning your calves into the springs they are supposed to be. I highly encourage you to check out there web site and decide for yourself. They have done wonders for me. BTW these shoes are only for running you wouldn't want to wear them for anything else. On the plus side many runners and get up to and over 800 miles on a pair.

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by shocknyou View Post
    Ever get knee pain? shin splits? hip pain? back pain? I have had all these. I friend of mine introduced me to Newtons. These shoes force you to become a fore foot runner thereby turning your calves into the springs they are supposed to be. I highly encourage you to check out there web site and decide for yourself. They have done wonders for me. BTW these shoes are only for running you wouldn't want to wear them for anything else. On the plus side many runners and get up to and over 800 miles on a pair.
    Thanks for the tip!
    I am not exactly a 'runner'. I do like to do some running though and do have some shin problems. I am going to give these shoes a look.

Thanks again.
    I'm Back...
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.13%

after training runners for years and working with physical therapists, chiropractors and podiatrists i have found that bad mechanics, weak and/or tight muscles up in the hips and trunk are more to blame for those aches and pains. for example:

knee pain - usually from over pronation issue. shows with a medial post can help. but i see those as more of a crutch and not a permanent fix. these people also likely walk pigeon toed due to imbalance in the hips. strengthen that area and improve mobility and the pigeon toes go away as well as much of the overpronation which equals less knee pain.

shin splints - overuse injury. most common from increasing intensity and/or volume too much on a week to week basis. our bodies were engineered to run on dirt. concrete is much harder so some added cushion is good to help negate the effects of shin splints. but even with perfect shoes, to much for the body can lead to this. in other words shoes are a secondary thing not a primary thing.

hip pain - this commonly in my experience came around when these other aches and pains were there. or when running on uneven surfaces. or a major overuse injury. deal with the others and you likely wont see this.

back pain - kind of like knee pain, muscle imbalances. strengthen the abz and upper back and improve mobility in the hips and you should be good. i saw this a low with those that had hyperlordosis. fix that and the back pain went away. no shoes required.

shoes have a purpose but should not be used as a cure all. fix the body first and let the shoes supplement you. if you supplement **** you get more ****. supplement greatness to get greater.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.67%

Hey buddy. I'm using Vibraam 5 finger.. Once you try minimalist running, there's no going back. Haven put on a sports shoe this whole year. Wear em even in the gym..
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.38%

Quote Originally Posted by EliteSoldier
    Hey buddy. I'm using Vibraam 5 finger.. Once you try minimalist running, there's no going back. Haven put on a sports shoe this whole year. Wear em even in the gym..
    Vibrams are the $hit took all my running ailments away. Definetly gonna check out these newtons though...never heard of them.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Get the bikilas yeah...best over all vibram shoe. Had mine for 1 yr and done about 1000miles in them
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.38%

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79
    Get the bikilas yeah...best over all vibram shoe. Had mine for 1 yr and done about 1000miles in them
    Haven't tried them yet I've used the KSO and Trek Sport. Trek Sport didn't hold up well. They tore out relatively quick considering they are meant for rugged terrain. I may switch to Merrell
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  8. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen

Haven't tried them yet I've used the KSO and Trek Sport. Trek Sport didn't hold up well. They tore out relatively quick considering they are meant for rugged terrain. I may switch to Merrell
    kSO are great for treks and hiking. I got bikilas for road running and everyday use. Wiggle.com sells me cheap
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%

I use adizero f50 and they are amazing for intermediate distances but also great for sprints to 8 ounces of comfort for a modest 100
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.68%

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    after training runners for years and working with physical therapists, chiropractors and podiatrists i have found that bad mechanics, weak and/or tight muscles up in the hips and trunk are more to blame for those aches and pains. for example:

knee pain - usually from over pronation issue. shows with a medial post can help. but i see those as more of a crutch and not a permanent fix. these people also likely walk pigeon toed due to imbalance in the hips. strengthen that area and improve mobility and the pigeon toes go away as well as much of the overpronation which equals less knee pain.

shin splints - overuse injury. most common from increasing intensity and/or volume too much on a week to week basis. our bodies were engineered to run on dirt. concrete is much harder so some added cushion is good to help negate the effects of shin splints. but even with perfect shoes, to much for the body can lead to this. in other words shoes are a secondary thing not a primary thing.

hip pain - this commonly in my experience came around when these other aches and pains were there. or when running on uneven surfaces. or a major overuse injury. deal with the others and you likely wont see this.

back pain - kind of like knee pain, muscle imbalances. strengthen the abz and upper back and improve mobility in the hips and you should be good. i saw this a low with those that had hyperlordosis. fix that and the back pain went away. no shoes required.

shoes have a purpose but should not be used as a cure all. fix the body first and let the shoes supplement you. if you supplement **** you get more ****. supplement greatness to get greater.
    ^^^ this. I run about 30 miles a week on multiple surfaces and terrain. I can run in combat boots if needed and have no shin, knee, hip or back pain because I run with proper footing, have strong hips, abs and back.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Runners supplements
    By cassie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. Strength training for runners
    By EBF_2356 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 09:03 AM
  3. strength exercises for runners
    By EBF_2356 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3